Man who fell into sever main and MES rescuer both died of gas poisoning - UPDATED
The two men who died in an accident in Sumgayit have been identifed.
The deceased are Ilgar, a laborer who was at the main, and Rasim Mammadov, a MES rescuer who fell into the same main while trying to rescue the laborer.
Both the men died of gas poisoning.
Another four rescuers have been hospitalized.
Three more rescuers were poisoned.
The three poisoned rescuers are in hospital. Two of them are in critical condition, the Sumgayit Healthcare Department old APA.
The efforts are underway to identify the deceased and the poisoned.
Related news releases
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijan sends additional fire-fighting vehicles and personnel to Georgia
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijan wraps up search and rescue operation for missing oilmen
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in efforts to tackle forest fires in Georgia - UPDATED
- 22.08.2017Three killed in house fire in Azerbaijan’s Lerik
- 17.08.2017APFP deputy chairperson gets jail sentence extended
- 17.08.2017Afgan Mukhtarli’s prison sentence extended
- 17.08.2017Russia extradites Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen
- 17.08.2017Information on placement of explosive in car in Baku not confirmed
- 12.08.2017Two men detained for demanding money from foreigners
- 09.08.2017Investigator of Baku City Prosecutor’s Office arrested - EXCLUSIVE
- 07.08.201713 foreigners arrested for illegally living in Azerbaijan
- 07.08.2017Lawyer: Hearing on Nail Allahverdiyev’s case held by Khatai District Court with his own participation
- 03.08.2017Russian historian-scientist summoned to Investigative Committee on basis of Armenian claims
- 31.07.2017Investigative group created over murder of 1-year-old Zahra by Armenians
- 31.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office and Interior Ministry issue joint statement on crime committed in Hajigabul
- 31.07.2017Houses damaged after Armenia shells Garalar village of Tovuz
- 31.07.2017Man shouting 'Allahu Akbar' in front of US Embassy in Azerbaijan detained
- 29.07.201711-car chain-reaction crash in Baku, several injured
- 28.07.2017Boy, 9, accidentally kills girl, 7, in Azerbaijan’s Bilasuvar
- 27.07.2017Explosion at Lerik broiler factory triggered by gas leak - UPDATED
- 27.07.2017Former Directors-General of Aztelekom and AzInTelekom LLC released
- 26.07.2017‘Çudo Peçka’ founder arrested
- 26.07.2017Trial of former Azerbaijani ministry officials postponed
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service exposes int’l cybercrime group
- 25.07.2017Explosion occurred in Baku
- 24.07.2017Underage brothers drown in Caspian Sea
- 24.07.2017Ali Insanov transferred to maximum security jail
- 24.07.2017Details emerge of horrific Barda family murder - UPDATED
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani family of five burned alive in fire accident in Russia
- 24.07.2017Fire in building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 13.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 13.07.2017Traffic accident kills 3 and other 3 injured in Salyan
- 11.07.2017Fire breaks out in Azerbaijan’s Gizil-Agaj State Reserve
- 07.07.20172 people die of electrocution in pool, other 2 injured
- 05.07.2017Trespass attempt prevented by Azerbaijani border guards, trespasser killed
- 30.06.2017Internationally wanted Turkish citizen detained in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Man migrated with Musavat's fake membership card declared wanted
- 28.06.2017Men raided country house in Baku, beat guard, then set fire to house
- 28.06.201710 died in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 21.06.2017Lawyers seek acquittal for Vidadi Zeynalov
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan detains spy network members
- 22.07.2017Two children drown in canal in Aghsu
- 22.07.2017Fire at university in Baku extinguished, 4 people poisoned with smoke - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Russia on suspicion of rape and murder of 15-year-old girl
- 14.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 6.5 years in prison for Alexander Lapshin