Kamaladdin Heydarov: 12371 fire accidents recorded in Azerbaijan this year
Work on improving the material and technical base of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) was continued in 2017, said Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov.
He made the remarks on Thursday at a meeting dedicated to the 12th anniversary of the establishment of MES, APA reported.
The minister said that this year the operational condition was in the focus of attention and the serious consequences of fire accidents were prevented.
Heydarov added that 12371 fire accidents were recorded in Azerbaijan, including 3965 in Baku during the reporting period.
“Every day 37 fire accidents were recorded on average, and firefighters rescued one person every three days. The number of those rescued from fires increased compared the same period of 2016,” said the minister.
He noted that 25 thousand hectares of forests were protected from forest fires and 85 thousand hectares of area were protected during fires in sowing areas.
“During the reporting period firefighting forces were on duty of 16 cotton reception centers, and operatively extinguished 40 fires that broke out in cotton fields,” he said.
The minister pointed out that this year 98 state facilities, 296 private facilities, 289 multi-storey buildings, 532 private houses and 248 equipment units for various purposed were protected during firefighting efforts, and 109 people were rescued.
Heydarov emphasized that security deficiencies related with gas were revealed in more than 3900 apartments and private houses, gas departments were given relevant instructions to remove these deficiencies.
“As a result of immediate measures taken, no fire accidents were recorded at venues and facilities during the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games and Formula 1 race,” he added.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018Nearly 93% of murders in Baku solved – police chief
- 17.01.2018Pistol found in Baku cemetery
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan concludes investigation of 214 criminal cases against 305 officials in 2017
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Department names most corrupted spheres
- 17.01.2018Russian scientist returns home after detention in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Three injured as car carrying Arab tourists overturns in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan puts 34 people on Interpol wanted list on corruption charges
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Dept: Properties worth AZN 15 mln of people accused of corruption seized
- 16.01.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018More details emerge of detention of Russian scientist in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Interior Minister: 1,028 criminal groups accused of committing 2,698 crimes neutralized in Azerbaijan last year
- 13.01.2018Artillery shells found in Aghdam’s Guzanli
- 13.01.2018Attic of residential house collapses in Shirvan, one person gets stuck under
- 13.01.2018Two detained in Azerbaijan over hoax call about terror attack, police say
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijani police seize over 5.5 kg of drugs
- 12.01.2018Afgan Mukhtarli sentenced to 6 years in prison - UPDATED
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani custom officers prevent sturgeon smuggling
- 11.01.2018Border guards detain three persons who tried to illegally leave Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Vehicle carrying film crew of Azerbaijani TV channel crashes into barrier
- 09.01.2018Austrian mountaineer says 'it would be easier to find missing Azerbaijani climbers if they equipped with special devices'
- 09.01.2018Deputy Minister: Sports club directly responsible for not providing missing mountaineers with necessary equipment
- 09.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijani mountaineers will continue – ministry
- 09.01.2018Operational headquarters created to conduct search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan holds meeting
- 09.01.2018Iranian woman, daughter detained at Baku airport with fake passports
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case after mountain climbers go missing - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan hit by earthquake
- 05.01.2018Baku police detain persons over false notification of bomb threat in hotel and storage
- 05.01.2018Prosecutor General: Persons accused of committing most resonant crimes in Azerbaijan last year exposed
- 04.01.20189 killed, 45 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents during holidays
- 03.01.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges
- 30.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers
- 30.12.2017Cybercriminal who stole money from Azerbaijani banks detained and extradited to Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2017ANAMA specialists involved in search for missing mountain climbers
- 29.12.2017Bodies of Azerbaijanis killed in car crash in Russia brought to homeland
- 29.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Additional rescue team joins search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Search underway for missing climbers in Azerbaijan, special headquarters set up
- 27.12.2017One of missing Azerbaijani climbers is employee of Interior Ministry’s press service
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani MES releases information on missing mountain climbers
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijan businessman and son die in car crash in Russia
- 14.12.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: 1,442 people, including 423 children rendered first aid in emergencies this year
- 14.12.2017Safe containing AZN 100K stolen from Baku resident’s house
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan Security Service: 16 terrorists eliminated while showing armed resistance
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani MES: 296 people rescued from drowning this year
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan identifies 10 people suspected of ties with foreign intelligence agencies
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 503 trespassers