38 criminal groups rendered harmless in Baku in 1Q 2017
Over the first quarter of 2017, the Interior Ministry recorded 2,865 crimes in Baku, of which 82.3% were less grave and unlikely to pose huge public threat and 17.7% grave and especially grave.
Compared to the same period of 2016, deliberate murders decreased threefold and acts of deliberate bodily harm by 40.0%, the Baku City Main Police Department said in a statement on April 20, APA reported.
It became possible to solve 75.4% (74.4% last year) of the crimes, 73.8% (78.5%) of the grave types, and 67.7% (60.4%) of those committed under uncertain conditions, according to the statement.
88.4% (93.5% last year) of 438 crimes aimed against personality, 100% (94.4% last year) of the deliberate murders, and 100% (100% last year) of the attempts to commit deliberate murder were disclosed.
Compared to the same period of 2016, there was 1.0% progress in solving overall crimes, 5.6% in deliberate murders, 4.0% in solving those aimed against property, 40.2% in the stealing of state and municipality property, 8.4% in theft of private property, 13.6% in burglaries, 38.3% in cattle theft, 11.5% in robberies, 2.7% in brigandage, 6.6% in hooliganism, and 0.8% in fatal traffic accidents.
The use of modern information technology was of great importance in preventing and solving these crimes. Operators of "Safe City Service" of the Main Department and district police agencies detected 1,242 cases. Sixty-one criminal cases were opened on the basis of archival recordings from surveillance cameras.
43.8% of 767 (+1.3%, 336 last year) wanted suspects and 24.9% of 370 (-6.0%, 92) persons declared wanted over grave and especially grave crimes were arrested during the reporting period.
Seventeen groups comprised of 40 people responsible for 17 cases of robbery, as well as 21 groups comprised of 51 people responsible for 38 cases of home burglaries were rendered harmless.
More than 161 kg of drugs (948 kg last year) were seized in 294 cases.
During the reporting period, 44 firearms, 4 grenades, 1,319 cartridges and 31 illegally possessed and stored firearms were found and seized.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan detains spy network members
- 18.07.2017Man who fell into sever main and MES rescuer both died of gas poisoning - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani citizen detained in Russia on suspicion of rape and murder of 15-year-old girl
- 14.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 6.5 years in prison for Alexander Lapshin
- 13.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 13.07.2017Traffic accident kills 3 and other 3 injured in Salyan
- 11.07.2017Fire breaks out in Azerbaijan’s Gizil-Agaj State Reserve
- 07.07.20172 people die of electrocution in pool, other 2 injured
- 05.07.2017Trespass attempt prevented by Azerbaijani border guards, trespasser killed
- 30.06.2017Internationally wanted Turkish citizen detained in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Man migrated with Musavat's fake membership card declared wanted
- 28.06.2017Men raided country house in Baku, beat guard, then set fire to house
- 28.06.201710 died in traffic accidents in Azerbaijan during holidays
- 21.06.2017Lawyers seek acquittal for Vidadi Zeynalov
- 21.06.2017Former Baku Metro chief testifies at trial of national security ministry’s ex-employees
- 21.06.2017Child poisoned to death by own mother in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2017ANAMA: Two Azerbaijan citizens injured in mine blast on Turkey-Iran border - UPDATED
- 20.06.2017Armenians seeking to be a “hero” on paper: Azerbaijani MoD
- 20.06.2017US embassy car crashes in Baku
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan issues int’l arrest warrant for 5 people accused of abduction
- 19.06.2017Secretary of Malaysian embassy gets into road accident in Baku
- 17.06.2017Baku court begins trial in International Bank employee’s case
- 16.06.2017Russian court extends prison sentence of Azerbaijani national accused of recruiting students for terror organizations
- 14.06.2017Trial continues for ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov charged with embezzlement
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan detains 32 trespassers in May
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office denies MP’s statement on Afgan Mukhtarli
- 10.06.2017Fire at Baku Sadarak Trade Center localized- UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Man kills his parents in Masalli region
- 09.06.2017Ex-ministry official Beytulla Huseynov, accused of embezzlement, pays for damage caused to state
- 09.06.2017Man stabs his wife, two minor children to death in Azerbaijan’s Mingachevir
- 07.06.2017Hilal Asadov testifies in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 07.06.2017UAE embassy gets into accident in Baku
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan, Russia hold joint cross-border operations
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan completes investigation of 73 corruption-related cases since early 2017
- 06.06.2017Baku court dismisses appeal by Afgan Mukhtarli
- 06.06.2017Fortune teller detained in Baku
- 05.06.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues
- 02.06.2017Court denies APFP deputy chairperson’s appeal
- 02.06.2017Trial in case of ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov continues
- 20.04.2017Landslide hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi, walls of two houses collapse
- 21.04.2017Interpol-wanted Azerbaijani citizen detained in Tbilisi
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan detains two trespassers, one of them attempts suicide
- 19.04.2017Preliminary investigation into case of APFP chairman’s assistant completed
- 19.04.2017Judicial investigation into criminal case of Azerbaijan’s ex-heath minister completed
- 19.04.2017Baku Court of Appeal begins trial on appeal filed by Leyla and Arif Yunus