Five killed in Baku minibus crash identified - UPDATED-3
The State Main Police Office has publicized the names of the five people killed in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway.
They are Guliyeva Chinara Azer qizi (1996), Nasibov Ibrahim Khaqani oglu (1996), Muradova Roza Eynulla qizi (1997), Guliyev Ibrahim Vugar oglu (1996), Janiyev Rashad Fuzuli oglu (1997).
All of them are said to have been students of Sumgayit State University.
Seventeen of those injured in the fatal minibus crash in Baku has been identified.
They are Orkhan Babayev, Mina Mirzayeva, Nijat Gojayev, Aytan Jafarova, Ogtay Asgarli, Khaver Farzaliyeva, Samir Taghiyev, Afsar Jabiyev, Baybala Manafov, Tarana Karimova, Elgiz Hasanov, Mahammad Mammadov, Aytan Guluzae, Ilaha Bakhishov, Abbas Amani, Elvin Aliyev, Aydan Mursalzade have been taken to Sumgayit city emergency hospital, APA has learned.
The number of victims in the fatal road accident on the Baku-Sumgayit highway has increased to five, Health Ministry spokesperson Liya Bayramova told APA.
Two of them died at the scene and the others at the hospital, according to the ministry spokesperson.
Seventeen injured were taken to Sumgait city emergency hospital. Two were provided aid at the scene. Most of them are in critical but stable condition.
Four more injured were taken to Clinic Medical Center. One died at the hospital, 2 are in critical condition and undergoing treatment in intensive care unit.
Among the dead, two were the students of Sumgayit State University.
Nasibov Ibrahim and Guliyev Ibrahim were the students of the 3rd course in the Faculty of Physics and Power Engineering.
Twenty-one people were injured in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning.
Of them, 17 were taken to the Sumgayit city emergency hospital. They are in critical but stable conditions, the hospital told APA.
The other four injured were placed in the Clinic Medical Center. One of them has already been discharged from the hospital as he received slight injures.
Two people died and ten more were injured after a passenger minibus crashed into a parked truck on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning, Azerbaijan.
The victims are said to have been students, APA has learned.
According to the initial information, the minibus, in order not to knock down the pedestrian crossing the road, made a maneuver, as a result of which it hit a barrier. However, after the investigation it became clear that the minibus crashed into a parked truck.
The accident caused a heavy traffic jam. Two ambulances were deployed to the scene.
- 27.05.2017Anti-pedestrian mine found in Jojuq Marjanli
- 27.05.2017One-year-old boy dies after being hit by dad’s car in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2017SSS head: No provocation committed during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 27.05.2017State Security Service transferred information about spy network to Defense Ministry - minister
- 26.05.2017APFP deputy chairperson Gozal Bayramli detained: State Border Service
- 25.05.2017Headquarters: Another body found in Caspian Sea
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan police detain two charged with making counterfeit money
- 24.05.2017Inmate hangs himself in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Baku 2017 winners and their coaches
- 20.05.2017Traffic to be restricted in Baku on day of closing of Islamic Solidarity Games
- 20.05.2017Man shooting 26-year-old youth detained in Baku
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani accused of killing Ukrainian kickboxer standing trial
- 19.05.2017Prosecutor seeks 14-year sentence for Vidadi Zeynalov
- 18.05.2017Trial continues in case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 17.05.2017Baku court resumes trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 15.05.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijani SSS launches investigation into reports of persons who collaborated with liquidated MNS
- 13.05.2017Terrific road accident kills 4 in Yevlakh
- 11.05.2017Another earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijanis detained after incident with Armenians in St. Petersburg march released
- 08.05.2017Terrific road accident kills 4 in Nakhcivan
- 03.05.2017Colonel Ilgar Aliyev, who committed suicide, revealed to have testified against Eldar Mahmudov and Elchin Guliyev
- 03.05.2017Vidadi Zeynalov: I have fulfilled tasks set by ministry leadership - UPDATED
- 03.05.2017Earthquake hits Dagestan, tremors felt in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala
- 02.05.2017Azerbaijan eliminates armed trespasser
- 02.05.2017Mud volcano erupts in Baku suburb
- 01.05.2017Justice Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office release joint statement on Mehman Galandarov’s death
- 01.05.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 01.05.2017Baku man detained for extorting money from businessmen by blackmailing on social networks
- 29.04.2017Former deputy head of Azerbaijan’s Khazar district executive authority recognized as victim in case of MNS ex-official
- 28.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 28.04.2017Russian court pronounces verdict in case against two Azerbaijanis accused of kidnapping
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani MNS ex-official: 2 mln manats taken from budget sent to Eldar Mahmudov
- 27.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-general
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime
- 24.04.2017Former MNS general to stand trial this week
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan detained 37 trespassers in February
- 09.03.2017Criminal case initiated over fatal road accident in Baku
- 10.03.20177 killed, 24 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents in one day
- 04.03.2017Lapshin allowed to telephone his relatives
- 04.03.2017One more corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 03.03.2017Blogger Mehman Huseynov arrested in courtroom