6 people sentenced to pre-trial detention over Rasim Aliyev’ death - VİDEO
The statement reads: “The General Prosecutor's Office filed a criminal case on the fact under the Article #126.3 (deliberate causing of serious harm to health, imprudence entailed to death of a victim) of the Criminal Code and an investigative-operational group was created consisting of officers of prosecutor's office and police office.
The criminal case, being under personal supervision of the head of state and arousing great public attention, was solved in a short time, perpetrators were found and brought to justice.
According to the initial investigation, Javid Huseynov, born in Jabrayil in 1984, called employee of Ann.tv, Rasim Aliyev who criticized Huseynov’s acts while answering the questions of journalists after the match between Gabala Football Club and Apollo FC (Cyprus) in Baku on his own Facebook page and demanded him to give refutation.
After this, J.Huseynov’s cousin Elshan Ismayilov, born in 1994 in Baku, phoned R.Aliyev and demanded him to give refutation and they disputed on this ground. As a result, in order to take revenge against R.Aliyev, Elshan Ismayilov created a group consisting of his close friends, including Jamal Mammadov, Arif Aliyev, Kenan Madatov and Samir Mustafayev and met with him at about 16:00 on Aug.8 in front of “Bayil market” store in Bayil settlement. They inflicted numerous serious injuries to R.Aliyev beating him by hands and kicks which caused damage to his internal organs, and fled from the scene. Although R.Aliyev was taken to the Baku Clinical Medical Center by an ambulance and examined and operated on, it was impossible to save his life, and he died there at about 05:00 on Aug.9.
E. Ismayilov, S.Mustafayev, J.Mammadov, K.Madatov and A. Aliyev faced charges under the Article #126.3 of the Criminal Code, and sentenced to pre-trial detention.
At this phase of the investigation, Javid Huseynov faced charges under articles # 307.1(not informing about known preparing or committed minor serious or serious crimes) and 307.2 (hiding grave crime without promising in advance) of the Criminal Code and was sentenced to pre-trial detention as there are reasonable suspicions that he was aware of his cousin E. Ismayilov’s organizing a grave crime, didn’t give any information and hid it without promising in advance.
The assumption that the murder was committed at the instigation of Huseynov is also being investigated.
The course of the investigation and taken measures are regularly reported to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov - APA. 6 persons have been sentenced to pre-trial detention over beating journalist Rasim Aliyev.
According to the information given by law enforcement bodies to APA, Sabail District Court sentenced them to 3-month pretrial detention.
Football player Javid Huseynov and his cousin Elshan Ismayilov are among the detainees. Lawyer Adem Mammadov told APA that Sabail District Court sentenced J.Huseynov to 3-month pretrial detention at the hearing presided by judge Elshad Shamayev.
He faces charges under Articles #307.1 and 307.2 of the Criminal Code.
A.Mammadov said that they will appeal against the decision of the Sabail District Court.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 12.08.2015Former Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to CoE Arif Mammadov declared wanted
- 12.08.2015Hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case proceeded
- 12.08.2015Man, 42, makes suicide attempt spilling gasoline on himself
- 11.08.2015Two vehicles collide in Salyan, deputy’s assistant dies
- 11.08.2015Court to appeal to Bar Association regarding Khadija Ismayilova’s defenders
- 10.08.2015Witnesses testify in court hearing on Khadija Ismayilova’s case