Five killed in Baku minibus crash identified - UPDATED-3
The State Main Police Office has publicized the names of the five people killed in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway.
They are Guliyeva Chinara Azer qizi (1996), Nasibov Ibrahim Khaqani oglu (1996), Muradova Roza Eynulla qizi (1997), Guliyev Ibrahim Vugar oglu (1996), Janiyev Rashad Fuzuli oglu (1997).
All of them are said to have been students of Sumgayit State University.
Seventeen of those injured in the fatal minibus crash in Baku has been identified.
They are Orkhan Babayev, Mina Mirzayeva, Nijat Gojayev, Aytan Jafarova, Ogtay Asgarli, Khaver Farzaliyeva, Samir Taghiyev, Afsar Jabiyev, Baybala Manafov, Tarana Karimova, Elgiz Hasanov, Mahammad Mammadov, Aytan Guluzae, Ilaha Bakhishov, Abbas Amani, Elvin Aliyev, Aydan Mursalzade have been taken to Sumgayit city emergency hospital, APA has learned.
The number of victims in the fatal road accident on the Baku-Sumgayit highway has increased to five, Health Ministry spokesperson Liya Bayramova told APA.
Two of them died at the scene and the others at the hospital, according to the ministry spokesperson.
Seventeen injured were taken to Sumgait city emergency hospital. Two were provided aid at the scene. Most of them are in critical but stable condition.
Four more injured were taken to Clinic Medical Center. One died at the hospital, 2 are in critical condition and undergoing treatment in intensive care unit.
Among the dead, two were the students of Sumgayit State University.
Nasibov Ibrahim and Guliyev Ibrahim were the students of the 3rd course in the Faculty of Physics and Power Engineering.
Twenty-one people were injured in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning.
Of them, 17 were taken to the Sumgayit city emergency hospital. They are in critical but stable conditions, the hospital told APA.
The other four injured were placed in the Clinic Medical Center. One of them has already been discharged from the hospital as he received slight injures.
Two people died and ten more were injured after a passenger minibus crashed into a parked truck on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning, Azerbaijan.
The victims are said to have been students, APA has learned.
According to the initial information, the minibus, in order not to knock down the pedestrian crossing the road, made a maneuver, as a result of which it hit a barrier. However, after the investigation it became clear that the minibus crashed into a parked truck.
The accident caused a heavy traffic jam. Two ambulances were deployed to the scene.
- 24.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets mother
- 24.03.201710 died, 39 injured in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 23.03.2017Two detained in Baku on suspicion of hooligan acts against Iranian citizen
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijani man commits suicide after murdering mother
- 22.03.2017Road accident in Barda claims lives of two, other four injured
- 22.03.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified: Headquarters
- 22.03.2017Azerbaijani citizen wanted by Interpol for serious crime detained
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service prevents illegal distribution of ecstasy
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijani man, sentenced to life in 2007, gets sentence reduced
- 15.03.2017Metro station "28 May" is open to passengers after smoke prevented
- 15.03.2017Body recovered from Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman - UPDATED
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over death of five people from carbon monoxide poisoning
- 15.03.2017College director: Death of two of our students is a big tragedy
- 15.03.2017Victims identified in fatal carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security for Novruz celebrations
- 14.03.2017Three detained over murder of Azerbaijani poet’s son
- 14.03.2017Georgian police detain Azerbaijani citizen over keeping firearms
- 13.03.2017Another male corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 13.03.2017Former Azerbaijani police officer dies in prison
- 10.03.2017Grenade blasts in teahouse in Ismayilli, two injured
- 10.03.2017State Security Service eliminates firearm smugglers
- 10.03.2017Boat overturns in Caspian Sea, fishermen rescued by helicopter - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan detains three for attempting to smuggle large quantities of dollars and gold bullions
- 02.03.2017Body recovered from Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 28.02.2017Dead body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 28.02.2017Earthquake hits Armenia, tremors also felt in Azerbaijan
- 27.02.2017Akif Chovdrov’s trial continues Monday - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan arrests narcological dispensary chief physician on bribery charges
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan imposed AZN 85.4 mln fine for violation of traffic rules last year
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan punishes 330 police officers for offences
- 25.02.2017Police search for Ujar resident appropriating money of citizens for making fake visas
- 24.02.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens detained on charges of spying for foreign country
- 24.02.2017Police detain suspect in murder of two sisters in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 24.02.2017Alexander Lapshin meets new lawyer
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijani diaspora leader arrested in Russia
- 23.02.2017Family members killed in avalanche accident in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 22.02.2017Russian court pronounces verdict for Azerbaijanis accused of killing police colonel, his family members
- 22.02.2017Chovdarov’s attorneys submit to court news reports about victim
- 22.02.2017Three more inmates die in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2017One more Azerbaijani national killed in bus crash in Turkey’s Igdir identified - UPDATED-2
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan detained 37 trespassers in February
- 09.03.2017Criminal case initiated over fatal road accident in Baku
- 10.03.20177 killed, 24 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents in one day
- 04.03.2017Lapshin allowed to telephone his relatives
- 04.03.2017One more corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 03.03.2017Blogger Mehman Huseynov arrested in courtroom