Azerbaijan: Russian tourists trapped in Shamakhi mountains rescued - UPDATED-3
A car in which foreign citizens were trapped in a mountainous area near Pirbayli village, Shamakhi district, is being brought to the city of Shamakhi by a crew of the Civil Defense Force, Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations said.
“Both persons are citizens of the Russian Federation. A Nissan, in which they were trapped, was towed and is being delivered to the city of Shamakhi. Additional information will be made public,” the ministry said.
The foreign citizens who got trapped in cars in a mountainous area near Pirbayli village, Shamakhi district, have been located by a helicopter of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations.
The ministry said there is no threat to tourists’ health. “They refused to be evacuated by the helicopter. The forces of the Civil Defense Troops are now heading to the site to help the foreign citizens. Additional information will be made public,” the ministry said.
A Ka-32A helicopter of the Aviation Division of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations is involved in a search for foreign citizens trapped in cars in a mountainous area near Pirbayli village, Shamakhi district, the ministry said in a statement.
Additional information will soon be given.
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations has issued a statement on foreign citizens being left helpless in a mountainous area in the country’s Shamakhi district.
According to the information received by the Crisis Management Center from the State Maritime Administration, foreign citizens left helpless inside two Nissan Patrol cars in an impassable mountainous areas in the country’s Shamakhi district, said the statement.
The relevant forces and equipment of the Civil Defense Troops of the Ministry of Emergency Situations are involved in the area.
Additional information will be provided.
At 06:48 (UTC +4) on October 3, Long Range Identification and Tracking National Centre of the State Maritime Administration of Azerbaijan received a request from the 911 Emergency Communications Center of the United States of America about foreign citizens in two Nissan Patrol cars who need help in a mountainous area in Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi district.
According to the press service of the State Maritime Administration, information about the persons who need help and their coordinates were immediately transferred to 112 Call Center of the Ministry of Emergency Situations.
A search operation is currently underway using all the means.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani citizen gets 21 years in prison for murdering two in Russia
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office initiates criminal case against two escaped convicts - UPDATED-2
- 23.10.2017Woman attempts to break into Azerbaijani embassy in Moscow
- 23.10.2017Inmate dies of illness in Azerbaijan
- 19.10.2017Car belonging to EU Delegation in Azerbaijan crashes in Baku
- 19.10.2017Suspects in murder of Iranian student in Baku involved in another crime, law enforcement say
- 19.10.2017Baku police arrest man who stole safe containing large amount of cash nine years ago
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani Security Service seizes counterfeit excise stamps
- 17.10.2017Five arrested for murdering Iranian student in Azerbaijan
- 17.10.201740 unexploded shells found in Azerbaijan’s Sumgayit
- 17.10.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on appeal of Vidadi Zeynalov
- 17.10.2017ANAMA: Demining ops launched after weapons storage blast in Khizi to be completed by year-end
- 16.10.2017Worker dies after falling into elevator shaft into SOCAR administrative building
- 14.10.2017Truck carrying passenger vehicles over overturns in Azerbaijan’s Salyan
- 14.10.2017US Embassy car involved in accident in Baku
- 13.10.2017Unexploded ammunition found in Baku
- 13.10.2017Person accused of committing grave crime in Ukraine detained aboard Kyiv-Baku flight
- 13.10.2017Court extends Afgan Mukhtarli’s pretrial detention
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijani court issues verdict against Ramin Hajili and others who sought to get U.S. visa with fake documents
- 12.10.2017Supreme Court considers appeal by IBA ex-chairman
- 11.10.2017Brother of Abulfaz Elchibey dies
- 09.10.2017Banking-related criminal cases submitted to courts in Azerbaijan increase in numbers
- 09.10.2017Mother, underage son die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Baku
- 09.10.2017Kazakh military attaché involved in car crash in Baku
- 04.10.2017US Embassy car involved in accident in Baku
- 04.10.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for acquittal - UPDATED-1
- 27.09.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for time to prepare for final statement
- 27.09.2017Hijab problem arises in Azerbaijani school in Georgia
- 26.09.2017Another IBA official charged with embezzlement standing trial
- 26.09.2017ANAMA: Clearance operation in area polluted after explosion at Khizi weapons storage will take long time
- 25.09.2017Emergency Situations Ministry releases statement on fire in building of BP’s Baku office - UPDATED
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan’s consul in Iraq visits child found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Criminal case initiated against officials of Azerbaijan State Economic University
- 21.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Balakan
- 21.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017Court gives Akif Chovdarov time for final statement
- 19.09.2017Ten people suffer minor smoke inhalation after fire at warehouse of cosmetics factory in Baku
- 18.09.2017Akif Chovdarov's lawyer makes speech at trial
- 16.09.2017Tofig Zulfugarov: ‘I have been involved in the investigation on this traffic accident as a witness’
- 15.09.2017Human rights defenders issue statement on release of a group of persons
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian citizens rescued after being trapped in Shamakhi mountains identified
- 04.10.2017Prosecutor seeks 12-year sentence for man accused of planning terror attacks in Azerbaijani universities
- 04.10.2017Akif Chovdarov making final statement at trial
- 03.10.2017Baku Appellate Court considers appeal filed against verdict on Vidadi Zeynalov
- 02.10.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 02.10.2017Four Azerbaijanis die in Ukraine hostel fire