Azerbaijan detains 32 trespassers in May
Of them, 13 are citizens of Azerbaijan, 7 of Uzbekistan, 6 of Bangladesh, 2 of Russia, and one citizen of each of Iran, Moldova, Pakistan and Algeria.
Some 1,253 people were detained in 949 cases of violation of the state border during the reporting period and relevant measures were taken against them.
As many as 379 persons wanted by Azerbaijan’s law-enforcement bodies were detained and handed over to corresponding bodies.
951.3 grams of drug was prevented from being smuggled during the reporting period.
As a result of the operations conducted under the name of "Khash-Khash 2017", 15,873 bushes of narcotic plants were discovered and destroyed in the border areas of Zagatala and Shamkir districts.
A series of operations combating smuggling resulted in the seizure of smuggled goods worth 184,378 manats, including 1 pneumatic pistol, 376 packs of pyrotechnics, 7 boats, 43,500 US dollars, 10,000 euros, 4,528 boxes of cigarettes, 208 mobile phones, 3,914 various medications, 7 brochures with descriptions of Armenia, alcoholic drinks, as well as industrial and agricultural goods.
The operations aimed at strengthening the borders are ongoing.
Related news releases
- 19.10.2017Car belonging to EU Delegation in Azerbaijan crashes in Baku
- 19.10.2017Suspects in murder of Iranian student in Baku involved in another crime, law enforcement say
- 19.10.2017Baku police arrest man who stole safe containing large amount of cash nine years ago
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani Security Service seizes counterfeit excise stamps
- 17.10.2017Five arrested for murdering Iranian student in Azerbaijan
- 17.10.201740 unexploded shells found in Azerbaijan’s Sumgayit
- 17.10.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on appeal of Vidadi Zeynalov
- 17.10.2017ANAMA: Demining ops launched after weapons storage blast in Khizi to be completed by year-end
- 16.10.2017Worker dies after falling into elevator shaft into SOCAR administrative building
- 14.10.2017Truck carrying passenger vehicles over overturns in Azerbaijan’s Salyan
- 14.10.2017US Embassy car involved in accident in Baku
- 13.10.2017Unexploded ammunition found in Baku
- 13.10.2017Person accused of committing grave crime in Ukraine detained aboard Kyiv-Baku flight
- 13.10.2017Court extends Afgan Mukhtarli’s pretrial detention
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijani court issues verdict against Ramin Hajili and others who sought to get U.S. visa with fake documents
- 12.10.2017Supreme Court considers appeal by IBA ex-chairman
- 11.10.2017Brother of Abulfaz Elchibey dies
- 09.10.2017Banking-related criminal cases submitted to courts in Azerbaijan increase in numbers
- 09.10.2017Mother, underage son die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Baku
- 09.10.2017Kazakh military attaché involved in car crash in Baku
- 04.10.2017US Embassy car involved in accident in Baku
- 04.10.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for acquittal - UPDATED-1
- 04.10.2017Akif Chovdarov making final statement at trial
- 04.10.2017Prosecutor seeks 12-year sentence for man accused of planning terror attacks in Azerbaijani universities
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian citizens rescued after being trapped in Shamakhi mountains identified
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan: Russian tourists trapped in Shamakhi mountains rescued - UPDATED-3
- 03.10.2017Baku Appellate Court considers appeal filed against verdict on Vidadi Zeynalov
- 02.10.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 02.10.2017Four Azerbaijanis die in Ukraine hostel fire
- 27.09.2017Akif Chovdarov asks court for time to prepare for final statement
- 27.09.2017Hijab problem arises in Azerbaijani school in Georgia
- 26.09.2017Another IBA official charged with embezzlement standing trial
- 26.09.2017ANAMA: Clearance operation in area polluted after explosion at Khizi weapons storage will take long time
- 25.09.2017Emergency Situations Ministry releases statement on fire in building of BP’s Baku office - UPDATED
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan’s consul in Iraq visits child found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Criminal case initiated against officials of Azerbaijan State Economic University
- 21.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Balakan
- 21.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017Court gives Akif Chovdarov time for final statement
- 19.09.2017Ten people suffer minor smoke inhalation after fire at warehouse of cosmetics factory in Baku
- 14.06.2017Trial continues for ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov charged with embezzlement
- 16.06.2017Russian court extends prison sentence of Azerbaijani national accused of recruiting students for terror organizations
- 17.06.2017Baku court begins trial in International Bank employee’s case
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office denies MP’s statement on Afgan Mukhtarli
- 10.06.2017Fire at Baku Sadarak Trade Center localized- UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Man kills his parents in Masalli region