Meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fire in Azerbaijan's Gabala
An operational meeting was held on Monday at the headquarters set up to tackle a forest fire that broke out in Dandikh village of Azerbaijan's Gabala district.
The meeting was attended by Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, ministry's senior officials, head of the Gabala District Executive Authority, and representatives of the relevant state bodies and district's law enforcement agencies, the ministry told APA.
Addressing the meeting, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant General Etibar Mirzoyev, who is heading the specially-created headquarters, said that firefighting efforts are underway in three directions - forest areas near the villages of Solguja, Abrikh and Dandikh. As a result of the measures taken, the fire was brought under control. To extinguish the fire in the forest area of the mountain near the village of Abrikh, a 9-kilometer-long road leading to the apex was constructed, and the delivery of equipment to the scene of the accident was ensured. All necessary measures are being taken to prevent the fire from spreading to surrounding villages and settlements. Firefighting vehicles are constantly on duty in the area.
Mirzoyev said that a total of 520 personnel, 36 units of equipment and one helicopter from the Emergency Situations Ministry’s State Fire Protection Service, as well as forces of the Civil Defense Troops, Special Risks Rescue Service, Aviation Team and the North-West Regional Center are involved in firefighting efforts.
Moreover, 200 firefighters of the Forestry Department of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, 19 different types of equipment of the Gabala District Executive Authority, 30 police officers, two ambulances and volunteers from nearby settlements are involved in firefighting efforts.
At the end of the operational meeting, Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov gave appropriate instructions for an early extinguishing of the fire. Also, the minister ordered to increase the number of ministry personnel to 630 and units of equipment to 51.
At the same time, the minister urged local law enforcement agencies to take the necessary measures to investigate the causes of the fire.
- 20.09.2017Court gives Akif Chovdarov time for final statement
- 19.09.2017Ten people suffer minor smoke inhalation after fire at warehouse of cosmetics factory in Baku
- 18.09.2017Akif Chovdarov's lawyer makes speech at trial
- 16.09.2017Tofig Zulfugarov: ‘I have been involved in the investigation on this traffic accident as a witness’
- 15.09.2017Human rights defenders issue statement on release of a group of persons
- 15.09.2017Son of Baku City Main Police Department spokesman arrested over fatal road accident
- 15.09.2017APFP chairman’s assistant released from prison
- 14.09.2017Another four people arrested over Nardaran events released
- 13.09.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother arrives in Baku
- 12.09.2017Lapshin’s mother to arrive in Baku, blogger to be sent to Israel in coming days
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani citizen killed in Tbilisi
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev pardons Alexander Lapshin
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan detained 47 trespassers last month
- 11.09.2017Moldovan embassy car crashes in Baku
- 31.08.2017Fire localized in Georgia’s Abastumani, Azerbaijan actively involved in ops
- 31.08.2017Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Oghuz
- 31.08.2017Consul: Mother of Azerbaijani athlete killed in road accident in Lebanon will fly to Beirut
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter joins operation to extinguish forest fires in Georgia
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan again sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 29.08.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 29.08.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security during Eid al-Adha holidays
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighting and rescue forces return home from Georgia
- 28.08.2017Last victim of weapons storage fire in Azerbaijan discharged from hospital
- 28.08.2017Suspected terrorist eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 27.08.2017Fire at military unit of Defense Ministry localized and prevented from spreading
- 27.08.2017Special commission set up under Azerbaijani president's instructions to determine cause of fire at weapons storage
- 27.08.2017Immediate measures are being taken at the scene of the incident
- 27.08.2017Fire breaks out at weapons storage in Azerbaijan
- 26.08.2017Prime Minister of Georgia met with helicopter crew of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan
- 25.08.2017Two killed as car hits pedestrians in Tovuz
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situations issues statement on fire-fighting ops in Georgia
- 25.08.2017Mehman Aliyev sentenced to 3-month pretrial detention - UPDATED
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighters extinguish fire in area of 4ha in Georgia
- 24.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighting team manage to extinguish fire in large area in Georgia
- 23.08.2017Interior Ministry, Prosecutor General’s Office issue statement on incident that killed three in Lerik
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijani firefighters continue to battle forest fires in Georgia
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijan sends additional fire-fighting vehicles and personnel to Georgia
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijan wraps up search and rescue operation for missing oilmen
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in efforts to tackle forest fires in Georgia - UPDATED
- 22.08.2017Three killed in house fire in Azerbaijan’s Lerik
- 05.09.2017Fire in territory of Shahdag National Park extinguished
- 05.09.2017Forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala fully brought under control
- 07.09.2017Another meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 04.09.2017Forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala brought under control
- 04.09.2017Efforts underway to extinguish forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 01.09.2017MENR chooses emergency mode as fires continue in Gabala