Five killed in Baku minibus crash identified - UPDATED-3
The State Main Police Office has publicized the names of the five people killed in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway.
They are Guliyeva Chinara Azer qizi (1996), Nasibov Ibrahim Khaqani oglu (1996), Muradova Roza Eynulla qizi (1997), Guliyev Ibrahim Vugar oglu (1996), Janiyev Rashad Fuzuli oglu (1997).
All of them are said to have been students of Sumgayit State University.
Seventeen of those injured in the fatal minibus crash in Baku has been identified.
They are Orkhan Babayev, Mina Mirzayeva, Nijat Gojayev, Aytan Jafarova, Ogtay Asgarli, Khaver Farzaliyeva, Samir Taghiyev, Afsar Jabiyev, Baybala Manafov, Tarana Karimova, Elgiz Hasanov, Mahammad Mammadov, Aytan Guluzae, Ilaha Bakhishov, Abbas Amani, Elvin Aliyev, Aydan Mursalzade have been taken to Sumgayit city emergency hospital, APA has learned.
The number of victims in the fatal road accident on the Baku-Sumgayit highway has increased to five, Health Ministry spokesperson Liya Bayramova told APA.
Two of them died at the scene and the others at the hospital, according to the ministry spokesperson.
Seventeen injured were taken to Sumgait city emergency hospital. Two were provided aid at the scene. Most of them are in critical but stable condition.
Four more injured were taken to Clinic Medical Center. One died at the hospital, 2 are in critical condition and undergoing treatment in intensive care unit.
Among the dead, two were the students of Sumgayit State University.
Nasibov Ibrahim and Guliyev Ibrahim were the students of the 3rd course in the Faculty of Physics and Power Engineering.
Twenty-one people were injured in the minibus crash on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning.
Of them, 17 were taken to the Sumgayit city emergency hospital. They are in critical but stable conditions, the hospital told APA.
The other four injured were placed in the Clinic Medical Center. One of them has already been discharged from the hospital as he received slight injures.
Two people died and ten more were injured after a passenger minibus crashed into a parked truck on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning, Azerbaijan.
The victims are said to have been students, APA has learned.
According to the initial information, the minibus, in order not to knock down the pedestrian crossing the road, made a maneuver, as a result of which it hit a barrier. However, after the investigation it became clear that the minibus crashed into a parked truck.
The accident caused a heavy traffic jam. Two ambulances were deployed to the scene.
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 18.11.2017Quake jolts Azerbaijan’s south
- 17.11.2017Landslide in Baku, worker trapped under mud rescued - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Preliminary information on earthquake reveals no casualty - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijani regions - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017General Prosecutor's Office: Stones were thrown at a bus in Sumgayit
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen murders his fellow countryman in Moscow, confirm law enforcement
- 13.11.2017Two embassy cars collide in Baku
- 13.11.2017Prosecutor seeks 15-year jail sentence for ex-official of MNS
- 13.11.2017Kidnappers detained in Azerbaijan
- 11.11.2017Armenian-made landmine found in Aghdam
- 11.11.2017Man who left his sister with Iranian drug dealers as pledge gets arrested attempting to enter Azerbaijan with a large amount of narcotics
- 11.11.2017Two fishermen go missing in Caspian
- 11.11.2017MES: During fire in residential building 15 rescued and 20 evacuated
- 10.11.2017Fire breaks out in apartment building in Baku
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan’s former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov questioned again
- 10.11.2017Fire in Baku business center extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Police raid car showrooms owned by Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 07.11.2017Vugar Mahmudov fails to file appeal against court decision
- 04.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen suspected of treason detained
- 02.11.2017Two Azerbaijanis who killed a man suspected of involvement in Rovshan Lankaransky’s murder detained Russia
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on special op to catch second escaped convict
- 02.11.2017Criminal case against Turan News Agency and Mehman Aliyev terminated
- 01.11.2017Recent prisoner escape discussed at Azerbaijani Justice Ministry’s collegium meeting
- 31.10.2017Employees of Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service arrested over prisoner escape face additional charge
- 30.10.2017Akif Chovdarov and others' property worth AZN 33M to be confiscated
- 30.10.2017Court to send appeal to Azerbaijani president to strip Akif Chovdarov of general rank
- 30.10.2017Ex-official of Azerbaijan’s national security ministry jailed for 12 years - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani singer arrested for helping prisoners escape
- 30.10.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia
- 27.10.2017Baku City Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case over sale of prohibited medicines in unlicensed pharmacy
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 26.10.2017Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
- 25.10.2017Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service seizes over $71,000 from currency smugglers
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan detained 37 trespassers in February
- 09.03.2017Criminal case initiated over fatal road accident in Baku
- 10.03.20177 killed, 24 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents in one day
- 04.03.2017Lapshin allowed to telephone his relatives
- 04.03.2017One more corpse found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 03.03.2017Blogger Mehman Huseynov arrested in courtroom