Man who fell into sever main and MES rescuer both died of gas poisoning - UPDATED
The two men who died in an accident in Sumgayit have been identifed.
The deceased are Ilgar, a laborer who was at the main, and Rasim Mammadov, a MES rescuer who fell into the same main while trying to rescue the laborer.
Both the men died of gas poisoning.
Another four rescuers have been hospitalized.
Three more rescuers were poisoned.
The three poisoned rescuers are in hospital. Two of them are in critical condition, the Sumgayit Healthcare Department old APA.
The efforts are underway to identify the deceased and the poisoned.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani citizen carrying large amounts of narcotics detained in Georgia
- 13.12.2017Man who stole AZN 0.4mln from ATM detained
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijani oilman killed by co-worker for unknown reasons
- 12.12.2017Fire erupts at residential building in Mingachevir
- 11.12.2017Mumbai to London aircraft makes emergency landing in Baku
- 11.12.2017Weekend traffic crashes leave 12 dead in Azerbaijan
- 09.12.2017Residential building under construction collapses in Baku
- 08.12.2017Earthquake occurs in Caspian Sea
- 08.12.2017American woman accused of defrauding Baku man of $6,000
- 07.12.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Sharur
- 07.12.2017Criminal case opened over death of patient at hospital in Baku
- 07.12.2017General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on murder of five people in Salyan
- 07.12.2017Man found guilty of murdering wife and four daughters, burying bodies in Azerbaijan
- 04.12.2017Turkish Embassy car involved in crash in Baku
- 04.12.2017Haji Mammadov commits suicide by hanging himself – Penitentiary Service
- 02.12.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens detained in Georgia
- 02.12.2017Former owner of Glass market commits suicide
- 01.12.2017Iranian, Pakistani FMs discuss IP pipeline
- 30.11.2017Baku court announces verdict against former security officials
- 29.11.2017Former chairman of Atrabank Board of Directors gets arrested
- 29.11.2017NIDA member gets jail sentence reduced
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijan opens criminal cases against officials of several construction companies
- 27.11.2017Russia opens criminal case against police officers accused of violence against Azerbaijani diaspora head
- 27.11.2017Embassy: Incident in “Azerbaijan” Park planned to be built in Odessa is ‘an act of hooliganism’
- 22.11.2017108 people killed, 493 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 18.11.2017Quake jolts Azerbaijan’s south
- 17.11.2017Landslide in Baku, worker trapped under mud rescued - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Preliminary information on earthquake reveals no casualty - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijani regions - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017General Prosecutor's Office: Stones were thrown at a bus in Sumgayit
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen murders his fellow countryman in Moscow, confirm law enforcement
- 13.11.2017Two embassy cars collide in Baku
- 13.11.2017Prosecutor seeks 15-year jail sentence for ex-official of MNS
- 13.11.2017Kidnappers detained in Azerbaijan
- 11.11.2017Armenian-made landmine found in Aghdam
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan detains spy network members
- 22.07.2017Two children drown in canal in Aghsu
- 22.07.2017Fire at university in Baku extinguished, 4 people poisoned with smoke - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Russia on suspicion of rape and murder of 15-year-old girl
- 14.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 6.5 years in prison for Alexander Lapshin