Ammo found in apartment of people who planned terrorist attack during rally in Baku
Employees of Absheron District Prosecutor's Office and prosecutor-criminologists of the Prosecutor General's Office have inspected the apartment in the town of Khirdalan of three people belonging to different religious movements who were eliminated in an anti-terrorist operation of the State Security Service on October 25.
A Makarov pistol and five rounds of ammunition, two hand grenades, seven Molotov cocktails, 4 five-liter plastic canisters with flammable liquid for making Molotov cocktails were seized as evidence during the inspection of the apartment, the Absheron district prosecutor’s office told APA.
The Absheron district prosecutor’s office is investigating the fact.
This group of people, with the purpose of committing a number of terrorist attacks, made various explosive objects by handicraft and tested them in Lokbatan settlement on October 22.
The investigation revealed that these people came to an agreement about carrying out terrorist attacks during a rally in Baku on October 28.
In an operation on October 25, the State Security Service eliminated the plotters—Azerbaijani citizens Alakbarov Bakhtiyar Mammadsadiq oglu (“Abdullah”), Masimli Anar Mehman oglu (“Abu Yunis”), and Huseynli Javid Huseyn oglu (“Abu Waqqas”).
It is worth noting that the National Council is to hold a rally in the former Mahsul stadium in Baku on October 28.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017108 people killed, 493 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 20.11.2017Astara man commits suicide
- 20.11.2017Baku city prosecutor’s office issues statement on Lokbatan plant explosion
- 20.11.2017Another quake jolts Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, who drowned in river while saving two children in Russia, awarded posthumously
- 20.11.2017One dead after explosion at plant in Baku
- 18.11.2017Quake jolts Azerbaijan’s south
- 17.11.2017Landslide in Baku, worker trapped under mud rescued - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Preliminary information on earthquake reveals no casualty - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijani regions - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017General Prosecutor's Office: Stones were thrown at a bus in Sumgayit
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen murders his fellow countryman in Moscow, confirm law enforcement
- 13.11.2017Two embassy cars collide in Baku
- 13.11.2017Prosecutor seeks 15-year jail sentence for ex-official of MNS
- 13.11.2017Kidnappers detained in Azerbaijan
- 11.11.2017Armenian-made landmine found in Aghdam
- 11.11.2017Man who left his sister with Iranian drug dealers as pledge gets arrested attempting to enter Azerbaijan with a large amount of narcotics
- 11.11.2017Two fishermen go missing in Caspian
- 11.11.2017MES: During fire in residential building 15 rescued and 20 evacuated
- 10.11.2017Fire breaks out in apartment building in Baku
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan’s former national security minister Eldar Mahmudov questioned again
- 10.11.2017Fire in Baku business center extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Police raid car showrooms owned by Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 07.11.2017Vugar Mahmudov fails to file appeal against court decision
- 04.11.2017Azerbaijani citizen suspected of treason detained
- 02.11.2017Two Azerbaijanis who killed a man suspected of involvement in Rovshan Lankaransky’s murder detained Russia
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani General Prosecutor’s Office, Interior Ministry release joint statement on special op to catch second escaped convict
- 02.11.2017Criminal case against Turan News Agency and Mehman Aliyev terminated
- 01.11.2017Recent prisoner escape discussed at Azerbaijani Justice Ministry’s collegium meeting
- 31.10.2017Employees of Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service arrested over prisoner escape face additional charge
- 30.10.2017Akif Chovdarov and others' property worth AZN 33M to be confiscated
- 30.10.2017Court to send appeal to Azerbaijani president to strip Akif Chovdarov of general rank
- 30.10.2017Ex-official of Azerbaijan’s national security ministry jailed for 12 years - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani singer arrested for helping prisoners escape
- 30.10.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Georgia
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani Justice Ministry, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on prisoner escape
- 25.10.2017Attorney: Nadir Salifov departed for Georgia after being released from prison
- 25.10.2017One detained in Azerbaijan’s Balakan over attempt to sell about 500 kg of meat of unknown origin
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani businessman murdered in Russia
- 24.10.2017Lotu Guli released
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan Penitentiary Service: One of escapees captured
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijan's State Security Service: Four more people detained in anti-terror operation
- 27.10.2017Baku City Prosecutor’s Office initiates criminal case over sale of prohibited medicines in unlicensed pharmacy
- 25.10.2017Group of persons planning terrorist attack at rally liquidated
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan’s State Security Service seizes over $71,000 from currency smugglers
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service sacks convoy battalion commander and nine others after prisoner escape