Azerbaijani MNS ex-official: 2 mln manats taken from budget sent to Eldar Mahmudov
Major General Elchin Guliyev, former head of the Anti-Terrorist Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan has rejected the charges against him in his testimony during the investigation.
In his testimony during the preliminary investigation, Guliyev said he worked as former head of the MSN Anti-Terrorist Center from 2007 to 2015, and then he served as department head at the MNS Academy named after Heydar Aliyev.
Guliyev said he had always fulfilled the task set by former minister of national security Eldar Mahmudov.
Guliyev noted that former minister Mahmudov repeatedly pointed to the need to take money from the areas he supervised.
He noted that former minister called him in December 2013 and said there was a need for a large amount of money for purchasing some equipment from Israel, instructed me to write some reports on getting money through “North wind” operation and immediately sending them to the accounting department.
“Thus I told Ilgar Aliyev to write some reports on that matter. Then I took some of reports on taking totally more than 1 million manats and sent them to the minister along with write-off reports. After the former minister ratified the reports, an employee of us took the funds from the Office. The money was first brought to Ilgar Aliyev’s room. It was given to his assistant Vugar Mahmudov by the instruction of the former minister. The funds were sent to Vugar Mahmudov in the same amount taken from the accounting department,” he added.
According to Guliyev, after a few days, the former minister called him again and said that about a million manats are needed again and instructed me to draw up reports on its spending for the operation called “North wind” and give the money to Vugar Mahmudov.
“Several reports were drawn up through Ilgar Aliyev. We agreed with head of the finance department Rashad Huseynov to send the money directly to Vugar Mahmudov. Therefore it was given directly to Vugar Mahmudov,” he said.
Related news releases
- 20.09.2017Court gives Akif Chovdarov time for final statement
- 19.09.2017Ten people suffer minor smoke inhalation after fire at warehouse of cosmetics factory in Baku
- 18.09.2017Akif Chovdarov's lawyer makes speech at trial
- 16.09.2017Tofig Zulfugarov: ‘I have been involved in the investigation on this traffic accident as a witness’
- 15.09.2017Human rights defenders issue statement on release of a group of persons
- 15.09.2017Son of Baku City Main Police Department spokesman arrested over fatal road accident
- 15.09.2017APFP chairman’s assistant released from prison
- 14.09.2017Another four people arrested over Nardaran events released
- 13.09.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother arrives in Baku
- 12.09.2017Lapshin’s mother to arrive in Baku, blogger to be sent to Israel in coming days
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani citizen killed in Tbilisi
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev pardons Alexander Lapshin
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan detained 47 trespassers last month
- 11.09.2017Moldovan embassy car crashes in Baku
- 07.09.2017Another meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 05.09.2017Forest fires in Azerbaijan’s Gabala fully brought under control
- 05.09.2017Fire in territory of Shahdag National Park extinguished
- 04.09.2017Meeting held at headquarters set up to tackle forest fire in Azerbaijan's Gabala
- 04.09.2017Forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala brought under control
- 04.09.2017Efforts underway to extinguish forest fire in Azerbaijan’s Gabala
- 01.09.2017MENR chooses emergency mode as fires continue in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Fire localized in Georgia’s Abastumani, Azerbaijan actively involved in ops
- 31.08.2017Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Oghuz
- 31.08.2017Consul: Mother of Azerbaijani athlete killed in road accident in Lebanon will fly to Beirut
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter joins operation to extinguish forest fires in Georgia
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan again sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 29.08.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 29.08.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security during Eid al-Adha holidays
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighting and rescue forces return home from Georgia
- 28.08.2017Last victim of weapons storage fire in Azerbaijan discharged from hospital
- 28.08.2017Suspected terrorist eliminated in Azerbaijan
- 27.08.2017Fire at military unit of Defense Ministry localized and prevented from spreading
- 27.08.2017Special commission set up under Azerbaijani president's instructions to determine cause of fire at weapons storage
- 27.08.2017Immediate measures are being taken at the scene of the incident
- 27.08.2017Fire breaks out at weapons storage in Azerbaijan
- 26.08.2017Prime Minister of Georgia met with helicopter crew of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan
- 25.08.2017Two killed as car hits pedestrians in Tovuz
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situations issues statement on fire-fighting ops in Georgia
- 25.08.2017Mehman Aliyev sentenced to 3-month pretrial detention - UPDATED
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijan’s firefighters extinguish fire in area of 4ha in Georgia
- 28.04.2017Russian court pronounces verdict in case against two Azerbaijanis accused of kidnapping
- 28.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 29.04.2017Former deputy head of Azerbaijan’s Khazar district executive authority recognized as victim in case of MNS ex-official
- 27.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-general
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime