Business partner of former Azerbaijani minister’s son on Interpol wanted list
Azerbaijan’s law-enforcement authorities have issued an international arrest warrant for Ayaz Karimov (1972), who was a business partner of former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov’s son, says a notice published on Interpol’s wanted list, APA reported.
The director of Caspian Telecommunications LLC, Ayaz Karimov, is charged with abuse of power and seizure of property of others.
Earlier, a court had passed a decision to arrest Karimov’s property.
The plot of land he owns in Absheron district was priced at 70,000 manats, his Harley Davidson motorcycle at 12,500 manats, Maserati Quatroporte, registered as the property of AKEY LLC, at 155,733 manats and Jaguar XJ at 140,529 manats.
Caspian Telecommunications won several tenders held by the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies.
Ayaz Karimov is said to be a close friend and business partner of Anar Mahmudov, son of former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov.
On December 16, 2015, Baku’s Binagadi district court passed a decision to prosecute Karimov as an accused person under Article 312.2 (presentation of a bribe to official for commitment of obviously illegal actions (inaction) by him or repeated presentation of a bribe) on the criminal case filed over the violations in the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies. Karimov was declared wanted and arrested in absentia by the court decision dated 17 December 2015, as he had evaded from the investigation.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 18.11.2017Quake jolts Azerbaijan’s south
- 17.11.2017Landslide in Baku, worker trapped under mud rescued - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Preliminary information on earthquake reveals no casualty - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijani regions - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017General Prosecutor's Office: Stones were thrown at a bus in Sumgayit
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen murders his fellow countryman in Moscow, confirm law enforcement
- 13.11.2017Two embassy cars collide in Baku
- 13.11.2017Prosecutor seeks 15-year jail sentence for ex-official of MNS
- 13.11.2017Kidnappers detained in Azerbaijan
- 11.11.2017Armenian-made landmine found in Aghdam
- 11.11.2017Man who left his sister with Iranian drug dealers as pledge gets arrested attempting to enter Azerbaijan with a large amount of narcotics
- 11.11.2017Two fishermen go missing in Caspian
- 11.11.2017MES: During fire in residential building 15 rescued and 20 evacuated
- 10.11.2017Fire breaks out in apartment building in Baku
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan’s former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov questioned again
- 10.11.2017Fire in Baku business center extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Police raid car showrooms owned by Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 07.11.2017Vugar Mahmudov fails to file appeal against court decision
- 04.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen suspected of treason detained
- 02.11.2017Two Azerbaijanis who killed a man suspected of involvement in Rovshan Lankaransky’s murder detained Russia
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on special op to catch second escaped convict
- 02.11.2017Criminal case against Turan News Agency and Mehman Aliyev terminated
- 01.11.2017Recent prisoner escape discussed at Azerbaijani Justice Ministry’s collegium meeting
- 31.10.2017Employees of Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service arrested over prisoner escape face additional charge
- 30.10.2017Akif Chovdarov and others' property worth AZN 33M to be confiscated
- 30.10.2017Court to send appeal to Azerbaijani president to strip Akif Chovdarov of general rank
- 30.10.2017Ex-official of Azerbaijan’s national security ministry jailed for 12 years - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani singer arrested for helping prisoners escape
- 30.10.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia
- 27.10.2017Baku City Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case over sale of prohibited medicines in unlicensed pharmacy
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 26.10.2017Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
- 25.10.2017Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service seizes over $71,000 from currency smugglers
- 30.03.2017Truck-car collision in Azerbaijan leaves one dead, two injured
- 30.03.2017One of three Azerbaijanis arrested in Libya on smuggling charges dies
- 30.03.2017Interior Ministry: Mass destruction of graves in Baku Christian cemetery out of the question
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry comments on death of detainee at police department - UPDATED
- 24.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets mother
- 24.03.201710 died, 39 injured in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays