MOE released information on fire in “Sovetski” area - UPDATE-2
The Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan released information in connection with a fire in a residential house in Baku.
After the liquidation of the fire, firefighters found burned body of Lilia Khazibova Mikhailovna, 48 in the house. Two people were rescued; the nearby buildings were secured from the fire. L. Khazibova’s body was taken out by Special Risk Rescue Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations.
"The information on the fire came at 17:01. Fire brigades were immediately sent to the scene," said chief of staff of the State Fire Protection Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations Akbar Novruzov, APA reports.
According to him, 13 vehicles and 90 people of staff were involved to extinguish the fire: "The fire occurred in the courtyard common, in two and three storey buildings with wooden construction. During the fire 4 people were rescued and the body of a woman was found under the rubble. Two men and two women among the survivors, two of them are patients with bed rest. The fire was extinguished within 35-40 minutes. The cause of the fire is being clarified. Currently, work is underway on the analysis of structures."
The fire that broke out in a three-storey residential building in Baku’s Sovetski area has been extinguished.
A fire broke out in a house in the Sovetski area of Baku, near the Academic National Drama Theatre.
Firefighters of the Ministry of Emergency Situations have arrived at the area.
An APA correspondent to the site says a woman (Liliya Mikhaylovna Khazibova, 1969) has died in the fire.
Another woman (Raisa Abutalibova 1935) was poised with smoke inhalation but came to after doctors provided first aid to her.
Efforts are continuing to extinguish the fire.
- 28.02.2017Dead body found in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 28.02.2017Earthquake hits Armenia, tremors also felt in Azerbaijan
- 27.02.2017Akif Chovdrov’s trial continues Monday - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan arrests narcological dispensary chief physician on bribery charges
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan imposed AZN 85.4 mln fine for violation of traffic rules last year
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan punishes 330 police officers for offences
- 25.02.2017Police search for Ujar resident appropriating money of citizens for making fake visas
- 24.02.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens detained on charges of spying for foreign country
- 24.02.2017Police detain suspect in murder of two sisters in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 24.02.2017Alexander Lapshin meets new lawyer
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijani diaspora leader arrested in Russia
- 23.02.2017Family members killed in avalanche accident in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 22.02.2017Russian court pronounces verdict for Azerbaijanis accused of killing police colonel, his family members
- 22.02.2017Chovdarov’s attorneys submit to court news reports about victim
- 22.02.2017Three more inmates die in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2017One more Azerbaijani national killed in bus crash in Turkey’s Igdir identified - UPDATED-2
- 20.02.2017Trial postponed as Chovdarov’s health deteriorates
- 18.02.2017Body found in Caspian Sea identified as missing oil worker
- 18.02.2017Headquarters: Identity of body found in Caspian Sea is being investigated - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Avalanche hits mountain road in Azerbaijan, access to 8 villages interrupted
- 16.02.2017Ukraine opens criminal case over crimes against Azerbaijanis
- 15.02.2017Three killed after train hit car in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial resumed
- 14.02.2017Ex-general of Azerbaijani MNS insults journalists - UPDATED
- 13.02.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial resumed - UPDATED
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan detains another Cameroonian charged with fraud
- 08.02.2017134 people killed, 473 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan last year
- 07.02.2017Azerbaijan detains four foreigners on fraud charges
- 06.02.2017Mud volcano erupts in Baku suburb
- 04.02.2017Foreign currency smuggling from Azerbaijan to Turkey prevented
- 04.02.2017Azerbaijan registers 90 crimes in one day
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijani detained along with National Bank department director over bribery in Ukraine
- 02.02.2017Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijani citizen dies after falling off kindergarten roof in St. Petersburg
- 02.02.2017Fire broke out at residential building in Baku.
- 27.01.2017Company director gets 8 years over deadly high-rise fire in Baku
- 26.01.2017Psychotherapist Dayanat Rzayev commits suicide - UPDATED
- 25.01.2017Taleh Baghirov sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling
- 25.01.2017Ex-police officer commits suicide in Baku
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia for drug offences
- 30.01.2017140 inmates and detainees died in Azerbaijan last year
- 01.02.2017Four terrorists eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Over 930 kg of drugs seized in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Over 1,000 criminal groups detained in Azerbaijan last year
- 27.01.2017Donald Trump ready to lift anti-Russian sanctions