Azerbaijan detains Pakistani, Indian nationals accused of organizing illegal migration channel
Azerbaijan has detained one Indian and 14 Pakistani nationals accused of organizing an illegal migration channel to European countries, the U.S., Ukraine, Russia and Turkey, the State Migration Service told APA.
The investigation revealed that Indian citizen Nema Devi Haibam, who was detained by the Azerbaijani State Migration Service for illegal residence in the country, organized an illegal migration channel mainly for citizens of Eastern countries through Azerbaijan to Europe, Ukraine, Russia and Turkey.
Moreover, Pakistani national Seyyed Muhammed Farrukh Razi, aka “Shah”, acted as an intermediary for foreigners interested in moving to Europe and established contacts between them and Indian citizen Haibam.
Haibam got fake Schengen visas for Pakistani citizens Nadeem Muhammad and Shahzad Adnan for a certain amount of money with help and participation of some people living in Pakistan. However, the abovementioned Pakistanis failed their attempts to leave Azerbaijan for Italy on January 12, 2018. Thus, Haibam did not fulfill his promise and give them the visas.
Moreover, Haibam had directly dealt with other 6 foreigners and also deceived them, as a result of which they became illegal migrants. Besides, in a course of investigation, it was revealed that Haibam was creating ties with people organizing illegal departure of foreigners to the US and other countries on the international level.
Thus, Nema Devi Haibam and Syyed Muhammed Farrukh Razi had deceived foreigners, embezzling a large amount of money and creating a basis for illegal migration. Illegal actions of the abovementioned foreigners were proved, facts were confirmed and persons organizing illegal migration were identified and neutralized.
The State Migration Service continues to take measures to combat illegal migration.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Man detained for pretending to be Security Service official
- 17.02.2018Suspect in murder of woman whose body was found chopped into pieces in Baku detained
- 16.02.2018Female body found chopped into pieces in Baku
- 14.02.2018Two people detained in Baku for making counterfeit money
- 13.02.2018Three detained in Baku for attempted mercury sale
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijanis killed in apartment fire in Russia identified - UPDATED
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, Prosecutor General’s Office release statement on detention of illegal migrants
- 12.02.2018Judicial investigation into case of Azerbaijan’s former security officials completed
- 12.02.2018Another Azerbaijani killed in Syria
- 09.02.2018Criminal gang leader declared wanted by Azerbaijan 20 years ago detained in Moscow
- 09.02.2018Illegal migrants detained in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Violations revealed in work of 24 municipalities in Azerbaijan last year
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani declared internationally wanted by Russia killed in Mosul
- 03.02.2018Five poisoned by smoke in fire at residential building in Baku
- 01.02.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on charges of joining illegal armed groups
- 01.02.2018Baku woman steals $58,000 from her own home
- 31.01.2018UXOs found in Goranboy
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Uzbek citizens over attempt to illegally cross border with Iran
- 29.01.20183 Arabs detained in Azerbaijan for illegal hunting
- 29.01.2018Above 300 Azerbaijanis reportedly killed in battles in Syria, Iraq – State Committee
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: Prosecuting authorities are successfully fulfilling president’s task on humanization of punishment policy
- 27.01.2018Zakir Garalov: 418 unsolved crimes have been solved
- 27.01.2018Azerbaijani MES issues statement on fire outbreak incident in Baku
- 26.01.2018ANAMA finds 20 UXOs in Aghstafa
- 26.01.2018Georgia initiates criminal prosecution against Azerbaijani transplant surgeon
- 26.01.2018Baku police kill man who showed armed resistance
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani MES reveals number of emergency situations in 2017
- 25.01.2018Names of Azerbaijanis aboard missing vessel in Sea of Japan revealed - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Nearly 93% of murders in Baku solved – police chief
- 17.01.2018Pistol found in Baku cemetery
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan concludes investigation of 214 criminal cases against 305 officials in 2017
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Department names most corrupted spheres
- 17.01.2018Russian scientist returns home after detention in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Three injured as car carrying Arab tourists overturns in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan puts 34 people on Interpol wanted list on corruption charges
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Dept: Properties worth AZN 15 mln of people accused of corruption seized
- 16.01.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018More details emerge of detention of Russian scientist in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Interior Minister: 1,028 criminal groups accused of committing 2,698 crimes neutralized in Azerbaijan last year
- 13.01.2018Artillery shells found in Aghdam’s Guzanli
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani MES to hold firefighting training
- 24.01.2018Five dismissed from prosecuting authorities in Baku
- 25.01.2018Turkish businessman’s house robbed in Baku
- 22.01.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan continues
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service exposes big network engaged in currency smuggling
- 20.01.2018Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani border village