Meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fire in Azerbaijan's Gabala
An operational meeting was held on Monday at the headquarters set up to tackle a forest fire that broke out in Dandikh village of Azerbaijan's Gabala district.
The meeting was attended by Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, ministry's senior officials, head of the Gabala District Executive Authority, and representatives of the relevant state bodies and district's law enforcement agencies, the ministry told APA.
Addressing the meeting, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant General Etibar Mirzoyev, who is heading the specially-created headquarters, said that firefighting efforts are underway in three directions - forest areas near the villages of Solguja, Abrikh and Dandikh. As a result of the measures taken, the fire was brought under control. To extinguish the fire in the forest area of the mountain near the village of Abrikh, a 9-kilometer-long road leading to the apex was constructed, and the delivery of equipment to the scene of the accident was ensured. All necessary measures are being taken to prevent the fire from spreading to surrounding villages and settlements. Firefighting vehicles are constantly on duty in the area.
Mirzoyev said that a total of 520 personnel, 36 units of equipment and one helicopter from the Emergency Situations Ministry’s State Fire Protection Service, as well as forces of the Civil Defense Troops, Special Risks Rescue Service, Aviation Team and the North-West Regional Center are involved in firefighting efforts.
Moreover, 200 firefighters of the Forestry Department of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, 19 different types of equipment of the Gabala District Executive Authority, 30 police officers, two ambulances and volunteers from nearby settlements are involved in firefighting efforts.
At the end of the operational meeting, Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov gave appropriate instructions for an early extinguishing of the fire. Also, the minister ordered to increase the number of ministry personnel to 630 and units of equipment to 51.
At the same time, the minister urged local law enforcement agencies to take the necessary measures to investigate the causes of the fire.
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 18.11.2017Quake jolts Azerbaijan’s south
- 17.11.2017Landslide in Baku, worker trapped under mud rescued - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Preliminary information on earthquake reveals no casualty - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijani regions - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017General Prosecutor's Office: Stones were thrown at a bus in Sumgayit
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen murders his fellow countryman in Moscow, confirm law enforcement
- 13.11.2017Two embassy cars collide in Baku
- 13.11.2017Prosecutor seeks 15-year jail sentence for ex-official of MNS
- 13.11.2017Kidnappers detained in Azerbaijan
- 11.11.2017Armenian-made landmine found in Aghdam
- 11.11.2017Man who left his sister with Iranian drug dealers as pledge gets arrested attempting to enter Azerbaijan with a large amount of narcotics
- 11.11.2017Two fishermen go missing in Caspian
- 11.11.2017MES: During fire in residential building 15 rescued and 20 evacuated
- 10.11.2017Fire breaks out in apartment building in Baku
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan’s former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov questioned again
- 10.11.2017Fire in Baku business center extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Police raid car showrooms owned by Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 07.11.2017Vugar Mahmudov fails to file appeal against court decision
- 04.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen suspected of treason detained
- 02.11.2017Two Azerbaijanis who killed a man suspected of involvement in Rovshan Lankaransky’s murder detained Russia
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on special op to catch second escaped convict
- 02.11.2017Criminal case against Turan News Agency and Mehman Aliyev terminated
- 01.11.2017Recent prisoner escape discussed at Azerbaijani Justice Ministry’s collegium meeting
- 31.10.2017Employees of Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service arrested over prisoner escape face additional charge
- 30.10.2017Akif Chovdarov and others' property worth AZN 33M to be confiscated
- 30.10.2017Court to send appeal to Azerbaijani president to strip Akif Chovdarov of general rank
- 30.10.2017Ex-official of Azerbaijan’s national security ministry jailed for 12 years - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani singer arrested for helping prisoners escape
- 30.10.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia
- 27.10.2017Baku City Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case over sale of prohibited medicines in unlicensed pharmacy
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 26.10.2017Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
- 25.10.2017Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service seizes over $71,000 from currency smugglers
- 05.09.2017Fire in territory of Shahdag National Park extinguished
- 05.09.2017Forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala fully brought under control
- 07.09.2017Another meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 04.09.2017Forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala brought under control
- 04.09.2017Efforts underway to extinguish forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 01.09.2017MENR chooses emergency mode as fires continue in Gabala