Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Poltava, Khmelnitsky, Vinnytsia and other provinces of Ukraine, including Kiev, APA has learned.
The head of Sufaris-Transport company carrying out the transportation of one of the trucks, Subhan Sariyev, told APA that a truck carrying butter of Azerbaijani-investment Dapna LTD disappeared in Poltava.
Sariyev noted that the truck driver, Olexandr Simishko, was found and handed over to the police.
“The driver’s testimony revealed interesting facts. He said there was malfunction in the truck, when it departed. As the owner of the vehicle Sergey Mikhayluk was abroad, he called supervisor Kiril, who told him to give the truck to him and wait. No news came in of Kiril or the car,” he added.
Dmitry Mikhaylus, responsible for a truck carrying raw material for canning to an Azerbaijani company, told APA that one of their trucks was hijacked in Khmelnitsky and another in Vinnytsia province.
“The cargo was probably stolen by the Ukrainian owners of the trucks. “Each cargo was worth approximately 300,000 dollars,” he noted.
Afiq Safarov, Azersun Holding spokesman told APA that the goods carried by one of the trucks belong to the company.
Safarov said that he didn’t know what the goods were. According to Safarov, they are informed that trucks transporting goods belonging to other Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Ukraine.
The chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine’s Ivano-Frankivsk oblast, Matlab Najafov, who was responsible for the transportation of goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies, in two of the ten trucks that were also hijacked in Ukraine a while ago, told APA that Transimpeks LTD, which owns the trucks, is believed to have been involved in this incident.
“Unfortunately, local law-enforcement agencies don’t deal with this matter seriously and there is no result. We think that the truck owners who are suspected of hijacking them are serving to a common network. We, Azerbaijani businessmen, are very concerned by it. Though we have appealed to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Ukraine, there is no result”, he said.
Earlier, 10 trucks loaded with goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies were hijacked in Ukraine’s Khmelnytsk and Chernihiv oblasts.
- 22.11.2017108 people killed, 493 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 18.11.2017Quake jolts Azerbaijan’s south
- 17.11.2017Landslide in Baku, worker trapped under mud rescued - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Preliminary information on earthquake reveals no casualty - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijani regions - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017General Prosecutor's Office: Stones were thrown at a bus in Sumgayit
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen murders his fellow countryman in Moscow, confirm law enforcement
- 13.11.2017Two embassy cars collide in Baku
- 13.11.2017Prosecutor seeks 15-year jail sentence for ex-official of MNS
- 13.11.2017Kidnappers detained in Azerbaijan
- 11.11.2017Armenian-made landmine found in Aghdam
- 11.11.2017Man who left his sister with Iranian drug dealers as pledge gets arrested attempting to enter Azerbaijan with a large amount of narcotics
- 11.11.2017Two fishermen go missing in Caspian
- 11.11.2017MES: During fire in residential building 15 rescued and 20 evacuated
- 10.11.2017Fire breaks out in apartment building in Baku
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan’s former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov questioned again
- 10.11.2017Fire in Baku business center extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Police raid car showrooms owned by Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 07.11.2017Vugar Mahmudov fails to file appeal against court decision
- 04.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen suspected of treason detained
- 02.11.2017Two Azerbaijanis who killed a man suspected of involvement in Rovshan Lankaransky’s murder detained Russia
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on special op to catch second escaped convict
- 02.11.2017Criminal case against Turan News Agency and Mehman Aliyev terminated
- 01.11.2017Recent prisoner escape discussed at Azerbaijani Justice Ministry’s collegium meeting
- 31.10.2017Employees of Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service arrested over prisoner escape face additional charge
- 30.10.2017Akif Chovdarov and others' property worth AZN 33M to be confiscated
- 30.10.2017Court to send appeal to Azerbaijani president to strip Akif Chovdarov of general rank
- 30.10.2017Ex-official of Azerbaijan’s national security ministry jailed for 12 years - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani singer arrested for helping prisoners escape
- 30.10.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia
- 27.10.2017Baku City Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case over sale of prohibited medicines in unlicensed pharmacy
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 26.10.2017Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
- 25.10.2017Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three