6 people sentenced to pre-trial detention over Rasim Aliyev’ death - VİDEO
The statement reads: “The General Prosecutor's Office filed a criminal case on the fact under the Article #126.3 (deliberate causing of serious harm to health, imprudence entailed to death of a victim) of the Criminal Code and an investigative-operational group was created consisting of officers of prosecutor's office and police office.
The criminal case, being under personal supervision of the head of state and arousing great public attention, was solved in a short time, perpetrators were found and brought to justice.
According to the initial investigation, Javid Huseynov, born in Jabrayil in 1984, called employee of Ann.tv, Rasim Aliyev who criticized Huseynov’s acts while answering the questions of journalists after the match between Gabala Football Club and Apollo FC (Cyprus) in Baku on his own Facebook page and demanded him to give refutation.
After this, J.Huseynov’s cousin Elshan Ismayilov, born in 1994 in Baku, phoned R.Aliyev and demanded him to give refutation and they disputed on this ground. As a result, in order to take revenge against R.Aliyev, Elshan Ismayilov created a group consisting of his close friends, including Jamal Mammadov, Arif Aliyev, Kenan Madatov and Samir Mustafayev and met with him at about 16:00 on Aug.8 in front of “Bayil market” store in Bayil settlement. They inflicted numerous serious injuries to R.Aliyev beating him by hands and kicks which caused damage to his internal organs, and fled from the scene. Although R.Aliyev was taken to the Baku Clinical Medical Center by an ambulance and examined and operated on, it was impossible to save his life, and he died there at about 05:00 on Aug.9.
E. Ismayilov, S.Mustafayev, J.Mammadov, K.Madatov and A. Aliyev faced charges under the Article #126.3 of the Criminal Code, and sentenced to pre-trial detention.
At this phase of the investigation, Javid Huseynov faced charges under articles # 307.1(not informing about known preparing or committed minor serious or serious crimes) and 307.2 (hiding grave crime without promising in advance) of the Criminal Code and was sentenced to pre-trial detention as there are reasonable suspicions that he was aware of his cousin E. Ismayilov’s organizing a grave crime, didn’t give any information and hid it without promising in advance.
The assumption that the murder was committed at the instigation of Huseynov is also being investigated.
The course of the investigation and taken measures are regularly reported to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov - APA. 6 persons have been sentenced to pre-trial detention over beating journalist Rasim Aliyev.
According to the information given by law enforcement bodies to APA, Sabail District Court sentenced them to 3-month pretrial detention.
Football player Javid Huseynov and his cousin Elshan Ismayilov are among the detainees. Lawyer Adem Mammadov told APA that Sabail District Court sentenced J.Huseynov to 3-month pretrial detention at the hearing presided by judge Elshad Shamayev.
He faces charges under Articles #307.1 and 307.2 of the Criminal Code.
A.Mammadov said that they will appeal against the decision of the Sabail District Court.
Related news releases
- 26.07.2016Two people die as a result of the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
- 26.07.2016Criminal case launched over the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
- 26.07.2016State Commission established to investigate explosion in Shirvan
- 23.07.2016Woman kills husband in Baku
- 23.07.201656-year old man commits suicide in Azerbaijan
- 22.07.2016Six injured after car crashes into concrete barrier in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2016Three drowned in Caspian Sea, body of one removed from water
- 19.07.2016The materials of the criminal case against Jahangir Hajiyev and another seven people, sent to court
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan completes investigation of criminal cases on 143 officials in H1 2016
- 13.07.2016304 killed in Azerbaijan traffic accidents in H1 2016
- 09.07.2016Police major-general, being main department chief for 21 years, sent into retirement in Azerbaijan
- 06.07.2016Body of 14-year-old boy drowned in Yukhari Shirvan channel found - UPDATED
- 06.07.2016Azerbaijani businessman with his family attacked by masked men on way to Crimea
- 06.07.2016Armenian shepherd goes missing on Armenian-Azerbaijani border
- 05.07.2016Strong blast hits Baku plant
- 04.07.2016Baku police detain two for stealing large amount of money, jewelry from apartment
- 04.07.2016Baku girl, 22, stabbed to death in shop
- 01.07.2016Court rejects Akif Chovdarov's appeal
- 30.06.2016Fire extinguished at car market in Baku - UPDATED -3 - VIDEO
- 30.06.2016Azerbaijani businessman murdered by mistake, murderer arrested - UPDATED
- 30.06.2016Turkish embassy in Baku opens condolence book in honor of Istanbul attack victims
- 30.06.2016Quake hits Caspian Sea
- 29.06.2016Security video shows suicide bomber exploding himself at Istanbul Airport - VİDEO
- 29.06.2016Employees of AZAL did not injured in the attack at the Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- 29.06.2016AZAL: No dead or wounded among our passengers
- 25.06.2016Man killing his wife, father-in-law and mother-in-law committed suicide in Azerbaijan
- 25.06.2016Criminal case launched into wrong amputation case
- 25.06.2016Mentally ill person burns 6 cars in Gadabay
- 25.06.2016Ex-convict killed in Azerbaijan
- 25.06.2016Jalilabad resident detained over hacking his ex-wife and children
- 24.06.2016Two detained over withdrawing large sum of money from foreigners’ plastic cards
- 24.06.2016Man hacks 78-year-old father to death in Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2016Baku man strangles his wife to death
- 18.06.2016Fire breaks out in house of Space TV’s employee in Goychay
- 18.06.2016Police officers find tourist’s missing wallet in Baku
- 17.06.2016Earthquake hits Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 16.06.2016Four members of a family killed in fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan, four others injured - UPDATED 2
- 16.06.2016Businessman killed in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2016Azerbaijani football player appeals against court judgment
- 09.06.2016Azerbaijan’s Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 12.08.2015Former Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to CoE Arif Mammadov declared wanted
- 12.08.2015Hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case proceeded
- 12.08.2015Man, 42, makes suicide attempt spilling gasoline on himself
- 11.08.2015Two vehicles collide in Salyan, deputy’s assistant dies
- 11.08.2015Court to appeal to Bar Association regarding Khadija Ismayilova’s defenders
- 10.08.2015Witnesses testify in court hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case