Nearly 93% of murders in Baku solved – police chief
Chief of the Baku City Main Police Office, police Major General Mirgafar Seyidov said on Thursday that 92.9 percent of the murders committed in Baku last year were solved.
Compared to the previous year, grave and particularly grave crimes reduced by 6 percent, murders by 4.8 percent, robberies by 10 percent, frauds by 3.4 percent, hijackings by 6.3 percent and hooliganism by 12.2 percent, the police chief said at a board meeting summarizing the results of the wok done in 2017, APA reported.
He noted that 80 percent of crimes, 78.7 percent of grave crimes, 69.7 percent of crimes committed under unknown circumstances, 94.4 percent of crimes against personality, 92.9 percent of murders, 96.9 percent of murder attempts, 90.2 percent of deliberate damage to health, and 80 percent of kidnappings were solved.
Stressing the importance of modern technologies in the prevention and solution of crimes, the police chief said that the operators of the Safe City Service of the Baku City Main Police Office revealed 5,301 incidents and 316 crimes were solved with the help of the archive records of cameras.
He went on to say that 73.7 percent of the people wanted as suspects and 55.1 percent of those wanted on charges of grave and particularly grave crimes were captured last year.
M. Seyidov said that over 272 kilograms of drugs were seized during the reporting period.
The police chief also underlined a decrease in the number of road accidents recorded in the capital last year.
“In comparison to 2016, the number of road accidents recorded in Baku decreased by 5.6 percent and the number of injured – by 20 percent,” he added.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Two dead bodies found on boat in Caspian Sea – ministry - UPDATED-1
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service, Financial Market Supervisory Authority conduct join operation
- 21.05.2018Baku café explosion: Two dead, two injured - UPDATED-2
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani citizen buried in cemetery of the nameless after committing suicide in Turkey
- 21.05.2018$30,000 and jewelry items worth AZN 100,000 stolen from home in Baku
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan detains Iranian national for attempting to smuggle 10 Scottish Fold kittens to Iran
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan's Pardon Issues Commission considers about 1,100 appeals - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains two over sale of fake excise stamps
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake visas
- 16.05.2018Bodies of all three missing Azerbaijani mountaineers found - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Two houses destroyed after landslide hits Bayil slope in Baku
- 14.05.2018Missile discovered in Goranboy forest
- 08.05.2018Fire in house kills husband and wife in Masalli
- 07.05.2018Baku court commences trial of Moldova citizen accused of stealing about AZN1.5 million from Azerbaijani bank
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan reveals organized group engaged in illicit medicines trade
- 04.05.2018Baku drug rehab center director arrested over 2 March fire accident
- 03.05.20182 persons detained for demanding $50,000 from head of energy drink company in Azerbaijan
- 02.05.2018Remains of 6 Azerbaijanis killed in World War II found in Russia
- 02.05.2018Foreigners detained in Baku for attempting to exchange counterfeit money in bank
- 01.05.20181 killed, 6 injured in nasty traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijan detains five foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 28.04.2018No one was injured in fire in Baku high-rise – Deputy Minister - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED-5
- 28.04.2018Emergency Situations Ministry issues statement on Baku high-rise fire
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners for attempting to get to Europe on fake passports
- 26.04.2018Former Azerbaijani MP Huseyn Abdullayev faces additional charges
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards foil drug smuggling attempt
- 24.04.2018Details emerge of armed assault on Azerbaijani family in Georgia - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court upholds State Security Service’s AZN 1M lawsuit against liquidated MNS
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against ex-employees of liquidated national security ministry
- 23.04.2018State Security Service: Illegal religious complex revealed in Baku
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 16.04.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 13.04.2018Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 12.04.2018Five Sri Lanka citizens detained in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Man who brought illegal drugs worth $40,000 to Azerbaijan detained
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani border guards detain 373 wanted people
- 13.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official charged with embezzlement
- 14.01.2017Ex-Azerbaijani police officer charged with murder believed to be hiding in Budapest
- 12.01.2017Cargo ship on fire in Caspian Sea, helicopter involved in fire-fighting
- 12.01.2017Twelve more suspects in Nardaran incidents standing trial
- 11.01.2017Dispute erupts at trial of Azerbaijani security ministry’s ex-employees - UPDATED