MOE released information on fire in “Sovetski” area - UPDATE-2
The Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan released information in connection with a fire in a residential house in Baku.
After the liquidation of the fire, firefighters found burned body of Lilia Khazibova Mikhailovna, 48 in the house. Two people were rescued; the nearby buildings were secured from the fire. L. Khazibova’s body was taken out by Special Risk Rescue Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations.
"The information on the fire came at 17:01. Fire brigades were immediately sent to the scene," said chief of staff of the State Fire Protection Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations Akbar Novruzov, APA reports.
According to him, 13 vehicles and 90 people of staff were involved to extinguish the fire: "The fire occurred in the courtyard common, in two and three storey buildings with wooden construction. During the fire 4 people were rescued and the body of a woman was found under the rubble. Two men and two women among the survivors, two of them are patients with bed rest. The fire was extinguished within 35-40 minutes. The cause of the fire is being clarified. Currently, work is underway on the analysis of structures."
The fire that broke out in a three-storey residential building in Baku’s Sovetski area has been extinguished.
A fire broke out in a house in the Sovetski area of Baku, near the Academic National Drama Theatre.
Firefighters of the Ministry of Emergency Situations have arrived at the area.
An APA correspondent to the site says a woman (Liliya Mikhaylovna Khazibova, 1969) has died in the fire.
Another woman (Raisa Abutalibova 1935) was poised with smoke inhalation but came to after doctors provided first aid to her.
Efforts are continuing to extinguish the fire.
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime
- 24.04.2017Former MNS general to stand trial this week
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 20.04.201738 criminal groups rendered harmless in Baku in 1Q 2017
- 19.04.2017Preliminary investigation into case of APFP chairman’s assistant completed
- 19.04.2017Judicial investigation into criminal case of Azerbaijan’s ex-heath minister completed
- 19.04.2017Baku Court of Appeal begins trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 19.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed due to absence of judge
- 19.04.2017Moscow police detain Azerbaijani man suspected of opening fire on his compatriot’s car
- 18.04.2017162 dead in road accidents in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 17.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Man killed in horrific car crash in Baku turns out to be a victim in Akif Chovdarov’s case
- 17.04.2017Illegal firearm and ammunition seized from Barda resident’s house
- 14.04.2017Fire occurs in Baby House, 18 babies rescued
- 14.04.2017Three people killed in car crash in Baku identified - UPDATED
- 13.04.2017Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov arrested on drug charges in Azerbaijan standing trial
- 12.04.2017Criminal case opened over building collapse in Baku
- 12.04.2017Two dead, four injured after building collapses in Baku - UPDATED
- 12.04.2017Truck carrying medications worth €170,000 from Austria to Azerbaijan hijacked in Ukraine
- 12.04.2017Haji Javad mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky unregistered – deputy police chief
- 09.04.2017Another body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 08.04.2017Azerbaijani customs officers prevent illegal import of a statue of historical significance
- 08.04.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified as missing Azerbaijani oilman
- 07.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 07.04.2017Prison term of former MNS general and others extended
- 07.04.2017Elnur Huseynzade's pretrial detention extended
- 06.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Baku police detain man suspected of stealing metal fences, crosses from cemetery
- 05.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues - UPDATED
- 05.04.2017Man suspected of stealing bag with 4,000 euros at Baku airport detained
- 05.04.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 04.04.2017Eight more trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani woman confirmed dead in St. Petersburg metro blast - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Fire breaks out in "Taza Bazar" market in Baku
- 01.04.2017Car rolls down bridge in Baku killing two, injuring three
- 30.03.2017Interior Ministry: Mass destruction of graves in Baku Christian cemetery out of the question
- 30.03.2017One of three Azerbaijanis arrested in Libya on smuggling charges dies
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia for drug offences
- 30.01.2017140 inmates and detainees died in Azerbaijan last year
- 01.02.2017Four terrorists eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Over 930 kg of drugs seized in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Over 1,000 criminal groups detained in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Donald Trump ready to lift anti-Russian sanctions