Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Wednesday resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others, who are accused of the events of Nardaran.
At the hearing, judge Alovsat Abbasov said that the court has received an appeal from Abbas Huseynov.
The judge mentioned that his presence was ensured and warned Anar Huseynov: “If you have any objection, let your lawyers know it and appeal to us within the law.
Huseynov said that he did not violate any rules and he object that the police who testify as witnesses aggrieved persons are asked guiding questions.
Later, employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime Ramil Salmanov testified. He said that they held the operation upon the information received regarding Taleh Baghirov. He said that he disarmed Jahad Babakishizade during the operation.
Answering the prosecutor’s questions, he said that he didn’t see any child and woman in the house where the operation was held. To most questions of the lawyers, he replied ‘I don’t remember’.
Lawyer Nemat Karimli said that he suffers from a memory disorder and wanted to file a petition in this regard. However, the judge said that the petition will be discussed after the questioning is over.
Taleh Baghirov asked the witness if the operation was recorded or not. He said he didn’t see any video recording. Fuad Gahramanli said that witness gives false testimony. The judge said they heard everything: “With what you are not satisfied? An open hearing is being held and everything is being typed.
Later on Babakishizade insulted the witness, showing him unethical gestures.
The judge ordered Babakishizade out of the courtroom. The order was followed and the witness’s speech was interrupted.
Lawyer Yalchin Imanov demanded an expertise for Ramil Salmanov, noting that the person’s ability to remember those incidents remains a question.
The judge said the petition would be discussed later.
Yalchin Imanov added that he wanted to have the protocols from the 22-23 September hearing, noting that the attorney on the same day appealed to the Board of Lawyers on suspicion that the protocols may have been distorted. He demanded that the complaint sent to the Board be presented to him too. The judge promised that the protocol will be presented to them once it is ready, adding that he had written to the Board a piece of information rather than complaint. He said they can obtain the letter from the Board.
Later on, Firuz Mehdiyev, an employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime, testified, saying during the operation he arrested only one person and that was Abulfaz Bunyatov.
Answering questions of the prosecutor, Mehdiyev said he does not know how many people opened fire at them. Attorney Yalchin Imanov asked him how Bunyatov got injured. The witness said he does not know how. Mehdiyev added that he only had moral suffering and did not take part.
The process will be resumed on September 30.
Taleh Baghirov faces charges under Criminal Code’s articles #120 (premeditated murder), 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12, 29, 120 (attempt to premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3 , 29,120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 , 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms), 228.4 (illegal carrying of weapons) and others. On November 26, 2015, law enforcement agencies conducted a special operation in Nardaran township, Baku, arresting Taleh Baghirov and 60 others. Separate criminal proceedings were initiated against some of them and their criminal cases were sent to the Sabunchu district court, which passed verdicts against them.
Fuad Gahramanli was jailed for three months on December 8, 2015. He is charged under the Article 281.1 (public calls for the violent seizure of power) and 283 (inciting national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence or threat of violence) and 220.2 (Appeals to active insubordination to legal requirements of representatives of authority and to mass disorders, as well as appeals to violence above citizens) of Azerbaijan’s Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Baku café explosion: Two dead, two injured - UPDATED-2
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani citizen buried in cemetery of the nameless after committing suicide in Turkey
- 21.05.2018$30,000 and jewelry items worth AZN 100,000 stolen from home in Baku
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan detains Iranian national for attempting to smuggle 10 Scottish Fold kittens to Iran
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan's Pardon Issues Commission considers about 1,100 appeals - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains two over sale of fake excise stamps
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake visas
- 16.05.2018Bodies of all three missing Azerbaijani mountaineers found - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Two houses destroyed after landslide hits Bayil slope in Baku
- 14.05.2018Missile discovered in Goranboy forest
- 08.05.2018Fire in house kills husband and wife in Masalli
- 07.05.2018Baku court commences trial of Moldova citizen accused of stealing about AZN1.5 million from Azerbaijani bank
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan reveals organized group engaged in illicit medicines trade
- 04.05.2018Baku drug rehab center director arrested over 2 March fire accident
- 03.05.20182 persons detained for demanding $50,000 from head of energy drink company in Azerbaijan
- 02.05.2018Remains of 6 Azerbaijanis killed in World War II found in Russia
- 02.05.2018Foreigners detained in Baku for attempting to exchange counterfeit money in bank
- 01.05.20181 killed, 6 injured in nasty traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijan detains five foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 28.04.2018No one was injured in fire in Baku high-rise – Deputy Minister - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED-5
- 28.04.2018Emergency Situations Ministry issues statement on Baku high-rise fire
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners for attempting to get to Europe on fake passports
- 26.04.2018Former Azerbaijani MP Huseyn Abdullayev faces additional charges
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards foil drug smuggling attempt
- 24.04.2018Details emerge of armed assault on Azerbaijani family in Georgia - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court upholds State Security Service’s AZN 1M lawsuit against liquidated MNS
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against ex-employees of liquidated national security ministry
- 23.04.2018State Security Service: Illegal religious complex revealed in Baku
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 16.04.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 13.04.2018Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 12.04.2018Five Sri Lanka citizens detained in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Man who brought illegal drugs worth $40,000 to Azerbaijan detained
- 11.04.2018Mother dies after giving birth in Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Several Nardaran residents detained for illegal arms storage
- 29.09.2016Ukrainian prosecutor general calls Azerbaijani counterpart
- 29.09.2016Former head of Baku Telephone Network PA testifies in court
- 03.10.2016Investigation into case of Azerbaijan's communications and high tech ministry officials concludes
- 28.09.2016Prosecutor seeks 14 years for Azerbaijan citizen accused of fighting in Syria
- 28.09.2016Mother of three hangs herself in Azerbaijan’s Gobustan
- 27.09.2016Prosecutor seeks 17 years in prison for Azerbaijan Int’l Bank former head