Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Poltava, Khmelnitsky, Vinnytsia and other provinces of Ukraine, including Kiev, APA has learned.
The head of Sufaris-Transport company carrying out the transportation of one of the trucks, Subhan Sariyev, told APA that a truck carrying butter of Azerbaijani-investment Dapna LTD disappeared in Poltava.
Sariyev noted that the truck driver, Olexandr Simishko, was found and handed over to the police.
“The driver’s testimony revealed interesting facts. He said there was malfunction in the truck, when it departed. As the owner of the vehicle Sergey Mikhayluk was abroad, he called supervisor Kiril, who told him to give the truck to him and wait. No news came in of Kiril or the car,” he added.
Dmitry Mikhaylus, responsible for a truck carrying raw material for canning to an Azerbaijani company, told APA that one of their trucks was hijacked in Khmelnitsky and another in Vinnytsia province.
“The cargo was probably stolen by the Ukrainian owners of the trucks. “Each cargo was worth approximately 300,000 dollars,” he noted.
Afiq Safarov, Azersun Holding spokesman told APA that the goods carried by one of the trucks belong to the company.
Safarov said that he didn’t know what the goods were. According to Safarov, they are informed that trucks transporting goods belonging to other Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Ukraine.
The chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine’s Ivano-Frankivsk oblast, Matlab Najafov, who was responsible for the transportation of goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies, in two of the ten trucks that were also hijacked in Ukraine a while ago, told APA that Transimpeks LTD, which owns the trucks, is believed to have been involved in this incident.
“Unfortunately, local law-enforcement agencies don’t deal with this matter seriously and there is no result. We think that the truck owners who are suspected of hijacking them are serving to a common network. We, Azerbaijani businessmen, are very concerned by it. Though we have appealed to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Ukraine, there is no result”, he said.
Earlier, 10 trucks loaded with goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies were hijacked in Ukraine’s Khmelnytsk and Chernihiv oblasts.
- 27.05.2017Anti-pedestrian mine found in Jojuq Marjanli
- 27.05.2017One-year-old boy dies after being hit by dad’s car in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2017SSS head: No provocation committed during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 27.05.2017State Security Service transferred information about spy network to Defense Ministry - minister
- 26.05.2017APFP deputy chairperson Gozal Bayramli detained: State Border Service
- 25.05.2017Headquarters: Another body found in Caspian Sea
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan police detain two charged with making counterfeit money
- 24.05.2017Inmate hangs himself in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Baku 2017 winners and their coaches
- 20.05.2017Traffic to be restricted in Baku on day of closing of Islamic Solidarity Games
- 20.05.2017Man shooting 26-year-old youth detained in Baku
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani accused of killing Ukrainian kickboxer standing trial
- 19.05.2017Prosecutor seeks 14-year sentence for Vidadi Zeynalov
- 18.05.2017Trial continues in case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 17.05.2017Baku court resumes trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 15.05.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijani SSS launches investigation into reports of persons who collaborated with liquidated MNS
- 13.05.2017Terrific road accident kills 4 in Yevlakh
- 11.05.2017Another earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijanis detained after incident with Armenians in St. Petersburg march released
- 08.05.2017Terrific road accident kills 4 in Nakhcivan
- 03.05.2017Colonel Ilgar Aliyev, who committed suicide, revealed to have testified against Eldar Mahmudov and Elchin Guliyev
- 03.05.2017Vidadi Zeynalov: I have fulfilled tasks set by ministry leadership - UPDATED
- 03.05.2017Earthquake hits Dagestan, tremors felt in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala
- 02.05.2017Azerbaijan eliminates armed trespasser
- 02.05.2017Mud volcano erupts in Baku suburb
- 01.05.2017Justice Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office release joint statement on Mehman Galandarov’s death
- 01.05.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 01.05.2017Baku man detained for extorting money from businessmen by blackmailing on social networks
- 29.04.2017Former deputy head of Azerbaijan’s Khazar district executive authority recognized as victim in case of MNS ex-official
- 28.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 28.04.2017Russian court pronounces verdict in case against two Azerbaijanis accused of kidnapping
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani MNS ex-official: 2 mln manats taken from budget sent to Eldar Mahmudov
- 27.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-general
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime
- 24.04.2017Former MNS general to stand trial this week
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three