Supreme Court rejects appeal of Taleh Baghirov and others
The Supreme Court has completed the hearing on the cassation appeal against the court decision regarding imprisoned leader of the Muslim Unity movement Taleh Baghirov, deputy chairman of Azerbaijan Popular Front Party (APFP" style="line-height: 1.6em;">APFP) Fuad Gahramanli and others, APA reported.
At the hearing, held under the chairmanship of Judge Shahin Yusifov, the court rejected the appeal.
Under the decision of the Baku Court of Grave Crimes, Taleh Baghirov was sentenced to 20 years, Abbas Huseynov to 20 years and Fuad Gahramanli to 10 years in prison.
Jabbar Jabbarov was sentenced to 19 years in prison, Rasim Jabrayil">Jabrayilov to 17 years, Shamil Abdulaliyev, Zakir Mustafayev, Jahad Babakishizade, Abbas Guliyev, Ibrahim Khudaverdiyev, Etibar Ismayilov, Bahruz Guliyev, Ali Nuriyev, Alibala Valiyev, Farhad Balayev, and Abbas Taghiyev each to 14 years and 6 months, and Ramin Yariyev and Agil Guliyev each to 10 years.
Taleh Baghirov and Abbas Huseynov will serve 7 years of their sentence in a maximum security prison.
Taleh Bagirov and 60 more people were detained in a special operation conducted by law-enforcement authorities in Baku’s Nardaran settlement on November 26, 2015.
They were sentenced under several articles of the Criminal Code. Two police officers, 4 villagers were killed during the operation.
Related news releases
- 20.03.2018Bulgarian and Azerbaijani citizens die in car crash in Goygol
- 20.03.2018Car crashes into tree, 2 dead and 3 injured
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes 44 foreigners for drug trafficking in 2017
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two suspected drug smugglers
- 19.03.2018Baku police seize nearly 36 kg of drugs in two days
- 16.03.2018Six people killed in car crash on Aghsu-Kurdamir highway
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan puts gang member accused of killing hostage on Interpol wanted list
- 16.03.2018Criminal case against ex-chairman of management board of Azerbaijani bank sent to court
- 15.03.2018Trial resumed for ex-employees of Azerbaijani National Security Ministry
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service reveals gang engaged in illegal human organ trade
- 14.03.2018Cyber-swindler detained in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Five Azerbaijani families may be evicted from their homes in Tbilisi
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani Coast Guard rescues fishermen from stormy sea
- 12.03.2018Iranian citizens detained in Baku over smuggling of drugs
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling attempt
- 12.03.2018Fishermen rescued from sea in adverse weather
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan detains four foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 09.03.2018Two Azerbaijani citizens detained in Kiev
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two Iranians for maritime trespassing
- 07.03.2018Members of extremist religious group eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018Russian citizen suspected of murder detained at Azerbaijani-Georgian border
- 06.03.2018Quake hits Caspian Sea
- 06.03.2018Fire at Baku drug rehab center was arson, one arrested
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office releases information on death of 6 family members in Sumgayit
- 05.03.2018Six family members die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2018Hotline created in connection with Drug Rehab Center fire in Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2018Testimony by AzTV chairman during preliminary investigation made public
- 02.03.2018Famous Azerbaijani journalist dies from carbon monoxide poisoning
- 02.03.2018Azerbaijan sets up State Commission in connection with Drug Rehab Center fire
- 02.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev instructs to investigate causes of fire in drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.201825 people killed in fire outbreak in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.201843 fire engines involved in extinguishing fire in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.2018Fire outbreak in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center kills 24 people - UPDATED
- 02.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives at Drug Abuse Treatment Center after fire outbreak
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijan: Criminal cases against some people accused of spying for Armenia sent to court
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling via Caspian Sea
- 26.02.2018Armed man detained on territory of Baku port
- 26.02.2018Azerbaijan’s helicopter, two ships involved in search for Iranian sailor missing in Caspian Sea
- 22.02.2018Supreme Court commences hearing on appeal of Taleh Baghirov and others
- 22.02.2018Investigator: Eduard Grigoryan, arrested for Sumgayit events, handed over to Armenia in 1991
- 01.03.2018Two persons accused of theft in apartment of building constructed for journalists in Baku detained
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal cases against some construction companies for labor law violations
- 02.03.2018Azerbaijani officials arrive at Baku Drug Abuse Treatment Center after fire outbreak
- 01.03.2018Armed gang members detained in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan
- 28.02.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: Search continues for crew member of Iranian cargo ship
- 28.02.201830 years pass since Sumgayit events