Criminal cases initiated on causalities caused by Armenia’s shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Criminal cases have been initiated on causalities caused by Armenia’s shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district, read a joint statement of the Aghdam District Prosecutor’s Office and Police Office.
The statement reads below
Several settlements, including the villages of Sarichoban, Ahmedaghali, Orta Garvand, Garadaghli and Safarli of Aghdam were subjected to intensive artillery shelling by Armenians armed forced on April 4.
Resident of the Sarichoban village, Ilgar Jafarov, 47, was hospitalized with shrapnel wounds as three shells exploded in the village at about 16:00 PM.
Resident of the Ahmadaghali village, Garash Dadashov, 62, died of shrapnel wounds after an Armenian-fired shell exploded near a mosque in the village at about 17:00 PM.
Residents of Orta Garvand – Rashad Heydarov, 27, and Farhad Heydarov, 48, were hospitalized with shrapnel wounds after artillery shelling hit the village.
At about 20:00 PM, the squad leader of district fire protection department, Mustafayev Akif Musa, 42, received shrapnel wounds while extinguishing the fire in a house in the Garadaghli village which burned as a result of Armenian-fired shelling.
Resident of the Safarli village, Pakiza Maharramova, 26, was wounded by artillery shelling fired by Armenian troops.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani citizen gets 21 years in prison for murdering two in Russia
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office initiates criminal case against two escaped convicts - UPDATED-2
- 23.10.2017Woman attempts to break into Azerbaijani embassy in Moscow
- 23.10.2017Inmate dies of illness in Azerbaijan
- 19.10.2017Car belonging to EU Delegation in Azerbaijan crashes in Baku
- 19.10.2017Suspects in murder of Iranian student in Baku involved in another crime, law enforcement say
- 19.10.2017Baku police arrest man who stole safe containing large amount of cash nine years ago
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani Security Service seizes counterfeit excise stamps
- 17.10.2017Five arrested for murdering Iranian student in Azerbaijan
- 17.10.201740 unexploded shells found in Azerbaijan’s Sumgayit
- 17.10.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on appeal of Vidadi Zeynalov
- 17.10.2017ANAMA: Demining ops launched after weapons storage blast in Khizi to be completed by year-end
- 16.10.2017Worker dies after falling into elevator shaft into SOCAR administrative building
- 14.10.2017Truck carrying passenger vehicles over overturns in Azerbaijan’s Salyan
- 14.10.2017US Embassy car involved in accident in Baku
- 13.10.2017Unexploded ammunition found in Baku
- 13.10.2017Person accused of committing grave crime in Ukraine detained aboard Kyiv-Baku flight
- 13.10.2017Court extends Afgan Mukhtarli’s pretrial detention
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijani court issues verdict against Ramin Hajili and others who sought to get U.S. visa with fake documents
- 12.10.2017Supreme Court considers appeal by IBA ex-chairman
- 11.10.2017Brother of Abulfaz Elchibey dies
- 09.10.2017Banking-related criminal cases submitted to courts in Azerbaijan increase in numbers
- 09.10.2017Mother, underage son die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Baku
- 09.10.2017Kazakh military attaché involved in car crash in Baku
- 04.10.2017US Embassy car involved in accident in Baku
- 04.10.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for acquittal - UPDATED-1
- 04.10.2017Akif Chovdarov making final statement at trial
- 04.10.2017Prosecutor seeks 12-year sentence for man accused of planning terror attacks in Azerbaijani universities
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian citizens rescued after being trapped in Shamakhi mountains identified
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian tourists trapped in Shamakhi mountains rescued - UPDATED-3
- 03.10.2017Baku Appellate Court considers appeal filed against verdict on Vidadi Zeynalov
- 02.10.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 02.10.2017Four Azerbaijanis die in Ukraine hostel fire
- 27.09.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for time to prepare for final statement
- 27.09.2017Hijab problem arises in Azerbaijani school in Georgia
- 26.09.2017Another IBA official charged with embezzlement standing trial
- 26.09.2017ANAMA: Clearance operation in area polluted after explosion at Khizi weapons storage will take long time
- 25.09.2017Emergency Situations Ministry releases statement on fire in building of BP’s Baku office - UPDATED
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan’s consul in Iraq visits child found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Criminal case initiated against officials of Azerbaijan State Economic University
- 06.04.2016Azerbaijan initiates criminal case against persons organizing unauthorized int’l phone calls
- 08.04.2016Prosecutor demands 10 years in prison for former deputy defense minister of Azerbaijan
- 08.04.2016Azerbaijan State Commission launches hotline call service regarding latest developments on contact line
- 05.04.2016Azerbaijan initiates criminal case on death of 16-year old girl in Armenian artillery shelling
- 05.04.2016Armenian artillery shelling leaves 16-year old Azerbaijani girl dead
- 04.04.2016Azerbaijan sends plane to Turkmenistan for missing oilman’s body