Meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fire in Azerbaijan's Gabala
An operational meeting was held on Monday at the headquarters set up to tackle a forest fire that broke out in Dandikh village of Azerbaijan's Gabala district.
The meeting was attended by Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, ministry's senior officials, head of the Gabala District Executive Authority, and representatives of the relevant state bodies and district's law enforcement agencies, the ministry told APA.
Addressing the meeting, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant General Etibar Mirzoyev, who is heading the specially-created headquarters, said that firefighting efforts are underway in three directions - forest areas near the villages of Solguja, Abrikh and Dandikh. As a result of the measures taken, the fire was brought under control. To extinguish the fire in the forest area of the mountain near the village of Abrikh, a 9-kilometer-long road leading to the apex was constructed, and the delivery of equipment to the scene of the accident was ensured. All necessary measures are being taken to prevent the fire from spreading to surrounding villages and settlements. Firefighting vehicles are constantly on duty in the area.
Mirzoyev said that a total of 520 personnel, 36 units of equipment and one helicopter from the Emergency Situations Ministry’s State Fire Protection Service, as well as forces of the Civil Defense Troops, Special Risks Rescue Service, Aviation Team and the North-West Regional Center are involved in firefighting efforts.
Moreover, 200 firefighters of the Forestry Department of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, 19 different types of equipment of the Gabala District Executive Authority, 30 police officers, two ambulances and volunteers from nearby settlements are involved in firefighting efforts.
At the end of the operational meeting, Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov gave appropriate instructions for an early extinguishing of the fire. Also, the minister ordered to increase the number of ministry personnel to 630 and units of equipment to 51.
At the same time, the minister urged local law enforcement agencies to take the necessary measures to investigate the causes of the fire.
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 30.05.2018Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED
- 05.09.2017Fire in territory of Shahdag National Park extinguished
- 05.09.2017Forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala fully brought under control
- 07.09.2017Another meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 04.09.2017Forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala brought under control
- 04.09.2017Efforts underway to extinguish forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 01.09.2017MENR chooses emergency mode as fires continue in Gabala