Five killed in Baku minibus crash identified - UPDATED-3
The State Main Police Office has publicized the names of the five people killed in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway.
They are Guliyeva Chinara Azer qizi (1996), Nasibov Ibrahim Khaqani oglu (1996), Muradova Roza Eynulla qizi (1997), Guliyev Ibrahim Vugar oglu (1996), Janiyev Rashad Fuzuli oglu (1997).
All of them are said to have been students of Sumgayit State University.
Seventeen of those injured in the fatal minibus crash in Baku has been identified.
They are Orkhan Babayev, Mina Mirzayeva, Nijat Gojayev, Aytan Jafarova, Ogtay Asgarli, Khaver Farzaliyeva, Samir Taghiyev, Afsar Jabiyev, Baybala Manafov, Tarana Karimova, Elgiz Hasanov, Mahammad Mammadov, Aytan Guluzae, Ilaha Bakhishov, Abbas Amani, Elvin Aliyev, Aydan Mursalzade have been taken to Sumgayit city emergency hospital, APA has learned.
The number of victims in the fatal road accident on the Baku-Sumgayit highway has increased to five, Health Ministry spokesperson Liya Bayramova told APA.
Two of them died at the scene and the others at the hospital, according to the ministry spokesperson.
Seventeen injured were taken to Sumgait city emergency hospital. Two were provided aid at the scene. Most of them are in critical but stable condition.
Four more injured were taken to Clinic Medical Center. One died at the hospital, 2 are in critical condition and undergoing treatment in intensive care unit.
Among the dead, two were the students of Sumgayit State University.
Nasibov Ibrahim and Guliyev Ibrahim were the students of the 3rd course in the Faculty of Physics and Power Engineering.
Twenty-one people were injured in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning.
Of them, 17 were taken to the Sumgayit city emergency hospital. They are in critical but stable conditions, the hospital told APA.
The other four injured were placed in the Clinic Medical Center. One of them has already been discharged from the hospital as he received slight injures.
Two people died and ten more were injured after a passenger minibus crashed into a parked truck on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning, Azerbaijan.
The victims are said to have been students, APA has learned.
According to the initial information, the minibus, in order not to knock down the pedestrian crossing the road, made a maneuver, as a result of which it hit a barrier. However, after the investigation it became clear that the minibus crashed into a parked truck.
The accident caused a heavy traffic jam. Two ambulances were deployed to the scene.
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime
- 24.04.2017Former MNS general to stand trial this week
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 20.04.201738 criminal groups rendered harmless in Baku in 1Q 2017
- 19.04.2017Preliminary investigation into case of APFP chairman’s assistant completed
- 19.04.2017Judicial investigation into criminal case of Azerbaijan’s ex-heath minister completed
- 19.04.2017Baku Court of Appeal begins trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 19.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed due to absence of judge
- 19.04.2017Moscow police detain Azerbaijani man suspected of opening fire on his compatriot’s car
- 18.04.2017162 dead in road accidents in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 17.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Man killed in horrific car crash in Baku turns out to be a victim in Akif Chovdarov’s case
- 17.04.2017Illegal firearm and ammunition seized from Barda resident’s house
- 14.04.2017Fire occurs in Baby House, 18 babies rescued
- 14.04.2017Three people killed in car crash in Baku identified - UPDATED
- 13.04.2017Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov arrested on drug charges in Azerbaijan standing trial
- 12.04.2017Criminal case opened over building collapse in Baku
- 12.04.2017Two dead, four injured after building collapses in Baku - UPDATED
- 12.04.2017Truck carrying medications worth €170,000 from Austria to Azerbaijan hijacked in Ukraine
- 12.04.2017Haji Javad mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky unregistered – deputy police chief
- 09.04.2017Another body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 08.04.2017Azerbaijani customs officers prevent illegal import of a statue of historical significance
- 08.04.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 07.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 07.04.2017Prison term of former MNS general and others extended
- 07.04.2017Elnur Huseynzade's pretrial detention extended
- 06.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Baku police detain man suspected of stealing metal fences, crosses from cemetery
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 04.04.2017Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three
- 30.03.2017Interior Ministry: Mass destruction of graves in Baku Christian cemetery out of the question
- 30.03.2017One of three Azerbaijanis arrested in Libya on smuggling charges dies
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan detained 37 trespassers in February
- 09.03.2017Criminal case initiated over fatal road accident in Baku
- 10.03.20177 killed, 24 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents in one day
- 04.03.2017Lapshin allowed to telephone his relatives
- 04.03.2017One more corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 03.03.2017Blogger Mehman Huseynov arrested in courtroom