Azerbaijan detains 32 trespassers in May
Of them, 13 are citizens of Azerbaijan, 7 of Uzbekistan, 6 of Bangladesh, 2 of Russia, and one citizen of each of Iran, Moldova, Pakistan and Algeria.
Some 1,253 people were detained in 949 cases of violation of the state border during the reporting period and relevant measures were taken against them.
As many as 379 persons wanted by Azerbaijan’s law-enforcement bodies were detained and handed over to corresponding bodies.
951.3 grams of drug was prevented from being smuggled during the reporting period.
As a result of the operations conducted under the name of "Khash-Khash 2017", 15,873 bushes of narcotic plants were discovered and destroyed in the border areas of Zagatala and Shamkir districts.
A series of operations combating smuggling resulted in the seizure of smuggled goods worth 184,378 manats, including 1 pneumatic pistol, 376 packs of pyrotechnics, 7 boats, 43,500 US dollars, 10,000 euros, 4,528 boxes of cigarettes, 208 mobile phones, 3,914 various medications, 7 brochures with descriptions of Armenia, alcoholic drinks, as well as industrial and agricultural goods.
The operations aimed at strengthening the borders are ongoing.
Related news releases
- 17.08.2017APFP deputy chairperson gets jail sentence extended
- 17.08.2017Afgan Mukhtarli’s prison sentence extended
- 17.08.2017Russia extradites Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen
- 17.08.2017Information on placement of explosive in car in Baku not confirmed
- 12.08.2017Two men detained for demanding money from foreigners
- 09.08.2017Investigator of Baku City Prosecutor’s Office arrested - EXCLUSIVE
- 07.08.201713 foreigners arrested for illegally living in Azerbaijan
- 07.08.2017Lawyer: Hearing on Nail Allahverdiyev’s case held by Khatai District Court with his own participation
- 03.08.2017Russian historian-scientist summoned to Investigative Committee on basis of Armenian claims
- 31.07.2017Investigative group created over murder of 1-year-old Zahra by Armenians
- 31.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office and Interior Ministry issue joint statement on crime committed in Hajigabul
- 31.07.2017Houses damaged after Armenia shells Garalar village of Tovuz
- 31.07.2017Man shouting 'Allahu Akbar' in front of US Embassy in Azerbaijan detained
- 29.07.201711-car chain-reaction crash in Baku, several injured
- 28.07.2017Boy, 9, accidentally kills girl, 7, in Azerbaijan’s Bilasuvar
- 27.07.2017Explosion at Lerik broiler factory triggered by gas leak - UPDATED
- 27.07.2017Former Directors-General of Aztelekom and AzInTelekom LLC released
- 26.07.2017‘Çudo Peçka’ founder arrested
- 26.07.2017Trial of former Azerbaijani ministry officials postponed
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service exposes int’l cybercrime group
- 25.07.2017Explosion occurred in Baku
- 24.07.2017Underage brothers drown in Caspian Sea
- 24.07.2017Ali Insanov transferred to maximum security jail
- 24.07.2017Details emerge of horrific Barda family murder - UPDATED
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani family of five burned alive in fire accident in Russia
- 24.07.2017Fire in building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 22.07.2017Fire at university in Baku extinguished, 4 people poisoned with smoke - UPDATED
- 22.07.2017Two children drown in canal in Aghsu
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan detains spy network members
- 18.07.2017Man who fell into sever main and MES rescuer both died of gas poisoning - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Russia on suspicion of rape and murder of 15-year-old girl
- 14.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 6.5 years in prison for Alexander Lapshin
- 13.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 13.07.2017Traffic accident kills 3 and other 3 injured in Salyan
- 11.07.2017Fire breaks out in Azerbaijan’s Gizil-Agaj State Reserve
- 07.07.20172 people die of electrocution in pool, other 2 injured
- 05.07.2017Trespass attempt prevented by Azerbaijani border guards, trespasser killed
- 30.06.2017Internationally wanted Turkish citizen detained in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Man migrated with Musavat's fake membership card declared wanted
- 14.06.2017Trial continues for ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov charged with embezzlement
- 16.06.2017Russian court extends prison sentence of Azerbaijani national accused of recruiting students for terror organizations
- 17.06.2017Baku court begins trial in International Bank employee’s case
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office denies MP’s statement on Afgan Mukhtarli
- 10.06.2017Fire at Baku Sadarak Trade Center localized- UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Man kills his parents in Masalli region