Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
The Baku Military Court continued on Thursday the trial in the case involving head of the Anti-Terrorism Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan, Major-General Elchin Guliyev and another former MNS official Azer Mehdiyev.
The study of documents began at the trial presided over by judge Elbey Allahverdiyev. A number of documents were read out.
Then the victim, Matlab Mustafayev, made a speech at the trial.
“Elchin Guliyev said in his testimony that minister Eldar Mahmudov followed the distribution of $120,000 received from Maqsud Mahmudov. He said that Eldar Mahmudov instructed them to take money from the rich in business, where they are curators,” said Mustafayev.
Mustafayev asked to court to summon Eldar Mahmudov to the court to investigate this episode.
The judge said that such issues will be considered at next trials.
Then, Alakbar Heydarov, former deputy head of the Khazar district executive authority, made a speech at the trial, noting that the ministry did not have any operational information on him,
"If there is no operational information about me, how did they call me there?" he said.
Elchin Guliyev, in turn, said that there was operational information about Alakbar Heydarov.
Sahib Gurbanov, who is recognized as the victim in the case, petitioned for the summons to the court of the former head of the ministry’s department in Khazar district, Rafig Safarov, and operative Eldar Hajiyev. Gurbanov also asked the court to clarify the issue of who was given the cigarettes he had received.
The court upheld the petitions.
Major General Elchin Guliyev is former chief of the Anti-Terrorist Center of the liquidatedMinistry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan. Following the scandals surrounding the MNS, Elchin Guliyev was dismissed and appointed department head at the MNS Academy named after Heydar Aliyev. He was then arrested.
Elchin Guliyev and the others face the charges under the Articles 145.3 (illegal imprisonment on negligence ended with death of the victim or other serious consequences, 181.3.1 (burglary by organized group), 181.3.2 (burglary with a view to occupy large size of property), 182.3.1 (extortion by organized group), 182.3.2 (extortion with a purpose of occupying large size of property), 302.2 (Infringement of the legislation on operative - search activity committed with use of special means, intended for secret dredging the information), 308.2 (abusing official powers) 309.2 (excess of official powers committed with application of violence or with threat of its application, or with application of weapon or other special means, or entailed heavy consequences), 311.3.1 (reception of a bribe on preliminary arrangement by group of persons or organized group), 311.3.2 (repeated reception of a bribe), 311.3.3 (reception of a bribe in the large amount) of the Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Necessary measures being taken to release Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians: Bar Association
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani police neutralize 47 groups accused of committing grave crimes in H1 2018
- 14.07.2018Three more people arrested in Azerbaijan over Ganja events
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijan’s interior minister convenes board meeting
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan arrests 3, opens 21 criminal cases over open terrorist calls
- 13.07.201811 active participants of Ganja events detained, one liquated
- 12.07.2018Nine arrested over events in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 11.07.2018Three people drown in Caspian Sea
- 11.07.2018Suspect in murder of police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja detained
- 11.07.2018Police officers killed in Ganja showed loyalty to state – deputy interior minister
- 11.07.2018Fire breaks out in Azerbaijan forest belt
- 11.07.2018Police officers martyred in Ganja events laid to rest - UPDATED
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan launches manhunt for two suspects in Ganja events
- 10.07.2018State Security Service: Over 1,000 Azerbaijanis went to Syrian conflict zone
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case against provocative calls on social networks
- 07.07.2018Fire that broke out in Yardimli mountains contained
- 06.07.2018Three people drown in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Yunis Safarov is radical-minded person, say relatives
- 06.07.2018Reps of Azerbaijan Anti-Torture Committee meets Yunis Safarov
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement authorities issue joint statement on armed attack on Ganja city mayor
- 05.07.2018Ministry: Fire in territory of Azerbaijan Thermal Power Plant extinguished - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol’s wanted list for fighting against NATO forces
- 04.07.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov visits Mingachevir
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijan sets up commission to investigate cross country power failure
- 03.07.2018Deputy PM and Azerenergy chairman visit Mingachevir
- 02.07.2018Over 2,000 crimes are solved in Azerbaijan every year – interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan hit by another earthquake
- 29.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s north
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijani faces terrorist propaganda charge in Georgia for anti-Armenian Facebook post
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 03.10.2017Baku Appellate Court considers appeal filed against verdict on Vidadi Zeynalov
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian tourists trapped in Shamakhi mountains rescued - UPDATED-3
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian citizens rescued after being trapped in Shamakhi mountains identified
- 02.10.2017Four Azerbaijanis die in Ukraine hostel fire
- 27.09.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for time to prepare for final statement
- 27.09.2017Hijab problem arises in Azerbaijani school in Georgia