Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
The statistics of crimes recorded in Baku during the nine months of this year was revealed.
The Interior Ministry and the Prosecutor’s Office investigated a total of 9.148 crimes in the capital in the nine months of 2017, it was mentioned in the meeting of Baku City Main Police Department, APA reports.
83.2% (7.608) of these crimes were less severe, 16.8% (1.540) - grave and especially grave crimes. Compared to the same period of 2016, the first figure decreased 2.7%, while the latter reduced 14.6%.
79.1% (78.1%) of the grave crimes, 69.4% (67.8%) of crimes committed in uncertain circumstances were disclosed. Besides, disclosure of 94.5% (95.7%) of the 1,316 crimes committed against persons, 95.5% (98.0%) of premeditated murders, 100% of attempted murders, 100% of kidnapping and 100% of rapes was ensured.
66.5% out of 1.566 (-2.5%, 1.042%) people wanted as accused persons, and 48.2% (-4.8%) of the 600 people wanted for grave and especially grave crimes were arrested. Moreover, 50 groups of 107 people committed 60 crimes of robbery, as well as 49 criminal groups of 121 people committed 101 crimes of apartment burglary were exposed.
More than 267 kilograms (+31 kg 230 grams) of drugs were withdrawn from the illegal turnover on 628 (973) cases revealed during the reporting period. 107 firearms, 33 grenades, 2,360 cartridges, as well as 54 firearms, which were illegally stored and carried, were seized.
Related news releases
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal