6 people sentenced to pre-trial detention over Rasim Aliyev’ death - VİDEO
The statement reads: “The General Prosecutor's Office filed a criminal case on the fact under the Article #126.3 (deliberate causing of serious harm to health, imprudence entailed to death of a victim) of the Criminal Code and an investigative-operational group was created consisting of officers of prosecutor's office and police office.
The criminal case, being under personal supervision of the head of state and arousing great public attention, was solved in a short time, perpetrators were found and brought to justice.
According to the initial investigation, Javid Huseynov, born in Jabrayil in 1984, called employee of Ann.tv, Rasim Aliyev who criticized Huseynov’s acts while answering the questions of journalists after the match between Gabala Football Club and Apollo FC (Cyprus) in Baku on his own Facebook page and demanded him to give refutation.
After this, J.Huseynov’s cousin Elshan Ismayilov, born in 1994 in Baku, phoned R.Aliyev and demanded him to give refutation and they disputed on this ground. As a result, in order to take revenge against R.Aliyev, Elshan Ismayilov created a group consisting of his close friends, including Jamal Mammadov, Arif Aliyev, Kenan Madatov and Samir Mustafayev and met with him at about 16:00 on Aug.8 in front of “Bayil market” store in Bayil settlement. They inflicted numerous serious injuries to R.Aliyev beating him by hands and kicks which caused damage to his internal organs, and fled from the scene. Although R.Aliyev was taken to the Baku Clinical Medical Center by an ambulance and examined and operated on, it was impossible to save his life, and he died there at about 05:00 on Aug.9.
E. Ismayilov, S.Mustafayev, J.Mammadov, K.Madatov and A. Aliyev faced charges under the Article #126.3 of the Criminal Code, and sentenced to pre-trial detention.
At this phase of the investigation, Javid Huseynov faced charges under articles # 307.1(not informing about known preparing or committed minor serious or serious crimes) and 307.2 (hiding grave crime without promising in advance) of the Criminal Code and was sentenced to pre-trial detention as there are reasonable suspicions that he was aware of his cousin E. Ismayilov’s organizing a grave crime, didn’t give any information and hid it without promising in advance.
The assumption that the murder was committed at the instigation of Huseynov is also being investigated.
The course of the investigation and taken measures are regularly reported to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov - APA. 6 persons have been sentenced to pre-trial detention over beating journalist Rasim Aliyev.
According to the information given by law enforcement bodies to APA, Sabail District Court sentenced them to 3-month pretrial detention.
Football player Javid Huseynov and his cousin Elshan Ismayilov are among the detainees. Lawyer Adem Mammadov told APA that Sabail District Court sentenced J.Huseynov to 3-month pretrial detention at the hearing presided by judge Elshad Shamayev.
He faces charges under Articles #307.1 and 307.2 of the Criminal Code.
A.Mammadov said that they will appeal against the decision of the Sabail District Court.
Related news releases
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 12.08.2015Former Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to CoE Arif Mammadov declared wanted
- 12.08.2015Hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case proceeded
- 12.08.2015Man, 42, makes suicide attempt spilling gasoline on himself
- 11.08.2015Two vehicles collide in Salyan, deputy’s assistant dies
- 11.08.2015Court to appeal to Bar Association regarding Khadija Ismayilova’s defenders
- 10.08.2015Witnesses testify in court hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case