Ukrainian prosecutor general calls Azerbaijani counterpart
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko has made a phone call to his Azerbaijani counterpart Zakir Garalov in connection with crimes committed against Azerbaijanis in Ukraine.
On September 16, Azerbaijan’s Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov sent a letter to his Ukrainian counterpart Yuriy Lutsenko over the recent acts of violence against Azerbaijan in the country.
The sides mulled further joint steps in this regard, Azerbaijan’s Embassy in Ukraine told APA on Sept. 29.
The Ukrainian prosecutor general promised his Azerbaijani counterpart that he will soon receive relatives of the victims and leaders of the Azerbaijani community, said the embassy.
The embassy noted that no fact of kidnapping of Azerbaijanis was recorded in Ukraine after the protest rally held on Sept.14 outside the Interior Ministry.
“One person was kidnapped in August, then he was released,” he added.
Chairman of the Supreme Mejlis of the Congress of Ukrainian Azerbaijanis Akif Gulmammadov told APA that Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has not yet reacted to the demands of Azerbaijanis who had recently held rally outside the ministry.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018One of Azerbaijanis injured in Russia apartment fire dies
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek, Kyrgyz citizens for attempting to illegally cross border with Iran
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Azerbaijani women sentenced to life in prison for collaborating with ISIL
- 19.02.2018Fire breaks out in former Azerbaijani transport minister’s house
- 19.02.2018Chairman of the State Committee for City Building and Architecture of Azerbaijan dies
- 17.02.2018Man detained for pretending to be Security Service official
- 17.02.2018Suspect in murder of woman whose body was found chopped into pieces in Baku detained
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09.02.2018Criminal gang leader declared wanted by Azerbaijan 20 years ago detained in Moscow
- 09.02.2018Illegal migrants detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Violations revealed in work of 24 municipalities in Azerbaijan last year
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted by Russia killed in Mosul
- 03.02.2018Five poisoned by smoke in fire at residential building in Baku
- 01.02.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on charges of joining illegal armed groups
- 01.02.2018Baku woman steals $58,000 from her own home
- 31.01.2018UXOs found in Goranboy
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek citizens over attempt to illegally cross border with Iran
- 29.01.20183 Arabs detained in Azerbaijan for illegal hunting
- 29.01.2018Above 300 Azerbaijanis reportedly killed in battles in Syria, Iraq – State Committee
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: Prosecuting authorities are successfully fulfilling president’s task on humanization of punishment policy
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: 418 unsolved crimes have been solved
- 27.01.2018Azerbaijani MES issues statement on fire outbreak incident in Baku
- 26.01.2018ANAMA finds 20 UXOs in Aghstafa
- 26.01.2018Georgia initiates criminal prosecution against Azerbaijani transplant surgeon
- 26.01.2018Baku police kill man who showed armed resistance
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani MES reveals number of emergency situations in 2017
- 25.01.2018Names of Azerbaijanis aboard missing vessel in Sea of Japan revealed - UPDATED
- 25.01.2018Turkish businessman’s house robbed in Baku
- 24.01.2018Five dismissed from prosecuting authorities in Baku
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani MES to hold firefighting training
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Pakistani, Indian nationals accused of organizing illegal migration channel
- 22.01.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan continues
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service exposes big network engaged in currency smuggling
- 20.01.2018Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani border village
- 09.01.2017Azerbaijan detains 16 foreigners for illegal hunting in 2016
- 09.01.2017Interior Ministry: Murder in Demirchi Plaza committed with COBALT rifle
- 10.01.2017Baku court commences trial of Nardaran resident charged with treason
- 06.01.2017Son of ex-Azerbaijani police officer suspected of murder recalled from army and arrested
- 06.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official accused of embezzlement
- 06.01.2017Baku woman commits theft against Arab tourists