Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office initiates criminal case against two escaped convicts - UPDATED-2
The Investigative Department on Grave Crimes under the Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office has initiated a criminal case under Articles 304.2 (runaway from a place of imprisonment, from place of arrest or from place of guard) and 308.2 (abusing official powers) against the two convicts who escaped from a special purpose train carriage running on the Baku-Astara-Baku railroad.
The search for the two convicts is ongoing.
Two previously-convicted persons – Etibar Mammadov (1980) and Ali Rasim Aghami (1989), who are charged under several articles of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan, have escaped from a special purpose train carriage running on the Baku-Astara-Baku planned railroad, the Justice Ministry’s Penitentiary Service told APA.
The local police have been notified about the escapers.
The Investigative Department on Grave Crimes under the Prosecutor General’s Office has initiated a criminal case.
A manhunt is underway for the escaped prisoners.
The identities of the prisoners, who managed to escape while being taken from Shirvan to Baku by train, have been established.
The escaped prisoners are Etibar Alakbar (born in 1980) and Ali Rasim Aghami (born in 1989), law enforcement authorities told APA.
Mammadov is charged under Article 234.4.3 (sale of narcotic drugs in large amount) and Aghami under Article 120 (deliberate murder committed for hooligan reasons) and 228 (illegal possession of firearms) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
Some of the prisoners who were taken from Shirvan to Baku by train have managed to escape, APA has learned.
They are believed to have escaped when the train stooped at Bilajari station.
A manhunt is underway for the escaped prisoners.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Supreme Court commences hearing on appeal of Taleh Baghirov and others
- 22.02.2018Investigator: Eduard Grigoryan, arrested for Sumgayit events, handed over to Armenia in 1991
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan: USSR Prosecutor General's Office did not investigate Sumgayit events objectively
- 22.02.2018Sumgayit events masterminded by Armenians and foreign special services, investigator says
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan: Investigation proves Sumgayit events committed by Armenian separatist forces
- 21.02.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan’s Guba continues
- 21.02.2018Baku Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case after landslide on Bayil slope
- 21.02.2018Court denies appeal filed by Giyas Ibraimov and his father
- 20.02.2018One of Azerbaijanis injured in Russia apartment fire dies
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek, Kyrgyz citizens for attempting to illegally cross border with Iran
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Azerbaijani women sentenced to life in prison for collaborating with ISIL
- 19.02.2018Fire breaks out in former Azerbaijani transport minister’s house
- 19.02.2018Chairman of the State Committee for City Building and Architecture of Azerbaijan dies
- 17.02.2018Man detained for pretending to be Security Service official
- 17.02.2018Suspect in murder of woman whose body was found chopped into pieces in Baku detained
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09.02.2018Criminal gang leader declared wanted by Azerbaijan 20 years ago detained in Moscow
- 09.02.2018Illegal migrants detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Violations revealed in work of 24 municipalities in Azerbaijan last year
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted by Russia killed in Mosul
- 03.02.2018Five poisoned by smoke in fire at residential building in Baku
- 01.02.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on charges of joining illegal armed groups
- 01.02.2018Baku woman steals $58,000 from her own home
- 31.01.2018UXOs found in Goranboy
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek citizens over attempt to illegally cross border with Iran
- 29.01.20183 Arabs detained in Azerbaijan for illegal hunting
- 29.01.2018Above 300 Azerbaijanis reportedly killed in battles in Syria, Iraq – State Committee
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: Prosecuting authorities are successfully fulfilling president’s task on humanization of punishment policy
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: 418 unsolved crimes have been solved
- 27.01.2018Azerbaijani MES issues statement on fire outbreak incident in Baku
- 26.01.2018ANAMA finds 20 UXOs in Aghstafa
- 26.01.2018Georgia initiates criminal prosecution against Azerbaijani transplant surgeon
- 26.01.2018Baku police kill man who showed armed resistance
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani MES reveals number of emergency situations in 2017
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani citizen gets 21 years in prison for murdering two in Russia
- 24.10.2017Lotu Guli released
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani businessman murdered in Russia
- 23.10.2017Woman attempts to break into Azerbaijani embassy in Moscow
- 23.10.2017Inmate dies of illness in Azerbaijan
- 19.10.2017Car belonging to EU Delegation in Azerbaijan crashes in Baku