Venue changed for trial of imprisoned generals of Azerbaijani national security ministry
The trial on the criminal case involving imprisoned generals of the liquidated National Security Ministry will be held at the Sabunchu District Court.
The trial on the criminal case involving the former chief of the Monitoring Center of the liquidated National Security Ministry of Azerbaijan, Major General Teymur Guliyev, the former head of the ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Transnational Economic Crime, Major General Subahir Gurbanov, the chief of the ministry’s Operational and Technical Department, Major General Natavan Murvatova, and other officials of the ministry Fizuli Aliyev, Zaur Mammadov, Natig Aliyev, Farhad Atayev, Anar Shiraliyev, Eshgin Aliyev and Elshad Azizov will be commenced on Jan. 19.
The trial will be presided over by Baku Military Court chairman Habib Hasanov.
The reason for the change of the trial venue is related to the fact that the hearing hall of Baku Military Court is not large.
Earlier it was reported that the trial would be held in Yasamal District Court.
The court ordered seizure on property and cash worth of AZN 21,528,000, as well as real estate worth of AZN 20,971,000, vehicles worth of AZN 272,000, jewelry and other valuable goods worth of AZN 42,000, cash worth of AZN 88,000, USD 88,000 and EUR 5,000 belonging to the defendants – Subahir Gurbanov, Fizuli Aliyev, Zaur Mammadov, Natig Aliyev, Teymur Guliyev, Natavan Murvatova and the others.
They are charged under articles 145.3 (illegal imprisonment on negligence ended with death of the victim or other serious consequences), 178.3.1, 178.3.2 (swindle committed by organized group with causing damage on a large scale), 179.3.1, 179.3.2 (embezzlement by an organized group on a large scale), 181.3.1, 181.3.2 (robbery, committed by an organized group, with a view to seizing the property on a large scale), 182.3.1, 182.3.2 (extortion, committed by an organized group in order to obtain property on a large scale), 228.4 (illegal purchase, selling, storage and carrying fire arms, bladed weapons), 302.1, 302.2 (infringement of the legislation on operative-search activity with the use of technical means, intended for secret information), 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4 (reception of a bribe, committed by a group of persons or an organized group repeatedly or on a large scale, using threats), 313 (service forgery), 320.1, 320.2 (fake of official documents and use of obviously counterfeit documents) and 341.2.1, 341.2.2, 341.2.3 (abusing authority, excess or inactivity of authority, committed by a group of persons with the use of weapons, resulted in grave consequences).
Related news releases
- 24.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets mother
- 24.03.201710 died, 39 injured in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 23.03.2017Two detained in Baku on suspicion of hooligan acts against Iranian citizen
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijani man commits suicide after murdering mother
- 22.03.2017Road accident in Barda claims lives of two, other four injured
- 22.03.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified: Headquarters
- 22.03.2017Azerbaijani citizen wanted by Interpol for serious crime detained
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service prevents illegal distribution of ecstasy
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijani man, sentenced to life in 2007, gets sentence reduced
- 15.03.2017Metro station "28 May" is open to passengers after smoke prevented
- 15.03.2017Body recovered from Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman - UPDATED
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over death of five people from carbon monoxide poisoning
- 15.03.2017College director: Death of two of our students is a big tragedy
- 15.03.2017Victims identified in fatal carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security for Novruz celebrations
- 14.03.2017Three detained over murder of Azerbaijani poet’s son
- 14.03.2017Georgian police detain Azerbaijani citizen over keeping firearms
- 13.03.2017Another male corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 13.03.2017Former Azerbaijani police officer dies in prison
- 10.03.2017Grenade blasts in teahouse in Ismayilli, two injured
- 10.03.2017State Security Service eliminates firearm smugglers
- 10.03.2017Boat overturns in Caspian Sea, fishermen rescued by helicopter - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan detains three for attempting to smuggle large quantities of dollars and gold bullions
- 10.03.20177 killed, 24 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents in one day
- 09.03.2017Criminal case initiated over fatal road accident in Baku
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan detained 37 trespassers in February
- 09.03.2017Five killed in Baku minibus crash identified - UPDATED-3
- 04.03.2017Lapshin allowed to telephone his relatives
- 04.03.2017One more corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 03.03.2017Blogger Mehman Huseynov arrested in courtroom
- 02.03.2017Body recovered from Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 28.02.2017Dead body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 28.02.2017Earthquake hits Armenia, tremors also felt in Azerbaijan
- 27.02.2017Akif Chovdrov’s trial continues Monday - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan arrests narcological dispensary chief physician on bribery charges
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan imposed AZN 85.4 mln fine for violation of traffic rules last year
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan punishes 330 police officers for offences
- 25.02.2017Police search for Ujar resident appropriating money of citizens for making fake visas
- 24.02.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens detained on charges of spying for foreign country
- 24.02.2017Police detain suspect in murder of two sisters in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 18.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 18.01.2017Trial resumed for Azerbaijani security ministry’s ex-employees - UPDATED-1
- 19.01.2017Mother and baby die during childbirth in Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2017Taleh Baghirov’s trial resumed
- 16.01.2017Trial resumed for Azerbaijani security ministry’s ex-employees
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijan initiates 159 criminal cases over corruption-related crimes in 2016