MOE released information on fire in “Sovetski” area - UPDATE-2
The Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan released information in connection with a fire in a residential house in Baku.
After the liquidation of the fire, firefighters found burned body of Lilia Khazibova Mikhailovna, 48 in the house. Two people were rescued; the nearby buildings were secured from the fire. L. Khazibova’s body was taken out by Special Risk Rescue Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations.
"The information on the fire came at 17:01. Fire brigades were immediately sent to the scene," said chief of staff of the State Fire Protection Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations Akbar Novruzov, APA reports.
According to him, 13 vehicles and 90 people of staff were involved to extinguish the fire: "The fire occurred in the courtyard common, in two and three storey buildings with wooden construction. During the fire 4 people were rescued and the body of a woman was found under the rubble. Two men and two women among the survivors, two of them are patients with bed rest. The fire was extinguished within 35-40 minutes. The cause of the fire is being clarified. Currently, work is underway on the analysis of structures."
The fire that broke out in a three-storey residential building in Baku’s Sovetski area has been extinguished.
A fire broke out in a house in the Sovetski area of Baku, near the Academic National Drama Theatre.
Firefighters of the Ministry of Emergency Situations have arrived at the area.
An APA correspondent to the site says a woman (Liliya Mikhaylovna Khazibova, 1969) has died in the fire.
Another woman (Raisa Abutalibova 1935) was poised with smoke inhalation but came to after doctors provided first aid to her.
Efforts are continuing to extinguish the fire.
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 30.05.2018Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia for drug offences
- 30.01.2017140 inmates and detainees died in Azerbaijan last year
- 01.02.2017Four terrorists eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Over 930 kg of drugs seized in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Over 1,000 criminal groups detained in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Donald Trump ready to lift anti-Russian sanctions