Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Poltava, Khmelnitsky, Vinnytsia and other provinces of Ukraine, including Kiev, APA has learned.
The head of Sufaris-Transport company carrying out the transportation of one of the trucks, Subhan Sariyev, told APA that a truck carrying butter of Azerbaijani-investment Dapna LTD disappeared in Poltava.
Sariyev noted that the truck driver, Olexandr Simishko, was found and handed over to the police.
“The driver’s testimony revealed interesting facts. He said there was malfunction in the truck, when it departed. As the owner of the vehicle Sergey Mikhayluk was abroad, he called supervisor Kiril, who told him to give the truck to him and wait. No news came in of Kiril or the car,” he added.
Dmitry Mikhaylus, responsible for a truck carrying raw material for canning to an Azerbaijani company, told APA that one of their trucks was hijacked in Khmelnitsky and another in Vinnytsia province.
“The cargo was probably stolen by the Ukrainian owners of the trucks. “Each cargo was worth approximately 300,000 dollars,” he noted.
Afiq Safarov, Azersun Holding spokesman told APA that the goods carried by one of the trucks belong to the company.
Safarov said that he didn’t know what the goods were. According to Safarov, they are informed that trucks transporting goods belonging to other Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Ukraine.
The chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine’s Ivano-Frankivsk oblast, Matlab Najafov, who was responsible for the transportation of goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies, in two of the ten trucks that were also hijacked in Ukraine a while ago, told APA that Transimpeks LTD, which owns the trucks, is believed to have been involved in this incident.
“Unfortunately, local law-enforcement agencies don’t deal with this matter seriously and there is no result. We think that the truck owners who are suspected of hijacking them are serving to a common network. We, Azerbaijani businessmen, are very concerned by it. Though we have appealed to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Ukraine, there is no result”, he said.
Earlier, 10 trucks loaded with goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies were hijacked in Ukraine’s Khmelnytsk and Chernihiv oblasts.
- 21.09.2017Criminal case initiated against officials of Azerbaijan State Economic University
- 21.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Balakan
- 21.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017Court gives Akif Chovdarov time for final statement
- 19.09.2017Ten people suffer minor smoke inhalation after fire at warehouse of cosmetics factory in Baku
- 18.09.2017Akif Chovdarov's lawyer makes speech at trial
- 16.09.2017Tofig Zulfugarov: ‘I have been involved in the investigation on this traffic accident as a witness’
- 15.09.2017Human rights defenders issue statement on release of a group of persons
- 15.09.2017Son of Baku City Main Police Department spokesman arrested over fatal road accident
- 15.09.2017APFP chairman’s assistant released from prison
- 14.09.2017Another four people arrested over Nardaran events released
- 13.09.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother arrives in Baku
- 12.09.2017Lapshin’s mother to arrive in Baku, blogger to be sent to Israel in coming days
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani citizen killed in Tbilisi
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev pardons Alexander Lapshin
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan detained 47 trespassers last month
- 11.09.2017Moldovan embassy car crashes in Baku
- 07.09.2017Another meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 05.09.2017Forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala fully brought under control
- 05.09.2017Fire in territory of Shahdag National Park extinguished
- 04.09.2017Meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fire in Azerbaijan's Gabala
- 04.09.2017Forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala brought under control
- 04.09.2017Efforts underway to extinguish forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 01.09.2017MENR chooses emergency mode as fires continue in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Fire localized in Georgia’s Abastumani, Azerbaijan actively involved in ops
- 31.08.2017Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Oghuz
- 31.08.2017Consul: Mother of Azerbaijani athlete killed in road accident in Lebanon will fly to Beirut
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter joins operation to extinguish forest fires in Georgia
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan again sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 29.08.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 29.08.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security during Eid al-Adha holidays
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighting and rescue forces return home from Georgia
- 28.08.2017Last victim of weapons storage fire in Azerbaijan discharged from hospital
- 28.08.2017Suspected terrorist eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 27.08.2017Fire at military unit of Defense Ministry localized and prevented from spreading
- 27.08.2017Special commission set up under Azerbaijani president's instructions to determine cause of fire at weapons storage
- 27.08.2017Immediate measures are being taken at the scene of the incident
- 27.08.2017Fire breaks out at weapons storage in Azerbaijan
- 26.08.2017Prime Minister of Georgia met with helicopter crew of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan
- 25.08.2017Two killed as car hits pedestrians in Tovuz
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three