Twelve more suspects in Nardaran incidents standing trial
Proceedings have been initiated on the criminal case against twelve more people who were detained during a special police operation in Baku’s Nardaran township on Nov. 26, 2015.
The criminal case has been sent to the Baku Court of Grave Crimes for consideration. A preliminary hearing will be held on Jan. 19, APA reported.
Employees of the Interior Ministry’s Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime conducted a special operation in Nardaran on Nov. 26, 2015.
Muslim Unity movement leader Taleh Baghirov and many others were arrested in an armed clash that occurred during the operation.
Two police officers and four Nardaran residents lost their lives in the armed clash.
The investigation into the case of all those detained is divided into three parts. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes is continuing the trial of Taleh Baghirov and 18 others. The preliminary investigation into the case of 12 others is underway.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens detained on charges of spying for foreign country
- 24.02.2017Police detain suspect in murder of two sisters in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 24.02.2017Alexander Lapshin meets new lawyer
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijani diaspora leader arrested in Russia
- 23.02.2017Family members killed in avalanche accident in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 22.02.2017Russian court pronounces verdict for Azerbaijanis accused of killing police colonel, his family members
- 22.02.2017Chovdarov’s attorneys submit to court news reports about victim
- 22.02.2017Three more inmates die in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2017One more Azerbaijani national killed in bus crash in Turkey’s Igdir identified - UPDATED-2
- 20.02.2017Trial postponed as Chovdarov’s health deteriorates
- 18.02.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified as missing oil worker
- 18.02.2017Headquarters: Identity of body found in Caspian Sea is being investigated - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Avalanche hits mountain road in Azerbaijan, access to 8 villages interrupted
- 16.02.2017Ukraine opens criminal case over crimes against Azerbaijanis
- 15.02.2017Three killed after train hit car in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial resumed
- 14.02.2017Ex-general of Azerbaijani MNS insults journalists - UPDATED
- 13.02.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial resumed - UPDATED
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan detains another Cameroonian charged with fraud
- 08.02.2017134 people killed, 473 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan last year
- 07.02.2017Azerbaijan detains four foreigners on fraud charges
- 06.02.2017Mud volcano erupts in Baku suburb
- 04.02.2017Foreign currency smuggling from Azerbaijan to Turkey prevented
- 04.02.2017Azerbaijan registers 90 crimes in one day
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijani detained along with National Bank department director over bribery in Ukraine
- 02.02.2017Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijani citizen dies after falling off kindergarten roof in St. Petersburg
- 02.02.2017Fire broke out at residential building in Baku.
- 01.02.2017Four terrorists eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017140 inmates and detainees died in Azerbaijan last year
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia for drug offences
- 28.01.2017MOE released information on fire in “Sovetski” area - UPDATE-2
- 27.01.2017Over 930 kg of drugs seized in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Over 1,000 criminal groups detained in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Donald Trump ready to lift anti-Russian sanctions
- 27.01.2017Company director gets 8 years over deadly high-rise fire in Baku
- 26.01.2017Psychotherapist Dayanat Rzayev commits suicide - UPDATED
- 25.01.2017Taleh Baghirov sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling
- 25.01.2017Ex-police officer commits suicide in Baku
- 12.01.2017Cargo ship on fire in Caspian Sea, helicopter involved in fire-fighting
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani ferry prepares for safe mooring after smoke appears in engine room - UPDATED
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani border guards detain 373 wanted people
- 11.01.2017Dispute erupts at trial of Azerbaijani security ministry’s ex-employees - UPDATED
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijani man detained on suspicion of murdering sister released
- 10.01.2017Baku court commences trial of Nardaran resident charged with treason