Azerbaijani MNS ex-official: 2 mln manats taken from budget sent to Eldar Mahmudov
Major General Elchin Guliyev, former head of the Anti-Terrorist Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan has rejected the charges against him in his testimony during the investigation.
In his testimony during the preliminary investigation, Guliyev said he worked as former head of the MSN Anti-Terrorist Center from 2007 to 2015, and then he served as department head at the MNS Academy named after Heydar Aliyev.
Guliyev said he had always fulfilled the task set by former minister of national security Eldar Mahmudov.
Guliyev noted that former minister Mahmudov repeatedly pointed to the need to take money from the areas he supervised.
He noted that former minister called him in December 2013 and said there was a need for a large amount of money for purchasing some equipment from Israel, instructed me to write some reports on getting money through “North wind” operation and immediately sending them to the accounting department.
“Thus I told Ilgar Aliyev to write some reports on that matter. Then I took some of reports on taking totally more than 1 million manats and sent them to the minister along with write-off reports. After the former minister ratified the reports, an employee of us took the funds from the Office. The money was first brought to Ilgar Aliyev’s room. It was given to his assistant Vugar Mahmudov by the instruction of the former minister. The funds were sent to Vugar Mahmudov in the same amount taken from the accounting department,” he added.
According to Guliyev, after a few days, the former minister called him again and said that about a million manats are needed again and instructed me to draw up reports on its spending for the operation called “North wind” and give the money to Vugar Mahmudov.
“Several reports were drawn up through Ilgar Aliyev. We agreed with head of the finance department Rashad Huseynov to send the money directly to Vugar Mahmudov. Therefore it was given directly to Vugar Mahmudov,” he said.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017108 people killed, 493 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 18.11.2017Quake jolts Azerbaijan’s south
- 17.11.2017Landslide in Baku, worker trapped under mud rescued - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Preliminary information on earthquake reveals no casualty - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijani regions - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017General Prosecutor's Office: Stones were thrown at a bus in Sumgayit
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen murders his fellow countryman in Moscow, confirm law enforcement
- 13.11.2017Two embassy cars collide in Baku
- 13.11.2017Prosecutor seeks 15-year jail sentence for ex-official of MNS
- 13.11.2017Kidnappers detained in Azerbaijan
- 11.11.2017Armenian-made landmine found in Aghdam
- 11.11.2017Man who left his sister with Iranian drug dealers as pledge gets arrested attempting to enter Azerbaijan with a large amount of narcotics
- 11.11.2017Two fishermen go missing in Caspian
- 11.11.2017MES: During fire in residential building 15 rescued and 20 evacuated
- 10.11.2017Fire breaks out in apartment building in Baku
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan’s former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov questioned again
- 10.11.2017Fire in Baku business center extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Police raid car showrooms owned by Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 07.11.2017Vugar Mahmudov fails to file appeal against court decision
- 04.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen suspected of treason detained
- 02.11.2017Two Azerbaijanis who killed a man suspected of involvement in Rovshan Lankaransky’s murder detained Russia
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on special op to catch second escaped convict
- 02.11.2017Criminal case against Turan News Agency and Mehman Aliyev terminated
- 01.11.2017Recent prisoner escape discussed at Azerbaijani Justice Ministry’s collegium meeting
- 31.10.2017Employees of Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service arrested over prisoner escape face additional charge
- 30.10.2017Akif Chovdarov and others' property worth AZN 33M to be confiscated
- 30.10.2017Court to send appeal to Azerbaijani president to strip Akif Chovdarov of general rank
- 30.10.2017Ex-official of Azerbaijan’s national security ministry jailed for 12 years - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani singer arrested for helping prisoners escape
- 30.10.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia
- 27.10.2017Baku City Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case over sale of prohibited medicines in unlicensed pharmacy
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 26.10.2017Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
- 25.10.2017Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
- 28.04.2017Russian court pronounces verdict in case against two Azerbaijanis accused of kidnapping
- 28.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 29.04.2017Former deputy head of Azerbaijan’s Khazar district executive authority recognized as victim in case of MNS ex-official
- 27.04.2017Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-general
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office investigating reports of criminal case against Azerbaijani companies in Ukraine
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan detains Georgian national who tried to hide in Azerbaijan after committing crime