Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
A group of persons planning a terrorist attack at a rally of the National Council in Baku were liquidated as a result of the special operation carried out by the State Security Service of Azerbaijan, reads the statement released by the press service of the State Security Service on Wednesday .
A group of people who took the oath of one of the terrorist groups operating abroad, gathered in the home of Azerbaijani citizen Bakhtiyar Alekperov, nicknamed "Abdullah" in Lokbatan district, where members of the criminal group chose Bakhtiyar Alekperov as their "emir."
In order to commit terrorist attacks, members of the group made explosive and incendiary devices that have been tested in the village Lokbatan on October 22. As it was revealed, the members of the group planned to commit a terrorist attack at a rally in Baku on October 28 with the aim of destabilizing and disturbing the socio-political situation in the country.
In the course of the special operation on October 25, members of the criminal group Alekperov Bakhtiyar, Masimli Anar (nicknamed Abu Yunis) and Huseynli Javid (nicknamed Abu Vakkaz) resisted and opened fire from firearms to representatives of law enforcement agencies.
Extremists were destroyed in retaliatory fire by the special group of the State Security Service in accordance with the legislation.
The operational and investigative measures continue on the fact.
On October 28, the National Council will hold an authorized rally in the Yasamal district of Baku.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 30.05.2018Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED
- 26.10.2017Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service seizes over $71,000 from currency smugglers
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service sacks convoy battalion commander and nine others after prisoner escape
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani Justice Ministry, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on prisoner escape