6 people sentenced to pre-trial detention over Rasim Aliyev’ death - VİDEO
The statement reads: “The General Prosecutor's Office filed a criminal case on the fact under the Article #126.3 (deliberate causing of serious harm to health, imprudence entailed to death of a victim) of the Criminal Code and an investigative-operational group was created consisting of officers of prosecutor's office and police office.
The criminal case, being under personal supervision of the head of state and arousing great public attention, was solved in a short time, perpetrators were found and brought to justice.
According to the initial investigation, Javid Huseynov, born in Jabrayil in 1984, called employee of Ann.tv, Rasim Aliyev who criticized Huseynov’s acts while answering the questions of journalists after the match between Gabala Football Club and Apollo FC (Cyprus) in Baku on his own Facebook page and demanded him to give refutation.
After this, J.Huseynov’s cousin Elshan Ismayilov, born in 1994 in Baku, phoned R.Aliyev and demanded him to give refutation and they disputed on this ground. As a result, in order to take revenge against R.Aliyev, Elshan Ismayilov created a group consisting of his close friends, including Jamal Mammadov, Arif Aliyev, Kenan Madatov and Samir Mustafayev and met with him at about 16:00 on Aug.8 in front of “Bayil market” store in Bayil settlement. They inflicted numerous serious injuries to R.Aliyev beating him by hands and kicks which caused damage to his internal organs, and fled from the scene. Although R.Aliyev was taken to the Baku Clinical Medical Center by an ambulance and examined and operated on, it was impossible to save his life, and he died there at about 05:00 on Aug.9.
E. Ismayilov, S.Mustafayev, J.Mammadov, K.Madatov and A. Aliyev faced charges under the Article #126.3 of the Criminal Code, and sentenced to pre-trial detention.
At this phase of the investigation, Javid Huseynov faced charges under articles # 307.1(not informing about known preparing or committed minor serious or serious crimes) and 307.2 (hiding grave crime without promising in advance) of the Criminal Code and was sentenced to pre-trial detention as there are reasonable suspicions that he was aware of his cousin E. Ismayilov’s organizing a grave crime, didn’t give any information and hid it without promising in advance.
The assumption that the murder was committed at the instigation of Huseynov is also being investigated.
The course of the investigation and taken measures are regularly reported to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov - APA. 6 persons have been sentenced to pre-trial detention over beating journalist Rasim Aliyev.
According to the information given by law enforcement bodies to APA, Sabail District Court sentenced them to 3-month pretrial detention.
Football player Javid Huseynov and his cousin Elshan Ismayilov are among the detainees. Lawyer Adem Mammadov told APA that Sabail District Court sentenced J.Huseynov to 3-month pretrial detention at the hearing presided by judge Elshad Shamayev.
He faces charges under Articles #307.1 and 307.2 of the Criminal Code.
A.Mammadov said that they will appeal against the decision of the Sabail District Court.
Related news releases
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 07.11.2016Testimonies of some witnesses on criminal case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employees revealed
- 29.10.2016Snakes attack Ismayilli’s Kurdmashi village, 40 venomous reptiles killed
- 29.10.2016Fire breaks out in two cafes in Sumgayit, 3 poisoned by smoke, 12 evacuated
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani State Security Service conducted special operation, two extremists killed - UPDATED
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani student dies after falling from 7th floor of university hostel in Ukraine
- 24.10.2016Police raid houses of alleged Nursists in Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2016Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 14.10.2016Brother of ex-minister of Nakhchivan arrested
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani footballer Javid Huseynov released from prison
- 12.10.2016Brother stabs 22-year-old sister to death in Azerbaijan's Sumgayit
- 12.10.2016Man, 25, shoots businessman dead in Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2016Baku court rejects appeal of man accused of attempting to kill two police officers
- 10.10.2016Hearing held in case of Taleh Baghirov and others
- 10.10.2016IBA ex-head makes final statement in court
- 12.08.2015Former Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to CoE Arif Mammadov declared wanted
- 12.08.2015Hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case proceeded
- 12.08.2015Man, 42, makes suicide attempt spilling gasoline on himself
- 11.08.2015Two vehicles collide in Salyan, deputy’s assistant dies
- 11.08.2015Court to appeal to Bar Association regarding Khadija Ismayilova’s defenders
- 10.08.2015Witnesses testify in court hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case