Baku Appellate Court considers appeal filed against verdict on Vidadi Zeynalov
The Baku Court of Appeal on Thursday held a preliminary hearing on the appeal filed against the verdict on the criminal case involving Vidadi Zeynalov, former head of the Office of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies, and other people arrested alongside him.
Profile data were specified at the trial presided over by judge Gadim Babayev, APA reports.
The defendants asked the court for a judicial investigation.
It was noted that defendant Gambar Baybalayev didn’t file a petition against the verdicts.
The defendants then asked the court for acquittal. The court rejected the petitions filed.
The hearing will be resumed on October 17.
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes sentenced Vidadi Zeynalov, former head of the Office of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies and director general of Baku Telephone Network Production Association Beytulla Huseynov each to 13 years in prison, Director of “Optik Rabite Tikinti ve Qurashdırma” LLC Namazali Mammadov to 11 years, Emin mamadov to 10 years, Anar Mustafayev to 5 years and Gambar Baybalayev to 3 years in prison.
The court sentenced mahammad Mammadov, Oktay Rustamov, Sahlab Humbatov, jalil Jafarov, Bayram Valiyev each to 2-year probation and they were released from the courtroom.
The court decided to received a total of funds in the amount of 119 million 468 thousand manats from them and transfer to the balance of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies.
A series of investigative operations had discovered that in 2009-2015, the director general of Baku Telephone Network Production Association Beytulla Huseynov, entered into a criminal conspiracy with the director of “Bakı Rabite Temir Tikinti” and “Temir Techizat Servis” companies Bayram Valiyev, the director of "3 nomreli Rabite Temir Tikinti” and “Rabite Mulki Tikinti” companies Emin Mammadov and the chief accountant of the Baku Telephone Network Production Association Anar Mustafayev, gave them a project for the implementation of works on the new telephone lines and installation of new equipment. According to the agreement concluded between them, 35-45% are listed on the accounts of these companies means then had to be returned in cash to Beytullah Huseynov. After that Beytullah Huseynov, abusing official powers and organizing sham tenders issued forged documents, which indicated that the work for the fiber-optic lines for the Internet were carried out by companies controlled by him, though in reality, these works were carried out by local telephone networks. Because of these machinations Beytulla Huseynov misappropriated 21,379,000 of 71,263 million manats, transfers to accounts controlled by him LLC. However, investigators have reason to suspect that the head of the ministry’s Office, Vidadi Zeynalov, processing government orders to close the company itself and increasing their value by 4-5 times, misappropriated 73.59 million manats.
The investigation revealed cases of appropriation of budgetary funds and forgery in “Aztelekom” LLC, “AzİnTelekom” LLC, Center for information and calculations, “Optik Rabite Tikinti ve Qurashdırma”.
The director general of Baku Telephone Network Production Association Beytulla Huseynov, the director of “Bakı Rabite Temir Tikinti” and “Temir Techizat Servis” companies Bayram Valiyev, the director of "3 nomreli Rabite Temir Tikinti” and “Rabite Mulki Tikinti” companies Emin Mammadov and the chief accountant of the Baku Telephone Network Production Association Anar Mustafayev are charged under articles 179.3.2 (embezzlement on a large scale), 308.2 (abuse of power) and 313 (forgery) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
The head of the ministry’s Office Vidadi Zeynalov, the director general of AzInTelekom LLC Jalil Jafarov, the director general of Azerpocht LLC Gambar Beybalayev face charges under articles 179.3.2 and 308.2. A preventive measure in the form of arrest has been chosen against all of those persons.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018More details emerge of detention of Russian scientist in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Interior Minister: 1,028 criminal groups accused of committing 2,698 crimes neutralized in Azerbaijan last year
- 13.01.2018Artillery shells found in Aghdam’s Guzanli
- 13.01.2018Attic of residential house collapses in Shirvan, one person gets stuck under
- 13.01.2018Two detained in Azerbaijan over hoax call about terror attack, police say
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijani police seize over 5.5 kg of drugs
- 12.01.2018Afgan Mukhtarli sentenced to 6 years in prison - UPDATED
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani custom officers prevent sturgeon smuggling
- 11.01.2018Border guards detain three persons who tried to illegally leave Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Vehicle carrying film crew of Azerbaijani TV channel crashes into barrier
- 09.01.2018Austrian mountaineer says 'it would be easier to find missing Azerbaijani climbers if they equipped with special devices'
- 09.01.2018Deputy Minister: Sports club directly responsible for not providing missing mountaineers with necessary equipment
- 09.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijani mountaineers will continue – ministry
- 09.01.2018Operational headquarters created to conduct search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan holds meeting
- 09.01.2018Iranian woman, daughter detained at Baku airport with fake passports
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case after mountain climbers go missing - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan hit by earthquake
- 05.01.2018Baku police detain persons over false notification of bomb threat in hotel and storage
- 05.01.2018Prosecutor General: Persons accused of committing most resonant crimes in Azerbaijan last year exposed
- 04.01.20189 killed, 45 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents during holidays
- 03.01.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges
- 30.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers
- 30.12.2017Cybercriminal who stole money from Azerbaijani banks detained and extradited to Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2017ANAMA specialists involved in search for missing mountain climbers
- 29.12.2017Bodies of Azerbaijanis killed in car crash in Russia brought to homeland
- 29.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Additional rescue team joins search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Search underway for missing climbers in Azerbaijan, special headquarters set up
- 27.12.2017One of missing Azerbaijani climbers is employee of Interior Ministry’s press service
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani MES releases information on missing mountain climbers
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijan businessman and son die in car crash in Russia
- 23.12.20174-magnitude quake hits Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 23.12.2017Accident in Ethylene-Propylene factory in Sumgayit kills one
- 22.12.2017Prosecutor General’s Office to investigate reasons for school principal’s suicide attempt in Goychay
- 21.12.2017Search ends at Baku Railway Station after hoax bomb call - UPDATED
- 20.12.2017Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges
- 20.12.2017Detainees attempt suicide inside police station in Azerbaijan
- 16.12.2017Georgia detains drug trafficker at border with Azerbaijan
- 15.12.2017Sri Lankan citizen dies in Azerbaijan’s tourism center
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian tourists trapped in Shamakhi mountains rescued - UPDATED-3
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian citizens rescued after being trapped in Shamakhi mountains identified
- 04.10.2017Prosecutor seeks 12-year sentence for man accused of planning terror attacks in Azerbaijani universities
- 02.10.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 02.10.2017Four Azerbaijanis die in Ukraine hostel fire
- 27.09.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for time to prepare for final statement