Azerbaijani MNS ex-official: 2 mln manats taken from budget sent to Eldar Mahmudov
Major General Elchin Guliyev, former head of the Anti-Terrorist Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan has rejected the charges against him in his testimony during the investigation.
In his testimony during the preliminary investigation, Guliyev said he worked as former head of the MSN Anti-Terrorist Center from 2007 to 2015, and then he served as department head at the MNS Academy named after Heydar Aliyev.
Guliyev said he had always fulfilled the task set by former minister of national security Eldar Mahmudov.
Guliyev noted that former minister Mahmudov repeatedly pointed to the need to take money from the areas he supervised.
He noted that former minister called him in December 2013 and said there was a need for a large amount of money for purchasing some equipment from Israel, instructed me to write some reports on getting money through “North wind” operation and immediately sending them to the accounting department.
“Thus I told Ilgar Aliyev to write some reports on that matter. Then I took some of reports on taking totally more than 1 million manats and sent them to the minister along with write-off reports. After the former minister ratified the reports, an employee of us took the funds from the Office. The money was first brought to Ilgar Aliyev’s room. It was given to his assistant Vugar Mahmudov by the instruction of the former minister. The funds were sent to Vugar Mahmudov in the same amount taken from the accounting department,” he added.
According to Guliyev, after a few days, the former minister called him again and said that about a million manats are needed again and instructed me to draw up reports on its spending for the operation called “North wind” and give the money to Vugar Mahmudov.
“Several reports were drawn up through Ilgar Aliyev. We agreed with head of the finance department Rashad Huseynov to send the money directly to Vugar Mahmudov. Therefore it was given directly to Vugar Mahmudov,” he said.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 16.04.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 13.04.2018Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 12.04.2018Five Sri Lanka citizens detained in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Man who brought illegal drugs worth $40,000 to Azerbaijan detained
- 11.04.2018Mother dies after giving birth in Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Several Nardaran residents detained for illegal arms storage
- 05.04.201873 kg of explosives found in Azerbaijan’s Goygol
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court reaches verdict to release executive director of internet TV ‘Kanal-13’
- 03.04.2018Fire occurs in building settled by IDPs in Baku, 55 evacuated
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, Interior Ministry comment on statement of former MNS official
- 03.04.2018Director of Shaki Regional Perinatal Center detained
- 02.04.2018French media outlets notified of Rahim Namazov not being a journalist: Azerbaijani Embassy
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case regarding Armenia plundering Azerbaijan's natural resources
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijani killed in Kharkiv identified - EXCLUSIVE
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani man shot and wounded in France after insulting crime bosses
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani shot dead in Ukraine’s Kharkiv
- 29.03.2018Two detained in Baku over production of counterfeit alcoholic beverages
- 28.03.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan’s Guba continues
- 28.03.2018Arab tourist reported missing in Baku found
- 27.03.2018Arab tourist goes missing in Baku
- 26.03.2018Minister: 64 people killed in Russian shopping centre fire
- 26.03.2018Man showing armed resistance to police destroyed
- 26.03.2018FM: No Azerbaijani among those injured and killed in the fire broke out in Russia - UPDATED
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani citizen detained while attempting to smuggle 40kg of jewelry to Georgia
- 22.03.2018Prisoner’s brother attempts to carry narcotic substance inside his nose to prison
- 22.03.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards prevent another drug smuggling attempt
- 20.03.2018Bulgarian and Azerbaijani citizens die in car crash in Goygol
- 20.03.2018Car crashes into tree, 2 dead and 3 injured
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes 44 foreigners for drug trafficking in 2017
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two suspected drug smugglers
- 19.03.2018Baku police seize nearly 36 kg of drugs in two days
- 16.03.2018Six people killed in car crash on Aghsu-Kurdamir highway
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan puts gang member accused of killing hostage on Interpol wanted list
- 16.03.2018Criminal case against ex-chairman of management board of Azerbaijani bank sent to court
- 28.04.2017Russian court pronounces verdict in case against two Azerbaijanis accused of kidnapping
- 28.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 29.04.2017Former deputy head of Azerbaijan’s Khazar district executive authority recognized as victim in case of MNS ex-official
- 27.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-general
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime