Former head of Baku Telephone Network PA testifies in court
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Thursday held a hearing in the case of Fatullah Seyidov, former head of the Nizami unit of the Baku Telephone Network Public Association, and Rashad Mammadov, a former accountant of the unit, who are both accused of embezzlement, abuse of power and forgery.
A public prosecutor read out the indictment at the hearing presided over by judge Ahmad Guliyev.
The prosecutor claimed that they had committed service forgery, embezzled state property and used the allocated funds for their own benefit.
In his speech, Mammadov said he worked under the relevant charter, noting that though the unit had a free bank account, the PA’s permission was required to withdraw money from it.
Then the imprisoned former chairman of Baku Telephone Communications Production Association, Beytulla Huseynov, gave a testimony as a witness.
He said that he worked in the field of communication for a long time and has been awarded several times.
He confirmed his testimony to the investigation.
The imprisoned former chief accountant of the Baku Telephone Communications Production Association, Anar Mustafayev, also gave a testimony and said they did what ordered the leadership. He rejected that he gave money to accused persons, said they had negotiations with construction companies, but head of phone units were unaware of it.
Then, Emin Mammadov, Bayram Valiyev, Gulu Namazov, Yashar Nazaraliyev and others testified. They confirmed their testimonies to the investigation.
The hearing will be resumed on October 6.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Baku café explosion: Two dead, two injured - UPDATED-2
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani citizen buried in cemetery of the nameless after committing suicide in Turkey
- 21.05.2018$30,000 and jewelry items worth AZN 100,000 stolen from home in Baku
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan detains Iranian national for attempting to smuggle 10 Scottish Fold kittens to Iran
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan's Pardon Issues Commission considers about 1,100 appeals - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains two over sale of fake excise stamps
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake visas
- 16.05.2018Bodies of all three missing Azerbaijani mountaineers found - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Two houses destroyed after landslide hits Bayil slope in Baku
- 14.05.2018Missile discovered in Goranboy forest
- 08.05.2018Fire in house kills husband and wife in Masalli
- 07.05.2018Baku court commences trial of Moldova citizen accused of stealing about AZN1.5 million from Azerbaijani bank
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan reveals organized group engaged in illicit medicines trade
- 04.05.2018Baku drug rehab center director arrested over 2 March fire accident
- 03.05.20182 persons detained for demanding $50,000 from head of energy drink company in Azerbaijan
- 02.05.2018Remains of 6 Azerbaijanis killed in World War II found in Russia
- 02.05.2018Foreigners detained in Baku for attempting to exchange counterfeit money in bank
- 01.05.20181 killed, 6 injured in nasty traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijan detains five foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 28.04.2018No one was injured in fire in Baku high-rise – Deputy Minister - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED-5
- 28.04.2018Emergency Situations Ministry issues statement on Baku high-rise fire
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners for attempting to get to Europe on fake passports
- 26.04.2018Former Azerbaijani MP Huseyn Abdullayev faces additional charges
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards foil drug smuggling attempt
- 24.04.2018Details emerge of armed assault on Azerbaijani family in Georgia - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court upholds State Security Service’s AZN 1M lawsuit against liquidated MNS
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against ex-employees of liquidated national security ministry
- 23.04.2018State Security Service: Illegal religious complex revealed in Baku
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 16.04.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 13.04.2018Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 12.04.2018Five Sri Lanka citizens detained in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Man who brought illegal drugs worth $40,000 to Azerbaijan detained
- 11.04.2018Mother dies after giving birth in Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Several Nardaran residents detained for illegal arms storage
- 03.10.2016Investigation into case of Azerbaijan's communications and high tech ministry officials concludes
- 03.10.2016Lawyers make speeches at hearing of IBA ex-head - UPDATED
- 04.10.2016Road accident in Northwestern Azerbaijan kills 4
- 29.09.2016Ukrainian prosecutor general calls Azerbaijani counterpart
- 28.09.2016Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 28.09.2016Prosecutor seeks 14 years for Azerbaijan citizen accused of fighting in Syria