Criminal cases initiated on causalities caused by Armenia’s shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Criminal cases have been initiated on causalities caused by Armenia’s shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district, read a joint statement of the Aghdam District Prosecutor’s Office and Police Office.
The statement reads below
Several settlements, including the villages of Sarichoban, Ahmedaghali, Orta Garvand, Garadaghli and Safarli of Aghdam were subjected to intensive artillery shelling by Armenians armed forced on April 4.
Resident of the Sarichoban village, Ilgar Jafarov, 47, was hospitalized with shrapnel wounds as three shells exploded in the village at about 16:00 PM.
Resident of the Ahmadaghali village, Garash Dadashov, 62, died of shrapnel wounds after an Armenian-fired shell exploded near a mosque in the village at about 17:00 PM.
Residents of Orta Garvand – Rashad Heydarov, 27, and Farhad Heydarov, 48, were hospitalized with shrapnel wounds after artillery shelling hit the village.
At about 20:00 PM, the squad leader of district fire protection department, Mustafayev Akif Musa, 42, received shrapnel wounds while extinguishing the fire in a house in the Garadaghli village which burned as a result of Armenian-fired shelling.
Resident of the Safarli village, Pakiza Maharramova, 26, was wounded by artillery shelling fired by Armenian troops.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani citizen detained while attempting to smuggle 40kg of jewelry to Georgia
- 22.03.2018Prisoner’s brother attempts to carry narcotic substance inside his nose to prison
- 22.03.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards prevent another drug smuggling attempt
- 20.03.2018Bulgarian and Azerbaijani citizens die in car crash in Goygol
- 20.03.2018Car crashes into tree, 2 dead and 3 injured
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes 44 foreigners for drug trafficking in 2017
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two suspected drug smugglers
- 19.03.2018Baku police seize nearly 36 kg of drugs in two days
- 16.03.2018Six people killed in car crash on Aghsu-Kurdamir highway
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan puts gang member accused of killing hostage on Interpol wanted list
- 16.03.2018Criminal case against ex-chairman of management board of Azerbaijani bank sent to court
- 15.03.2018Trial resumed for ex-employees of Azerbaijani National Security Ministry
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service reveals gang engaged in illegal human organ trade
- 14.03.2018Cyber-swindler detained in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Five Azerbaijani families may be evicted from their homes in Tbilisi
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani Coast Guard rescues fishermen from stormy sea
- 12.03.2018Iranian citizens detained in Baku over smuggling of drugs
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling attempt
- 12.03.2018Fishermen rescued from sea in adverse weather
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan detains four foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 09.03.2018Two Azerbaijani citizens detained in Kiev
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two Iranians for maritime trespassing
- 07.03.2018Members of extremist religious group eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018Russian citizen suspected of murder detained at Azerbaijani-Georgian border
- 06.03.2018Quake hits Caspian Sea
- 06.03.2018Fire at Baku drug rehab center was arson, one arrested
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office releases information on death of 6 family members in Sumgayit
- 05.03.2018Six family members die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2018Hotline created in connection with Drug Rehab Center fire in Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2018Testimony by AzTV chairman during preliminary investigation made public
- 02.03.2018Famous Azerbaijani journalist dies from carbon monoxide poisoning
- 02.03.2018Azerbaijan sets up State Commission in connection with Drug Rehab Center fire
- 02.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev instructs to investigate causes of fire in drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.201825 people killed in fire outbreak in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.201843 fire engines involved in extinguishing fire in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.2018Fire outbreak in Azerbaijani drug abuse treatment center kills 24 people - UPDATED
- 02.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives at Drug Abuse Treatment Center after fire outbreak
- 02.03.2018Azerbaijani officials arrive at Baku Drug Abuse Treatment Center after fire outbreak
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal cases against some construction companies for labor law violations
- 01.03.2018Two persons accused of theft in apartment of building constructed for journalists in Baku detained
- 06.04.2016Azerbaijan initiates criminal case against persons organizing unauthorized int’l phone calls
- 08.04.2016Prosecutor demands 10 years in prison for former deputy defense minister of Azerbaijan
- 08.04.2016Azerbaijan State Commission launches hotline call service regarding latest developments on contact line
- 05.04.2016Azerbaijan initiates criminal case on death of 16-year old girl in Armenian artillery shelling
- 05.04.2016Armenian artillery shelling leaves 16-year old Azerbaijani girl dead
- 04.04.2016Azerbaijan sends plane to Turkmenistan for missing oilman’s body