French media outlets notified of Rahim Namazov not being a journalist: Azerbaijani Embassy
Azerbaijan’s Embassy in France is closely following the investigation of the assassination attempt against Azerbaijani Rahim Namazov (Shakinskiy) in the French city of Toulouse, the embassy said in a response to APA’s inquiry.
The embassy said in a statement that it closely cooperates with France’s Foreign Ministry, investigative bodies and law-enforcement authorities of Toulouse in this regard.
“The embassy was late to comment on the incident because it took time to investigate the issue and get more accurate information,” says the statement.
The statement further notes that the Azerbaijani Embassy in France is interested in an objective investigation of the incident because the issue is being distorted.
“French media introduced Rahim Namazov as a journalist as he presented himself a journalist in order to get a residence permit in France. He declared through social networks that he was allegedly subjected to political persecution in Azerbaijan and left the country because his life was in danger,” the embassy said in the statement.
The embassy sent a letter to French media outlets stating that Rahim Namazov is not a journalist, reads the statement.
“After the embassy's intervention, nearly 15 media outlets covered the embassy's position. We've also made such announcements through social networks,” the statement says.
The Toulouse Journalists’ Association also reported that it does not have information about such a journalist.
Rahim Namazov (Shakinskiy), an Azerbaijani man living in France, was shot and wounded in the city of Toulouse on March 30.
Namazov was opened fire at in a drive-by shooting while traveling by car with his wife.
His wife died in the attack, while Rahim was seriously wounded and hospitalized.
It is worth noting that although some French sites have referred to Rahim as a journalist, he has long been known as ‘Rahim Shakinskiy’ on social networks. He is said to have released videos and audios insulting notorious criminals, such as Nadir Salifov (Lotu Guli).
Related news releases
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani police neutralize 47 groups accused of committing grave crimes in H1 2018
- 14.07.2018Three more people arrested in Azerbaijan over Ganja events
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijan’s interior minister convenes board meeting
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan arrests 3, opens 21 criminal cases over open terrorist calls
- 13.07.201811 active participants of Ganja events detained, one liquated
- 12.07.2018Nine arrested over events in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 11.07.2018Three people drown in Caspian Sea
- 11.07.2018Suspect in murder of police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja detained
- 11.07.2018Police officers killed in Ganja showed loyalty to state – deputy interior minister
- 11.07.2018Fire breaks out in Azerbaijan forest belt
- 11.07.2018Police officers martyred in Ganja events laid to rest - UPDATED
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan launches manhunt for two suspects in Ganja events
- 10.07.2018State Security Service: Over 1,000 Azerbaijanis went to Syrian conflict zone
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case against provocative calls on social networks
- 07.07.2018Fire that broke out in Yardimli mountains contained
- 06.07.2018Three people drown in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Yunis Safarov is radical-minded person, say relatives
- 06.07.2018Reps of Azerbaijan Anti-Torture Committee meets Yunis Safarov
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement authorities issue joint statement on armed attack on Ganja city mayor
- 05.07.2018Ministry: Fire in territory of Azerbaijan Thermal Power Plant extinguished - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol’s wanted list for fighting against NATO forces
- 04.07.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov visits Mingachevir
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijan sets up commission to investigate cross country power failure
- 03.07.2018Deputy PM and Azerenergy chairman visit Mingachevir
- 02.07.2018Over 2,000 crimes are solved in Azerbaijan every year – interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan hit by another earthquake
- 29.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s north
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijani faces terrorist propaganda charge in Georgia for anti-Armenian Facebook post
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 03.04.2018Director of Shaki Regional Perinatal Center detained
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, Interior Ministry comment on statement of former MNS official
- 03.04.2018Fire occurs in building settled by IDPs in Baku, 55 evacuated
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case regarding Armenia plundering Azerbaijan's natural resources
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijani killed in Kharkiv identified - EXCLUSIVE
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani man shot and wounded in France after insulting crime bosses