Former head of Baku Telephone Network PA testifies in court
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Thursday held a hearing in the case of Fatullah Seyidov, former head of the Nizami unit of the Baku Telephone Network Public Association, and Rashad Mammadov, a former accountant of the unit, who are both accused of embezzlement, abuse of power and forgery.
A public prosecutor read out the indictment at the hearing presided over by judge Ahmad Guliyev.
The prosecutor claimed that they had committed service forgery, embezzled state property and used the allocated funds for their own benefit.
In his speech, Mammadov said he worked under the relevant charter, noting that though the unit had a free bank account, the PA’s permission was required to withdraw money from it.
Then the imprisoned former chairman of Baku Telephone Communications Production Association, Beytulla Huseynov, gave a testimony as a witness.
He said that he worked in the field of communication for a long time and has been awarded several times.
He confirmed his testimony to the investigation.
The imprisoned former chief accountant of the Baku Telephone Communications Production Association, Anar Mustafayev, also gave a testimony and said they did what ordered the leadership. He rejected that he gave money to accused persons, said they had negotiations with construction companies, but head of phone units were unaware of it.
Then, Emin Mammadov, Bayram Valiyev, Gulu Namazov, Yashar Nazaraliyev and others testified. They confirmed their testimonies to the investigation.
The hearing will be resumed on October 6.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018One of Azerbaijanis injured in Russia apartment fire dies
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek, Kyrgyz citizens for attempting to illegally cross border with Iran
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Azerbaijani women sentenced to life in prison for collaborating with ISIL
- 19.02.2018Fire breaks out in former Azerbaijani transport minister’s house
- 19.02.2018Chairman of the State Committee for City Building and Architecture of Azerbaijan dies
- 17.02.2018Man detained for pretending to be Security Service official
- 17.02.2018Suspect in murder of woman whose body was found chopped into pieces in Baku detained
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09.02.2018Criminal gang leader declared wanted by Azerbaijan 20 years ago detained in Moscow
- 09.02.2018Illegal migrants detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Violations revealed in work of 24 municipalities in Azerbaijan last year
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted by Russia killed in Mosul
- 03.02.2018Five poisoned by smoke in fire at residential building in Baku
- 01.02.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on charges of joining illegal armed groups
- 01.02.2018Baku woman steals $58,000 from her own home
- 31.01.2018UXOs found in Goranboy
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek citizens over attempt to illegally cross border with Iran
- 29.01.20183 Arabs detained in Azerbaijan for illegal hunting
- 29.01.2018Above 300 Azerbaijanis reportedly killed in battles in Syria, Iraq – State Committee
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: Prosecuting authorities are successfully fulfilling president’s task on humanization of punishment policy
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: 418 unsolved crimes have been solved
- 27.01.2018Azerbaijani MES issues statement on fire outbreak incident in Baku
- 26.01.2018ANAMA finds 20 UXOs in Aghstafa
- 26.01.2018Georgia initiates criminal prosecution against Azerbaijani transplant surgeon
- 26.01.2018Baku police kill man who showed armed resistance
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani MES reveals number of emergency situations in 2017
- 25.01.2018Names of Azerbaijanis aboard missing vessel in Sea of Japan revealed - UPDATED
- 25.01.2018Turkish businessman’s house robbed in Baku
- 24.01.2018Five dismissed from prosecuting authorities in Baku
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani MES to hold firefighting training
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Pakistani, Indian nationals accused of organizing illegal migration channel
- 22.01.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan continues
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service exposes big network engaged in currency smuggling
- 20.01.2018Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani border village
- 03.10.2016Investigation into case of Azerbaijan's communications and high tech ministry officials concludes
- 03.10.2016Lawyers make speeches at hearing of IBA ex-head - UPDATED
- 04.10.2016Road accident in Northwestern Azerbaijan kills 4
- 29.09.2016Ukrainian prosecutor general calls Azerbaijani counterpart
- 28.09.2016Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 28.09.2016Prosecutor seeks 14 years for Azerbaijan citizen accused of fighting in Syria