Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Poltava, Khmelnitsky, Vinnytsia and other provinces of Ukraine, including Kiev, APA has learned.
The head of Sufaris-Transport company carrying out the transportation of one of the trucks, Subhan Sariyev, told APA that a truck carrying butter of Azerbaijani-investment Dapna LTD disappeared in Poltava.
Sariyev noted that the truck driver, Olexandr Simishko, was found and handed over to the police.
“The driver’s testimony revealed interesting facts. He said there was malfunction in the truck, when it departed. As the owner of the vehicle Sergey Mikhayluk was abroad, he called supervisor Kiril, who told him to give the truck to him and wait. No news came in of Kiril or the car,” he added.
Dmitry Mikhaylus, responsible for a truck carrying raw material for canning to an Azerbaijani company, told APA that one of their trucks was hijacked in Khmelnitsky and another in Vinnytsia province.
“The cargo was probably stolen by the Ukrainian owners of the trucks. “Each cargo was worth approximately 300,000 dollars,” he noted.
Afiq Safarov, Azersun Holding spokesman told APA that the goods carried by one of the trucks belong to the company.
Safarov said that he didn’t know what the goods were. According to Safarov, they are informed that trucks transporting goods belonging to other Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Ukraine.
The chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine’s Ivano-Frankivsk oblast, Matlab Najafov, who was responsible for the transportation of goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies, in two of the ten trucks that were also hijacked in Ukraine a while ago, told APA that Transimpeks LTD, which owns the trucks, is believed to have been involved in this incident.
“Unfortunately, local law-enforcement agencies don’t deal with this matter seriously and there is no result. We think that the truck owners who are suspected of hijacking them are serving to a common network. We, Azerbaijani businessmen, are very concerned by it. Though we have appealed to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Ukraine, there is no result”, he said.
Earlier, 10 trucks loaded with goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies were hijacked in Ukraine’s Khmelnytsk and Chernihiv oblasts.
- 22.02.2018Supreme Court commences hearing on appeal of Taleh Baghirov and others
- 22.02.2018Investigator: Eduard Grigoryan, arrested for Sumgayit events, handed over to Armenia in 1991
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan: USSR Prosecutor General's Office did not investigate Sumgayit events objectively
- 22.02.2018Sumgayit events masterminded by Armenians and foreign special services, investigator says
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan: Investigation proves Sumgayit events committed by Armenian separatist forces
- 21.02.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan’s Guba continues
- 21.02.2018Baku Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case after landslide on Bayil slope
- 21.02.2018Court denies appeal filed by Giyas Ibraimov and his father
- 20.02.2018One of Azerbaijanis injured in Russia apartment fire dies
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek, Kyrgyz citizens for attempting to illegally cross border with Iran
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Azerbaijani women sentenced to life in prison for collaborating with ISIL
- 19.02.2018Fire breaks out in former Azerbaijani transport minister’s house
- 19.02.2018Chairman of the State Committee for City Building and Architecture of Azerbaijan dies
- 17.02.2018Man detained for pretending to be Security Service official
- 17.02.2018Suspect in murder of woman whose body was found chopped into pieces in Baku detained
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09.02.2018Criminal gang leader declared wanted by Azerbaijan 20 years ago detained in Moscow
- 09.02.2018Illegal migrants detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Violations revealed in work of 24 municipalities in Azerbaijan last year
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted by Russia killed in Mosul
- 03.02.2018Five poisoned by smoke in fire at residential building in Baku
- 01.02.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on charges of joining illegal armed groups
- 01.02.2018Baku woman steals $58,000 from her own home
- 31.01.2018UXOs found in Goranboy
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek citizens over attempt to illegally cross border with Iran
- 29.01.20183 Arabs detained in Azerbaijan for illegal hunting
- 29.01.2018Above 300 Azerbaijanis reportedly killed in battles in Syria, Iraq – State Committee
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: Prosecuting authorities are successfully fulfilling president’s task on humanization of punishment policy
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: 418 unsolved crimes have been solved
- 27.01.2018Azerbaijani MES issues statement on fire outbreak incident in Baku
- 26.01.2018ANAMA finds 20 UXOs in Aghstafa
- 26.01.2018Georgia initiates criminal prosecution against Azerbaijani transplant surgeon
- 26.01.2018Baku police kill man who showed armed resistance
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani MES reveals number of emergency situations in 2017
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three