Baku police detain persons over false notification of bomb threat in hotel and storage
In the first few days of 2018, the Azerbaijani Interior Ministry’s 102 call center and local police have received two notifications of there being a bomb in a hotel and a storage in Baku.
Consequently, the anonymous callers were identified and detained by the police, the Interior Ministry’s press service told APA.
On January 2, an anonymous person reported that a bomb had been placed in a hotel in the Sabail district. However, the information could not be verified after a joint operation with law enforcement agencies.
In a joint operation, Baku City Main Police Department and the Sabail District Police Department detained 24-year-old Baku resident Elmar Gasimov as a suspect.
On January 3, an unidentified person who called the Interior Ministry’s 102 call center reported a bomb threat in a warehouse in the Nizami district in Baku. However, the information could not be verified after a joint operation with law enforcement agencies. 61-year-old Baku resident Hasan Ismayilov was detained by the police as a suspect.
A criminal case has been initiated against both persons under Article 216 (knowingly giving false information on terrorism) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan. A preventive measure in the form of arrest was chosen against the detainees.
The Interior Ministry’s press service warned that such actions, which cause anxiety among people, lead to criminal liability.
Related news releases
- 15.01.2018More details emerge of detention of Russian scientist in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Interior Minister: 1,028 criminal groups accused of committing 2,698 crimes neutralized in Azerbaijan last year
- 13.01.2018Artillery shells found in Aghdam’s Guzanli
- 13.01.2018Attic of residential house collapses in Shirvan, one person gets stuck under
- 13.01.2018Two detained in Azerbaijan over hoax call about terror attack, police say
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijani police seize over 5.5 kg of drugs
- 12.01.2018Afgan Mukhtarli sentenced to 6 years in prison - UPDATED
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani custom officers prevent sturgeon smuggling
- 11.01.2018Border guards detain three persons who tried to illegally leave Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Vehicle carrying film crew of Azerbaijani TV channel crashes into barrier
- 09.01.2018Austrian mountaineer says 'it would be easier to find missing Azerbaijani climbers if they equipped with special devices'
- 09.01.2018Deputy Minister: Sports club directly responsible for not providing missing mountaineers with necessary equipment
- 09.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijani mountaineers will continue – ministry
- 09.01.2018Operational headquarters created to conduct search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan holds meeting
- 30.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers
- 30.12.2017Cybercriminal who stole money from Azerbaijani banks detained and extradited to Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2017ANAMA specialists involved in search for missing mountain climbers
- 29.12.2017Bodies of Azerbaijanis killed in car crash in Russia brought to homeland
- 29.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Additional rescue team joins search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Search underway for missing climbers in Azerbaijan, special headquarters set up
- 27.12.2017One of missing Azerbaijani climbers is employee of Interior Ministry’s press service
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani MES releases information on missing mountain climbers
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijan businessman and son die in car crash in Russia
- 23.12.20174-magnitude quake hits Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 23.12.2017Accident in Ethylene-Propylene factory in Sumgayit kills one
- 22.12.2017Prosecutor General’s Office to investigate reasons for school principal’s suicide attempt in Goychay
- 21.12.2017Search ends at Baku Railway Station after hoax bomb call - UPDATED
- 20.12.2017Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges
- 20.12.2017Detainees attempt suicide inside police station in Azerbaijan
- 16.12.2017Georgia detains drug trafficker at border with Azerbaijan
- 15.12.2017Sri Lankan citizen dies in Azerbaijan’s tourism center
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani serviceman martyred in Armenian ceasefire violation laid to rest
- 14.12.2017181 UXOs found in Khizi
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol’s wanted list after falsifying documents for getting ‘political shelter’
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan Security Service: 16 terrorists eliminated while showing armed resistance
- 14.12.2017Safe containing AZN 100K stolen from Baku resident’s house
- 14.12.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: 1,442 people, including 423 children rendered first aid in emergencies this year
- 14.12.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: 12371 fire accidents recorded in Azerbaijan this year
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani MES: 296 people rescued from drowning this year
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan hit by earthquake
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case after mountain climbers go missing - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 09.01.2018Iranian woman, daughter detained at Baku airport with fake passports
- 05.01.2018Prosecutor General: Persons accused of committing most resonant crimes in Azerbaijan last year exposed
- 04.01.20189 killed, 45 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents during holidays
- 03.01.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges