Twelve more suspects in Nardaran incidents standing trial
Proceedings have been initiated on the criminal case against twelve more people who were detained during a special police operation in Baku’s Nardaran township on Nov. 26, 2015.
The criminal case has been sent to the Baku Court of Grave Crimes for consideration. A preliminary hearing will be held on Jan. 19, APA reported.
Employees of the Interior Ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime conducted a special operation in Nardaran on Nov. 26, 2015.
Muslim Unity movement leader Taleh Baghirov and many others were arrested in an armed clash that occurred during the operation.
Two police officers and four Nardaran residents lost their lives in the armed clash.
The investigation into the case of all those detained is divided into three parts. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes is continuing the trial of Taleh Baghirov and 18 others. The preliminary investigation into the case of 12 others is underway.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2017Taleh Baghirov’s trial resumed
- 16.01.2017Trial resumed for Azerbaijani security ministry’s ex-employees
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijan initiates 159 criminal cases over corruption-related crimes in 2016
- 16.01.2017Criminal case against ex-employees of Azerbaijani communications and high-tech ministry sent to court
- 16.01.2017Traffic to be restricted on some roads of Baku on January 20 - National Mourning Day
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijan detains six officials on corruption charges
- 14.01.2017Landslides cause damage to Jalilabad highway
- 14.01.2017Azerbaijan detains two for attempted arms sales
- 14.01.2017Ex-Azerbaijani police officer charged with murder believed to be hiding in Budapest
- 13.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official charged with embezzlement
- 09.01.2017Interior Ministry: Murder in Demirchi Plaza committed with COBALT rifle
- 09.01.2017Azerbaijan detains 16 foreigners for illegal hunting in 2016
- 07.01.2017Armed incident took place in “Demirchi Tower”, Baku - UPDATED
- 06.01.2017Son of ex-Azerbaijani police officer suspected of murder recalled from army and arrested
- 06.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official accused of embezzlement
- 06.01.2017Baku woman commits theft against Arab tourists
- 06.01.2017Baku's oldest resident dies aged 118
- 05.01.2017Baku police department dismisses reports on alleged beating of student
- 05.01.201722-year-old boy kills father in Baku
- 05.01.201720 killed in road accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 05.01.2017Victim: "The Ministry of National Security said that if I do not bring 300 thousand, they will bring women"
- 04.01.2017Search for corps of girl killed by her brother yields no result
- 04.01.2017Baku citizen burned to death in home fire accident
- 04.01.2017Armenian serviceman gets in car accident near Aghdam
- 04.01.2017Girl went missing four years ago in Lankaran killed by her brother
- 03.01.2017Body of Nurana Hasanova to be sent to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2017Interior Ministry issues statement on death of Cameroonian citizens in Baku
- 03.01.2017Four people die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2017Istanbul attack suspect 'recorded video selfie'
- 02.01.2017Cameroonians found dead in Baku played for amateur football club: report
- 02.01.2017Fire at Azerbaijani gas pipeline extinguished - UPDATED
- 02.01.2017Five Cameroonians found dead in apartment in Baku
- 01.01.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens injured in Istanbul terrorist attack
- 30.12.2016Helicopter rescues two fishermen from sinking boat: Azerbaijani MES
- 28.12.2016The State Security Service: Three organized criminal groups involved in illicit exchange of currency were exposed
- 28.12.2016Criminal case opened on death of former prosecutor
- 28.12.2016Murder committed in Baku TB Dispensary
- 28.12.2016Eleventh grader commits suicide in Baku
- 27.12.2016Houses damaged in gas pipeline explosion in Azerbaijan - UPDATED-1
- 26.12.2016Prosecutor seeks life imprisonment for Taleh Baghirov - UPDATED
- 12.01.2017Cargo ship on fire in Caspian Sea, helicopter involved in fire-fighting
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani ferry prepares for safe mooring after smoke appears in engine room - UPDATED
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani border guards detain 373 wanted people
- 11.01.2017Dispute erupts at trial of Azerbaijani security ministry’s ex-employees - UPDATED
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijani man detained on suspicion of murdering sister released
- 10.01.2017Baku court commences trial of Nardaran resident charged with treason