Taleh Baghirov sentenced to 20 years in prison
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes has completed the trial in the criminal case involving Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others arrested alongside them.
Under the court judgment, Taleh Baghirov was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Earlier, a public prosecutor had asked the court to sentence Taleh Baghirov to life in prison.
Under the court judgment, other defendants – Abbas Huseyn was sentenced to 20 years and Fuad Gahramanli to 10 years in prison.
Jabbar Jabbarov was sentenced to 19 years in prison, Rasim Jabrayilov to 17 years, Shamil Abdulaliyev, Zakir Mustafayev, Jahad Babakishizade, Abbas Guliyev, Ibrahim Khudaverdiyev, Etibar Ismayilov, Bahruz Guliyev, Ali Nuriyev, Alibala Valiyev, Farhad Balayev, and Abbas Taghiyev each to 14 years and 6 months, and Ramin Yariyev and Agil Guliyev each to 10 years.
Taleh Baghirov and Abbas Huseynov will serve 7 years of their sentence in a maximum security prison.
Taleh Bagirov is charged under paragraphs 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 of article 120 (premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3, 29,120.2.4, 29,120.2.7, 29,120.2.12 29,120 of article 29,120 (attempt to murder), under articles 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms) and 228.4 (illegal possession of firearms).
Taleh Bagirov and 60 more people were detained in a special operation conducted by law-enforcement authoritries in Baku’s Nardaran settlement on November 26, 2015.
Deputy chairman of Azerbaijan Popular Front Party (APFP) Fuad Gahramanli was arrested on December 8, 2015.
He was brought to justice as a suspect under the Article 281.1 (public calls against the state), 283.2 (incitement of national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence) and 220.2 (appeals to active insubordination to legal requirements of representatives of authority and to mass disorders, as well as appeals to violence above citizens) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime
- 24.04.2017Former MNS general to stand trial this week
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 20.04.201738 criminal groups rendered harmless in Baku in 1Q 2017
- 19.04.2017Preliminary investigation into case of APFP chairman’s assistant completed
- 19.04.2017Judicial investigation into criminal case of Azerbaijan’s ex-heath minister completed
- 19.04.2017Baku Court of Appeal begins trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 19.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed due to absence of judge
- 19.04.2017Moscow police detain Azerbaijani man suspected of opening fire on his compatriot’s car
- 18.04.2017162 dead in road accidents in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 17.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Man killed in horrific car crash in Baku turns out to be a victim in Akif Chovdarov’s case
- 17.04.2017Illegal firearm and ammunition seized from Barda resident’s house
- 14.04.2017Fire occurs in Baby House, 18 babies rescued
- 14.04.2017Three people killed in car crash in Baku identified - UPDATED
- 13.04.2017Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov arrested on drug charges in Azerbaijan standing trial
- 12.04.2017Criminal case opened over building collapse in Baku
- 12.04.2017Two dead, four injured after building collapses in Baku - UPDATED
- 12.04.2017Truck carrying medications worth €170,000 from Austria to Azerbaijan hijacked in Ukraine
- 12.04.2017Haji Javad mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky unregistered – deputy police chief
- 09.04.2017Another body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 08.04.2017Azerbaijani customs officers prevent illegal import of a statue of historical significance
- 08.04.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 07.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 07.04.2017Prison term of former MNS general and others extended
- 07.04.2017Elnur Huseynzade's pretrial detention extended
- 06.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Baku police detain man suspected of stealing metal fences, crosses from cemetery
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 04.04.2017Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three
- 30.03.2017Interior Ministry: Mass destruction of graves in Baku Christian cemetery out of the question
- 30.03.2017One of three Azerbaijanis arrested in Libya on smuggling charges dies
- 26.01.2017Psychotherapist Dayanat Rzayev commits suicide - UPDATED
- 27.01.2017Company director gets 8 years over deadly high-rise fire in Baku
- 27.01.2017Donald Trump ready to lift anti-Russian sanctions
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling
- 25.01.2017Ex-police officer commits suicide in Baku
- 24.01.2017Safe containing cash stolen from non-bank credit organization’s office in Azerbaijan