Meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fire in Azerbaijan's Gabala
An operational meeting was held on Monday at the headquarters set up to tackle a forest fire that broke out in Dandikh village of Azerbaijan's Gabala district.
The meeting was attended by Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, ministry's senior officials, head of the Gabala District Executive Authority, and representatives of the relevant state bodies and district's law enforcement agencies, the ministry told APA.
Addressing the meeting, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant General Etibar Mirzoyev, who is heading the specially-created headquarters, said that firefighting efforts are underway in three directions - forest areas near the villages of Solguja, Abrikh and Dandikh. As a result of the measures taken, the fire was brought under control. To extinguish the fire in the forest area of the mountain near the village of Abrikh, a 9-kilometer-long road leading to the apex was constructed, and the delivery of equipment to the scene of the accident was ensured. All necessary measures are being taken to prevent the fire from spreading to surrounding villages and settlements. Firefighting vehicles are constantly on duty in the area.
Mirzoyev said that a total of 520 personnel, 36 units of equipment and one helicopter from the Emergency Situations Ministry’s State Fire Protection Service, as well as forces of the Civil Defense Troops, Special Risks Rescue Service, Aviation Team and the North-West Regional Center are involved in firefighting efforts.
Moreover, 200 firefighters of the Forestry Department of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, 19 different types of equipment of the Gabala District Executive Authority, 30 police officers, two ambulances and volunteers from nearby settlements are involved in firefighting efforts.
At the end of the operational meeting, Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov gave appropriate instructions for an early extinguishing of the fire. Also, the minister ordered to increase the number of ministry personnel to 630 and units of equipment to 51.
At the same time, the minister urged local law enforcement agencies to take the necessary measures to investigate the causes of the fire.
- 20.02.2018One of Azerbaijanis injured in Russia apartment fire dies
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek, Kyrgyz citizens for attempting to illegally cross border with Iran
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Azerbaijani women sentenced to life in prison for collaborating with ISIL
- 19.02.2018Fire breaks out in former Azerbaijani transport minister’s house
- 19.02.2018Chairman of the State Committee for City Building and Architecture of Azerbaijan dies
- 17.02.2018Man detained for pretending to be Security Service official
- 17.02.2018Suspect in murder of woman whose body was found chopped into pieces in Baku detained
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09.02.2018Criminal gang leader declared wanted by Azerbaijan 20 years ago detained in Moscow
- 09.02.2018Illegal migrants detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Violations revealed in work of 24 municipalities in Azerbaijan last year
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted by Russia killed in Mosul
- 03.02.2018Five poisoned by smoke in fire at residential building in Baku
- 01.02.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on charges of joining illegal armed groups
- 01.02.2018Baku woman steals $58,000 from her own home
- 31.01.2018UXOs found in Goranboy
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek citizens over attempt to illegally cross border with Iran
- 29.01.20183 Arabs detained in Azerbaijan for illegal hunting
- 29.01.2018Above 300 Azerbaijanis reportedly killed in battles in Syria, Iraq – State Committee
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: Prosecuting authorities are successfully fulfilling president’s task on humanization of punishment policy
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: 418 unsolved crimes have been solved
- 27.01.2018Azerbaijani MES issues statement on fire outbreak incident in Baku
- 26.01.2018ANAMA finds 20 UXOs in Aghstafa
- 26.01.2018Georgia initiates criminal prosecution against Azerbaijani transplant surgeon
- 26.01.2018Baku police kill man who showed armed resistance
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani MES reveals number of emergency situations in 2017
- 25.01.2018Names of Azerbaijanis aboard missing vessel in Sea of Japan revealed - UPDATED
- 25.01.2018Turkish businessman’s house robbed in Baku
- 24.01.2018Five dismissed from prosecuting authorities in Baku
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani MES to hold firefighting training
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Pakistani, Indian nationals accused of organizing illegal migration channel
- 22.01.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan continues
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service exposes big network engaged in currency smuggling
- 20.01.2018Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani border village
- 05.09.2017Fire in territory of Shahdag National Park extinguished
- 05.09.2017Forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala fully brought under control
- 07.09.2017Another meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 04.09.2017Forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala brought under control
- 04.09.2017Efforts underway to extinguish forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 01.09.2017MENR chooses emergency mode as fires continue in Gabala