Azerbaijan, Russia hold joint cross-border operations
Azerbaijan and Russia conducted joint search operations and prophylactic actions under the conditional name “Border” in bordering territories from May 29 to June 4, the Azerbaijani Interior Ministry told APA.
The operations were held in accordance with the agreement reached between the Azerbaijani and Russian interior ministers.
The operations were aimed at carrying out complex organizational-practical actions to expose and capture transnational organized criminals, discovering sources of illegal arms and ammunition, explosives and explosive devices, narcotics, and financial means used for illegal purposes and fulfilling decisions reached as to issues of bilateral cooperation.
As a result of the operations conducted in Russia’s border regions and Azerbaijan’s Guba, Gusar, Khachmaz, Balakan, Zagatala, Gakh, Shaki, Oghuz and Gabala districts, 29 people, wanted for committing various kinds of crimes, as well as 13 people, declared wanted by Russia, were captured and the whereabouts of 3 others believed to have gone missing were determined. In addition, 56 wanted debtors were detained.
Illegally possessed 8 automatic weapons, 13 pistols, 66 smoothbore shotguns and rifles, 53 hand grenades, 25 weapon magazines, 29 various pieces of military equipment and ammunition, 7,145 cartridges of various calibers were seized during the operations.
As a result of search operations, 15 drug-related facts were revealed, 600 grams of marijuana were removed from illegal trafficking, and 39,396 cannabis bushes weighing 10 tons of 306 kg were burnt.
Moreover, sixteen different crimes committed in border regions were disclosed.
Such complex search operations, carried out taking into account the protection of human and civil rights and freedoms, as well as in line with national interests and principles of legality of both countries, will continue in the future.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2017181 UXOs found in Khizi
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol’s wanted list after falsifying documents for getting ‘political shelter’
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan Security Service: 16 terrorists eliminated while showing armed resistance
- 14.12.2017Safe containing AZN 100K stolen from Baku resident’s house
- 14.12.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: 1,442 people, including 423 children rendered first aid in emergencies this year
- 14.12.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: 12371 fire accidents recorded in Azerbaijan this year
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani MES: 296 people rescued from drowning this year
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan identifies 10 people suspected of ties with foreign intelligence agencies
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 503 trespassers
- 13.12.2017Inmate dies of heart failure in Baku jail
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani citizen carrying large amounts of narcotics detained in Georgia
- 13.12.2017Man who stole AZN 0.4mln from ATM detained
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijani oilman killed by co-worker for unknown reasons
- 12.12.2017Fire erupts at residential building in Mingachevir
- 11.12.2017Mumbai to London aircraft makes emergency landing in Baku
- 11.12.2017Weekend traffic crashes leave 12 dead in Azerbaijan
- 09.12.2017Residential building under construction collapses in Baku
- 08.12.2017Earthquake occurs in Caspian Sea
- 08.12.2017American woman accused of defrauding Baku man of $6,000
- 07.12.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Sharur
- 07.12.2017Criminal case opened over death of patient at hospital in Baku
- 07.12.2017General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on murder of five people in Salyan
- 07.12.2017Man found guilty of murdering wife and four daughters, burying bodies in Azerbaijan
- 04.12.2017Turkish Embassy car involved in crash in Baku
- 04.12.2017Haji Mammadov commits suicide by hanging himself – Penitentiary Service
- 02.12.2017Two Azerbaijani citizens detained in Georgia
- 02.12.2017Former owner of Glass market commits suicide
- 01.12.2017Iranian, Pakistani FMs discuss IP pipeline
- 30.11.2017Baku court announces verdict against former security officials
- 29.11.2017Former chairman of Atrabank Board of Directors gets arrested
- 29.11.2017NIDA member gets jail sentence reduced
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijan opens criminal cases against officials of several construction companies
- 27.11.2017Russia opens criminal case against police officers accused of violence against Azerbaijani diaspora head
- 27.11.2017Embassy: Incident in “Azerbaijan” Park planned to be built in Odessa is ‘an act of hooliganism’
- 22.11.2017108 people killed, 493 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 07.06.2017UAE embassy gets into accident in Baku
- 07.06.2017Hilal Asadov testifies in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 09.06.2017Man stabs his wife, two minor children to death in Azerbaijan’s Mingachevir
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan completes investigation of 73 corruption-related cases since early 2017
- 06.06.2017Baku court dismisses appeal by Afgan Mukhtarli
- 06.06.2017Fortune teller detained in Baku