Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
The Azerbaijanis who died after a fire broke out in an apartment in the Russian city of Orenburg have been identified.
Hatem (Namig) Guliyev, 38, his 3-year-old daughter Leyla and 6-year-old son Eysavar, as well as 47-year-old Amrah (surname not identified) lost their lives in the fire, Yashar Masimov, head of the local Azerbaijani diaspora told APA’s Russia bureau.
According to him, 8-year-old Sevinj Guliyeva, 19-year-old Ayten Guliyeva, 26-year-old Sadagat Guliyeva, 49-year-old Sevinj Guliyeva and 82-year-old Izzet Guliyeva received burn injuries.
The diaspora head said that two of the victims – Leyla Guliyeva and Eysavar Guliyev – are the citizens of Russia, while the rest are Azerbaijani citizens.
“Three of the injured – Saadat Guliyeva, Sevinj Guliyeva and Izzat Guliyev – are in critical condition. They are currently in a coma. Doctors say there is little chance of their survival,” he added.
A fire that broke out in Orenburg city of Russia has killed Azerbaijani family, head of the local Azerbaijani diaspora Yashar Masimov told APA's Russian bureau.
The fire took place at 13:54 local time on February 12 in the apartment at the address: Orenburg, Salmyshskaya str., 58/1.
As a result of the fire, 4 people, including two children died, 5 people were injured. At present, the names of the two dead are known: Namig Guliyev and his young daughter Leyla Guliyeva.
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 30.05.2018Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018Female member of gang who stole a great deal of money and jewelry from house in Baku arrested
- 29.05.2018Baku Appellate Court rejects Akif Chovdarov's appeal
- 26.05.2018$412,000 financial fraud exposed in APFP - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijan completes execution of presidential order on pardon
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry denies reports of former executive authority head’s death in prison
- 25.05.2018Execution of pardon order begins
- 24.05.2018Two dead bodies found on boat in Caspian Sea – ministry - UPDATED-1
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service, Financial Market Supervisory Authority conduct join operation
- 21.05.2018Baku café explosion: Two dead, two injured - UPDATED-2
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani citizen buried in cemetery of the nameless after committing suicide in Turkey
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria