Ukrainian prosecutor general calls Azerbaijani counterpart
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko has made a phone call to his Azerbaijani counterpart Zakir Garalov in connection with crimes committed against Azerbaijanis in Ukraine.
On September 16, Azerbaijan’s Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov sent a letter to his Ukrainian counterpart Yuriy Lutsenko over the recent acts of violence against Azerbaijan in the country.
The sides mulled further joint steps in this regard, Azerbaijan’s Embassy in Ukraine told APA on Sept. 29.
The Ukrainian prosecutor general promised his Azerbaijani counterpart that he will soon receive relatives of the victims and leaders of the Azerbaijani community, said the embassy.
The embassy noted that no fact of kidnapping of Azerbaijanis was recorded in Ukraine after the protest rally held on Sept.14 outside the Interior Ministry.
“One person was kidnapped in August, then he was released,” he added.
Chairman of the Supreme Mejlis of the Congress of Ukrainian Azerbaijanis Akif Gulmammadov told APA that Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has not yet reacted to the demands of Azerbaijanis who had recently held rally outside the ministry.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Baku café explosion: Two dead, two injured - UPDATED-2
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani citizen buried in cemetery of the nameless after committing suicide in Turkey
- 21.05.2018$30,000 and jewelry items worth AZN 100,000 stolen from home in Baku
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan detains Iranian national for attempting to smuggle 10 Scottish Fold kittens to Iran
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan's Pardon Issues Commission considers about 1,100 appeals - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains two over sale of fake excise stamps
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake visas
- 16.05.2018Bodies of all three missing Azerbaijani mountaineers found - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Two houses destroyed after landslide hits Bayil slope in Baku
- 14.05.2018Missile discovered in Goranboy forest
- 08.05.2018Fire in house kills husband and wife in Masalli
- 07.05.2018Baku court commences trial of Moldova citizen accused of stealing about AZN1.5 million from Azerbaijani bank
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan reveals organized group engaged in illicit medicines trade
- 04.05.2018Baku drug rehab center director arrested over 2 March fire accident
- 03.05.20182 persons detained for demanding $50,000 from head of energy drink company in Azerbaijan
- 02.05.2018Remains of 6 Azerbaijanis killed in World War II found in Russia
- 02.05.2018Foreigners detained in Baku for attempting to exchange counterfeit money in bank
- 01.05.20181 killed, 6 injured in nasty traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijan detains five foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 28.04.2018No one was injured in fire in Baku high-rise – Deputy Minister - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED-5
- 28.04.2018Emergency Situations Ministry issues statement on Baku high-rise fire
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners for attempting to get to Europe on fake passports
- 26.04.2018Former Azerbaijani MP Huseyn Abdullayev faces additional charges
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards foil drug smuggling attempt
- 24.04.2018Details emerge of armed assault on Azerbaijani family in Georgia - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court upholds State Security Service’s AZN 1M lawsuit against liquidated MNS
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against ex-employees of liquidated national security ministry
- 23.04.2018State Security Service: Illegal religious complex revealed in Baku
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 16.04.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 13.04.2018Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 12.04.2018Five Sri Lanka citizens detained in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Man who brought illegal drugs worth $40,000 to Azerbaijan detained
- 11.04.2018Mother dies after giving birth in Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Several Nardaran residents detained for illegal arms storage
- 29.09.2016Former head of Baku Telephone Network PA testifies in court
- 03.10.2016Investigation into case of Azerbaijan's communications and high tech ministry officials concludes
- 03.10.2016Lawyers make speeches at hearing of IBA ex-head - UPDATED
- 28.09.2016Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 28.09.2016Prosecutor seeks 14 years for Azerbaijan citizen accused of fighting in Syria
- 28.09.2016Mother of three hangs herself in Azerbaijan’s Gobustan