Criminal cases initiated on causalities caused by Armenia’s shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Criminal cases have been initiated on causalities caused by Armenia’s shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district, read a joint statement of the Aghdam District Prosecutor’s Office and Police Office.
The statement reads below
Several settlements, including the villages of Sarichoban, Ahmedaghali, Orta Garvand, Garadaghli and Safarli of Aghdam were subjected to intensive artillery shelling by Armenians armed forced on April 4.
Resident of the Sarichoban village, Ilgar Jafarov, 47, was hospitalized with shrapnel wounds as three shells exploded in the village at about 16:00 PM.
Resident of the Ahmadaghali village, Garash Dadashov, 62, died of shrapnel wounds after an Armenian-fired shell exploded near a mosque in the village at about 17:00 PM.
Residents of Orta Garvand – Rashad Heydarov, 27, and Farhad Heydarov, 48, were hospitalized with shrapnel wounds after artillery shelling hit the village.
At about 20:00 PM, the squad leader of district fire protection department, Mustafayev Akif Musa, 42, received shrapnel wounds while extinguishing the fire in a house in the Garadaghli village which burned as a result of Armenian-fired shelling.
Resident of the Safarli village, Pakiza Maharramova, 26, was wounded by artillery shelling fired by Armenian troops.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018Pistol found in Baku cemetery
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan concludes investigation of 214 criminal cases against 305 officials in 2017
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Department names most corrupted spheres
- 17.01.2018Russian scientist returns home after detention in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Three injured as car carrying Arab tourists overturns in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan puts 34 people on Interpol wanted list on corruption charges
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Dept: Properties worth AZN 15 mln of people accused of corruption seized
- 16.01.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018More details emerge of detention of Russian scientist in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Interior Minister: 1,028 criminal groups accused of committing 2,698 crimes neutralized in Azerbaijan last year
- 13.01.2018Artillery shells found in Aghdam’s Guzanli
- 13.01.2018Attic of residential house collapses in Shirvan, one person gets stuck under
- 13.01.2018Two detained in Azerbaijan over hoax call about terror attack, police say
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijani police seize over 5.5 kg of drugs
- 12.01.2018Afgan Mukhtarli sentenced to 6 years in prison - UPDATED
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani custom officers prevent sturgeon smuggling
- 11.01.2018Border guards detain three persons who tried to illegally leave Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Vehicle carrying film crew of Azerbaijani TV channel crashes into barrier
- 09.01.2018Austrian mountaineer says 'it would be easier to find missing Azerbaijani climbers if they equipped with special devices'
- 09.01.2018Deputy Minister: Sports club directly responsible for not providing missing mountaineers with necessary equipment
- 09.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijani mountaineers will continue – ministry
- 09.01.2018Operational headquarters created to conduct search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan holds meeting
- 09.01.2018Iranian woman, daughter detained at Baku airport with fake passports
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case after mountain climbers go missing - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan hit by earthquake
- 05.01.2018Baku police detain persons over false notification of bomb threat in hotel and storage
- 05.01.2018Prosecutor General: Persons accused of committing most resonant crimes in Azerbaijan last year exposed
- 04.01.20189 killed, 45 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents during holidays
- 03.01.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges
- 30.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers
- 30.12.2017Cybercriminal who stole money from Azerbaijani banks detained and extradited to Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2017ANAMA specialists involved in search for missing mountain climbers
- 29.12.2017Bodies of Azerbaijanis killed in car crash in Russia brought to homeland
- 29.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Additional rescue team joins search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Search underway for missing climbers in Azerbaijan, special headquarters set up
- 27.12.2017One of missing Azerbaijani climbers is employee of Interior Ministry’s press service
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani MES releases information on missing mountain climbers
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijan businessman and son die in car crash in Russia
- 23.12.20174-magnitude quake hits Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 06.04.2016Azerbaijan initiates criminal case against persons organizing unauthorized int’l phone calls
- 08.04.2016Prosecutor demands 10 years in prison for former deputy defense minister of Azerbaijan
- 08.04.2016Azerbaijan State Commission launches hotline call service regarding latest developments on contact line
- 05.04.2016Azerbaijan initiates criminal case on death of 16-year old girl in Armenian artillery shelling
- 05.04.2016Armenian artillery shelling leaves 16-year old Azerbaijani girl dead
- 04.04.2016Azerbaijan sends plane to Turkmenistan for missing oilman’s body