Azerbaijani MNS ex-official: 2 mln manats taken from budget sent to Eldar Mahmudov
Major General Elchin Guliyev, former head of the Anti-Terrorist Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan has rejected the charges against him in his testimony during the investigation.
In his testimony during the preliminary investigation, Guliyev said he worked as former head of the MSN Anti-Terrorist Center from 2007 to 2015, and then he served as department head at the MNS Academy named after Heydar Aliyev.
Guliyev said he had always fulfilled the task set by former minister of national security Eldar Mahmudov.
Guliyev noted that former minister Mahmudov repeatedly pointed to the need to take money from the areas he supervised.
He noted that former minister called him in December 2013 and said there was a need for a large amount of money for purchasing some equipment from Israel, instructed me to write some reports on getting money through “North wind” operation and immediately sending them to the accounting department.
“Thus I told Ilgar Aliyev to write some reports on that matter. Then I took some of reports on taking totally more than 1 million manats and sent them to the minister along with write-off reports. After the former minister ratified the reports, an employee of us took the funds from the Office. The money was first brought to Ilgar Aliyev’s room. It was given to his assistant Vugar Mahmudov by the instruction of the former minister. The funds were sent to Vugar Mahmudov in the same amount taken from the accounting department,” he added.
According to Guliyev, after a few days, the former minister called him again and said that about a million manats are needed again and instructed me to draw up reports on its spending for the operation called “North wind” and give the money to Vugar Mahmudov.
“Several reports were drawn up through Ilgar Aliyev. We agreed with head of the finance department Rashad Huseynov to send the money directly to Vugar Mahmudov. Therefore it was given directly to Vugar Mahmudov,” he said.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Fire breaks out at restaurant in Baku
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 19.06.2018Fire breaks out at building material store in Baku
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 30.05.2018Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018Female member of gang who stole a great deal of money and jewelry from house in Baku arrested
- 29.05.2018Baku Appellate Court rejects Akif Chovdarov's appeal
- 26.05.2018$412,000 financial fraud exposed in APFP - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijan completes execution of presidential order on pardon
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry denies reports of former executive authority head’s death in prison
- 25.05.2018Execution of pardon order begins
- 28.04.2017Russian court pronounces verdict in case against two Azerbaijanis accused of kidnapping
- 28.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 29.04.2017Former deputy head of Azerbaijan’s Khazar district executive authority recognized as victim in case of MNS ex-official
- 27.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-general
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime