Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
A group of persons planning a terrorist attack at a rally of the National Council in Baku were liquidated as a result of the special operation carried out by the State Security Service of Azerbaijan, reads the statement released by the press service of the State Security Service on Wednesday .
A group of people who took the oath of one of the terrorist groups operating abroad, gathered in the home of Azerbaijani citizen Bakhtiyar Alekperov, nicknamed "Abdullah" in Lokbatan district, where members of the criminal group chose Bakhtiyar Alekperov as their "emir."
In order to commit terrorist attacks, members of the group made explosive and incendiary devices that have been tested in the village Lokbatan on October 22. As it was revealed, the members of the group planned to commit a terrorist attack at a rally in Baku on October 28 with the aim of destabilizing and disturbing the socio-political situation in the country.
In the course of the special operation on October 25, members of the criminal group Alekperov Bakhtiyar, Masimli Anar (nicknamed Abu Yunis) and Huseynli Javid (nicknamed Abu Vakkaz) resisted and opened fire from firearms to representatives of law enforcement agencies.
Extremists were destroyed in retaliatory fire by the special group of the State Security Service in accordance with the legislation.
The operational and investigative measures continue on the fact.
On October 28, the National Council will hold an authorized rally in the Yasamal district of Baku.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Supreme Court commences hearing on appeal of Taleh Baghirov and others
- 22.02.2018Investigator: Eduard Grigoryan, arrested for Sumgayit events, handed over to Armenia in 1991
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan: USSR Prosecutor General's Office did not investigate Sumgayit events objectively
- 22.02.2018Sumgayit events masterminded by Armenians and foreign special services, investigator says
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan: Investigation proves Sumgayit events committed by Armenian separatist forces
- 21.02.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan’s Guba continues
- 21.02.2018Baku Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case after landslide on Bayil slope
- 21.02.2018Court denies appeal filed by Giyas Ibraimov and his father
- 20.02.2018One of Azerbaijanis injured in Russia apartment fire dies
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek, Kyrgyz citizens for attempting to illegally cross border with Iran
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Azerbaijani women sentenced to life in prison for collaborating with ISIL
- 19.02.2018Fire breaks out in former Azerbaijani transport minister’s house
- 19.02.2018Chairman of the State Committee for City Building and Architecture of Azerbaijan dies
- 17.02.2018Man detained for pretending to be Security Service official
- 17.02.2018Suspect in murder of woman whose body was found chopped into pieces in Baku detained
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09.02.2018Criminal gang leader declared wanted by Azerbaijan 20 years ago detained in Moscow
- 09.02.2018Illegal migrants detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Violations revealed in work of 24 municipalities in Azerbaijan last year
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted by Russia killed in Mosul
- 03.02.2018Five poisoned by smoke in fire at residential building in Baku
- 01.02.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on charges of joining illegal armed groups
- 01.02.2018Baku woman steals $58,000 from her own home
- 31.01.2018UXOs found in Goranboy
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek citizens over attempt to illegally cross border with Iran
- 29.01.20183 Arabs detained in Azerbaijan for illegal hunting
- 29.01.2018Above 300 Azerbaijanis reportedly killed in battles in Syria, Iraq – State Committee
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: Prosecuting authorities are successfully fulfilling president’s task on humanization of punishment policy
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: 418 unsolved crimes have been solved
- 27.01.2018Azerbaijani MES issues statement on fire outbreak incident in Baku
- 26.01.2018ANAMA finds 20 UXOs in Aghstafa
- 26.01.2018Georgia initiates criminal prosecution against Azerbaijani transplant surgeon
- 26.01.2018Baku police kill man who showed armed resistance
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani MES reveals number of emergency situations in 2017
- 26.10.2017Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service seizes over $71,000 from currency smugglers
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service sacks convoy battalion commander and nine others after prisoner escape
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani Justice Ministry, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on prisoner escape