Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
The Baku Military Court continued on Thursday the trial in the case involving head of the Anti-Terrorism Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan, Major-General Elchin Guliyev and another former MNS official Azer Mehdiyev.
The study of documents began at the trial presided over by judge Elbey Allahverdiyev. A number of documents were read out.
Then the victim, Matlab Mustafayev, made a speech at the trial.
“Elchin Guliyev said in his testimony that minister Eldar Mahmudov followed the distribution of $120,000 received from Maqsud Mahmudov. He said that Eldar Mahmudov instructed them to take money from the rich in business, where they are curators,” said Mustafayev.
Mustafayev asked to court to summon Eldar Mahmudov to the court to investigate this episode.
The judge said that such issues will be considered at next trials.
Then, Alakbar Heydarov, former deputy head of the Khazar district executive authority, made a speech at the trial, noting that the ministry did not have any operational information on him,
"If there is no operational information about me, how did they call me there?" he said.
Elchin Guliyev, in turn, said that there was operational information about Alakbar Heydarov.
Sahib Gurbanov, who is recognized as the victim in the case, petitioned for the summons to the court of the former head of the ministry’s department in Khazar district, Rafig Safarov, and operative Eldar Hajiyev. Gurbanov also asked the court to clarify the issue of who was given the cigarettes he had received.
The court upheld the petitions.
Major General Elchin Guliyev is former chief of the Anti-Terrorist Center of the liquidatedMinistry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan. Following the scandals surrounding the MNS, Elchin Guliyev was dismissed and appointed department head at the MNS Academy named after Heydar Aliyev. He was then arrested.
Elchin Guliyev and the others face the charges under the Articles 145.3 (illegal imprisonment on negligence ended with death of the victim or other serious consequences, 181.3.1 (burglary by organized group), 181.3.2 (burglary with a view to occupy large size of property), 182.3.1 (extortion by organized group), 182.3.2 (extortion with a purpose of occupying large size of property), 302.2 (Infringement of the legislation on operative - search activity committed with use of special means, intended for secret dredging the information), 308.2 (abusing official powers) 309.2 (excess of official powers committed with application of violence or with threat of its application, or with application of weapon or other special means, or entailed heavy consequences), 311.3.1 (reception of a bribe on preliminary arrangement by group of persons or organized group), 311.3.2 (repeated reception of a bribe), 311.3.3 (reception of a bribe in the large amount) of the Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 16.03.2018Six people killed in car crash on Aghsu-Kurdamir highway
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan puts gang member accused of killing hostage on Interpol wanted list
- 16.03.2018Criminal case against ex-chairman of management board of Azerbaijani bank sent to court
- 15.03.2018Trial resumed for ex-employees of Azerbaijani National Security Ministry
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service reveals gang engaged in illegal human organ trade
- 14.03.2018Cyber-swindler detained in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Five Azerbaijani families may be evicted from their homes in Tbilisi
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani Coast Guard rescues fishermen from stormy sea
- 12.03.2018Iranian citizens detained in Baku over smuggling of drugs
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling attempt
- 12.03.2018Fishermen rescued from sea in adverse weather
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan detains four foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 09.03.2018Two Azerbaijani citizens detained in Kiev
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two Iranians for maritime trespassing
- 07.03.2018Members of extremist religious group eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018Russian citizen suspected of murder detained at Azerbaijani-Georgian border
- 06.03.2018Quake hits Caspian Sea
- 06.03.2018Fire at Baku drug rehab center was arson, one arrested
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office releases information on death of 6 family members in Sumgayit
- 05.03.2018Six family members die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2018Hotline created in connection with Drug Rehab Center fire in Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2018Testimony by AzTV chairman during preliminary investigation made public
- 02.03.2018Famous Azerbaijani journalist dies from carbon monoxide poisoning
- 02.03.2018Azerbaijan sets up State Commission in connection with Drug Rehab Center fire
- 02.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev instructs to investigate causes of fire in drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.201825 people killed in fire outbreak in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.201843 fire engines involved in extinguishing fire in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.2018Fire outbreak in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center kills 24 people - UPDATED
- 02.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives at Drug Abuse Treatment Center after fire outbreak
- 02.03.2018Azerbaijani officials arrive at Baku Drug Abuse Treatment Center after fire outbreak
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal cases against some construction companies for labor law violations
- 01.03.2018Two persons accused of theft in apartment of building constructed for journalists in Baku detained
- 01.03.2018Supreme Court rejects appeal of Taleh Baghirov and others
- 01.03.2018Armed gang members detained in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan
- 28.02.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: Search continues for crew member of Iranian cargo ship
- 28.02.201830 years pass since Sumgayit events
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijan: Criminal cases against some people accused of spying for Armenia sent to court
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling via Caspian Sea
- 26.02.2018Armed man detained on territory of Baku port
- 26.02.2018Azerbaijan’s helicopter, two ships involved in search for Iranian sailor missing in Caspian Sea
- 03.10.2017Baku Appellate Court considers appeal filed against verdict on Vidadi Zeynalov
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian tourists trapped in Shamakhi mountains rescued - UPDATED-3
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian citizens rescued after being trapped in Shamakhi mountains identified
- 02.10.2017Four Azerbaijanis die in Ukraine hostel fire
- 27.09.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for time to prepare for final statement
- 27.09.2017Hijab problem arises in Azerbaijani school in Georgia