Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Poltava, Khmelnitsky, Vinnytsia and other provinces of Ukraine, including Kiev, APA has learned.
The head of Sufaris-Transport company carrying out the transportation of one of the trucks, Subhan Sariyev, told APA that a truck carrying butter of Azerbaijani-investment Dapna LTD disappeared in Poltava.
Sariyev noted that the truck driver, Olexandr Simishko, was found and handed over to the police.
“The driver’s testimony revealed interesting facts. He said there was malfunction in the truck, when it departed. As the owner of the vehicle Sergey Mikhayluk was abroad, he called supervisor Kiril, who told him to give the truck to him and wait. No news came in of Kiril or the car,” he added.
Dmitry Mikhaylus, responsible for a truck carrying raw material for canning to an Azerbaijani company, told APA that one of their trucks was hijacked in Khmelnitsky and another in Vinnytsia province.
“The cargo was probably stolen by the Ukrainian owners of the trucks. “Each cargo was worth approximately 300,000 dollars,” he noted.
Afiq Safarov, Azersun Holding spokesman told APA that the goods carried by one of the trucks belong to the company.
Safarov said that he didn’t know what the goods were. According to Safarov, they are informed that trucks transporting goods belonging to other Azerbaijani companies have been hijacked in Ukraine.
The chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine’s Ivano-Frankivsk oblast, Matlab Najafov, who was responsible for the transportation of goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies, in two of the ten trucks that were also hijacked in Ukraine a while ago, told APA that Transimpeks LTD, which owns the trucks, is believed to have been involved in this incident.
“Unfortunately, local law-enforcement agencies don’t deal with this matter seriously and there is no result. We think that the truck owners who are suspected of hijacking them are serving to a common network. We, Azerbaijani businessmen, are very concerned by it. Though we have appealed to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Ukraine, there is no result”, he said.
Earlier, 10 trucks loaded with goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies were hijacked in Ukraine’s Khmelnytsk and Chernihiv oblasts.
- 24.04.2017Former MNS general to stand trial this week
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 20.04.201738 criminal groups rendered harmless in Baku in 1Q 2017
- 19.04.2017Preliminary investigation into case of APFP chairman’s assistant completed
- 19.04.2017Judicial investigation into criminal case of Azerbaijan’s ex-heath minister completed
- 19.04.2017Baku Court of Appeal begins trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 19.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed due to absence of judge
- 19.04.2017Moscow police detain Azerbaijani man suspected of opening fire on his compatriot’s car
- 18.04.2017162 dead in road accidents in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 17.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Man killed in horrific car crash in Baku turns out to be a victim in Akif Chovdarov’s case
- 17.04.2017Illegal firearm and ammunition seized from Barda resident’s house
- 14.04.2017Fire occurs in Baby House, 18 babies rescued
- 14.04.2017Three people killed in car crash in Baku identified - UPDATED
- 13.04.2017Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov arrested on drug charges in Azerbaijan standing trial
- 12.04.2017Criminal case opened over building collapse in Baku
- 12.04.2017Two dead, four injured after building collapses in Baku - UPDATED
- 12.04.2017Truck carrying medications worth €170,000 from Austria to Azerbaijan hijacked in Ukraine
- 12.04.2017Haji Javad mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky unregistered – deputy police chief
- 09.04.2017Another body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 08.04.2017Azerbaijani customs officers prevent illegal import of a statue of historical significance
- 08.04.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 07.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 07.04.2017Prison term of former MNS general and others extended
- 07.04.2017Elnur Huseynzade's pretrial detention extended
- 06.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Baku police detain man suspected of stealing metal fences, crosses from cemetery
- 30.03.2017Interior Ministry: Mass destruction of graves in Baku Christian cemetery out of the question
- 30.03.2017One of three Azerbaijanis arrested in Libya on smuggling charges dies
- 30.03.2017Truck-car collision in Azerbaijan leaves one dead, two injured
- 28.03.2017Business partner of former Azerbaijani minister’s son on Interpol wanted list
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry comments on death of detainee at police department - UPDATED
- 24.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets mother
- 24.03.201710 died, 39 injured in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 23.03.2017Two detained in Baku on suspicion of hooligan acts against Iranian citizen
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijani man commits suicide after murdering mother
- 22.03.2017Road accident in Barda claims lives of two, other four injured
- 22.03.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified: Headquarters
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three