Five killed in Baku minibus crash identified - UPDATED-3
The State Main Police Office has publicized the names of the five people killed in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway.
They are Guliyeva Chinara Azer qizi (1996), Nasibov Ibrahim Khaqani oglu (1996), Muradova Roza Eynulla qizi (1997), Guliyev Ibrahim Vugar oglu (1996), Janiyev Rashad Fuzuli oglu (1997).
All of them are said to have been students of Sumgayit State University.
Seventeen of those injured in the fatal minibus crash in Baku has been identified.
They are Orkhan Babayev, Mina Mirzayeva, Nijat Gojayev, Aytan Jafarova, Ogtay Asgarli, Khaver Farzaliyeva, Samir Taghiyev, Afsar Jabiyev, Baybala Manafov, Tarana Karimova, Elgiz Hasanov, Mahammad Mammadov, Aytan Guluzae, Ilaha Bakhishov, Abbas Amani, Elvin Aliyev, Aydan Mursalzade have been taken to Sumgayit city emergency hospital, APA has learned.
The number of victims in the fatal road accident on the Baku-Sumgayit highway has increased to five, Health Ministry spokesperson Liya Bayramova told APA.
Two of them died at the scene and the others at the hospital, according to the ministry spokesperson.
Seventeen injured were taken to Sumgait city emergency hospital. Two were provided aid at the scene. Most of them are in critical but stable condition.
Four more injured were taken to Clinic Medical Center. One died at the hospital, 2 are in critical condition and undergoing treatment in intensive care unit.
Among the dead, two were the students of Sumgayit State University.
Nasibov Ibrahim and Guliyev Ibrahim were the students of the 3rd course in the Faculty of Physics and Power Engineering.
Twenty-one people were injured in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning.
Of them, 17 were taken to the Sumgayit city emergency hospital. They are in critical but stable conditions, the hospital told APA.
The other four injured were placed in the Clinic Medical Center. One of them has already been discharged from the hospital as he received slight injures.
Two people died and ten more were injured after a passenger minibus crashed into a parked truck on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning, Azerbaijan.
The victims are said to have been students, APA has learned.
According to the initial information, the minibus, in order not to knock down the pedestrian crossing the road, made a maneuver, as a result of which it hit a barrier. However, after the investigation it became clear that the minibus crashed into a parked truck.
The accident caused a heavy traffic jam. Two ambulances were deployed to the scene.
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service exposes int’l cybercrime group
- 25.07.2017Explosion occurred in Baku
- 24.07.2017Underage brothers drown in Caspian Sea
- 24.07.2017Ali Insanov transferred to maximum security jail
- 24.07.2017Details emerge of horrific Barda family murder - UPDATED
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani family of five burned alive in fire accident in Russia
- 24.07.2017Fire in building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 22.07.2017Fire at university in Baku extinguished, 4 people poisoned with smoke - UPDATED
- 22.07.2017Two children drown in canal in Aghsu
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan detains spy network members
- 18.07.2017Man who fell into sever main and MES rescuer both died of gas poisoning - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Russia on suspicion of rape and murder of 15-year-old girl
- 14.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 6.5 years in prison for Alexander Lapshin
- 13.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 13.07.2017Traffic accident kills 3 and other 3 injured in Salyan
- 11.07.2017Fire breaks out in Azerbaijan’s Gizil-Agaj State Reserve
- 07.07.20172 people die of electrocution in pool, other 2 injured
- 05.07.2017Trespass attempt prevented by Azerbaijani border guards, trespasser killed
- 30.06.2017Internationally wanted Turkish citizen detained in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Man migrated with Musavat's fake membership card declared wanted
- 28.06.2017Men raided country house in Baku, beat guard, then set fire to house
- 28.06.201710 died in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 21.06.2017Lawyers seek acquittal for Vidadi Zeynalov
- 21.06.2017Former Baku Metro chief testifies at trial of national security ministry’s ex-employees
- 21.06.2017Child poisoned to death by own mother in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2017ANAMA: Two Azerbaijan citizens injured in mine blast on Turkey-Iran border - UPDATED
- 20.06.2017Armenians seeking to be a “hero” on paper: Azerbaijani MoD
- 20.06.2017US embassy car crashes in Baku
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan issues int’l arrest warrant for 5 people accused of abduction
- 19.06.2017Secretary of Malaysian embassy gets into road accident in Baku
- 17.06.2017Baku court begins trial in International Bank employee’s case
- 16.06.2017Russian court extends prison sentence of Azerbaijani national accused of recruiting students for terror organizations
- 14.06.2017Trial continues for ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov charged with embezzlement
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan detains 32 trespassers in May
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office denies MP’s statement on Afgan Mukhtarli
- 10.06.2017Fire at Baku Sadarak Trade Center localized- UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Man kills his parents in Masalli region
- 09.06.2017Ex-ministry official Beytulla Huseynov, accused of embezzlement, pays for damage caused to state
- 09.06.2017Man stabs his wife, two minor children to death in Azerbaijan’s Mingachevir
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan detained 37 trespassers in February
- 09.03.2017Criminal case initiated over fatal road accident in Baku
- 10.03.20177 killed, 24 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents in one day
- 04.03.2017Lapshin allowed to telephone his relatives
- 04.03.2017One more corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 03.03.2017Blogger Mehman Huseynov arrested in courtroom