Tourism Board to contribute greatly to development of Azerbaijani tourism sector
The Tourism Board will make a great contribution to the development of tourism sector in Azerbaijan, said Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev.
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev earlier signed an order on the establishment of a Tourism Board.
The main objective of the Tourism Board is to analysis the current state of Azerbaijan’s tourism sector, take necessary measures to address the problems in this area and coordinate the implementation of tasks entrusted to public authorities in tourism sector.
Speaking at the first meeting of the Tourism Board in Baku Dec. 29, the minister noted that the state bodies have so far implemented numerous projects for the promotion of Azerbaijan.
“Successful programs fulfilled in 2016 have produced good results. Unfortunately, the programs did not cover concrete spheres,” Garayev said calling on the state bodies and other local business structures to jointly carry out marketing and promotion activitie4s for the development of tourism sector in the country.
The minister said that all projects to be implemented on the basis of a successful strategy will succeed and have a positive impact on the development of Azerbaijan’s tourism sector.
According to the minister, the newly-created Tourism Promotion Bureau will cover several areas.
Garayev noted that most hotel rooms in Azerbaijan are already booked until Novruz Holiday (the national holiday is celebrated each year on March 20-21).
“The hotel rooms are booked by both local and foreign tourists,” the minister added. “Foreign tourists come to Azerbaijan mainly from Georgia, the Gulf countries and Iran.”
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017EU Delegation to Azerbaijan: Baku Shopping Festival can turn into a new brand
- 26.04.2017Committee chairman: Azerbaijan develops standards on halal tourism
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan sees 22 fold rise in UAE, 30 fold in Iraqi tourists
- 21.04.2017Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan leaves behind Georgia for 6 indicators in tourism
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan plans to create 6 private, 6 public beaches in Baku - minister
- 21.04.2017Vera Brezhneva: Baku Shopping Festival excites me very much
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan receives nearly 67,000 Iranian tourists last month
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan to earn billions of currency from development of tourism – president
- 17.04.2017Bryza: Baku Shopping Festival – very important for attracting tourists to Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017Azerbaijan sees 25% rise in number of tourists during three months of 2017 – president
- 08.04.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on tourism
- 06.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits AITF 2017
- 30.03.2017Azerbaijan to create new beaches along the Caspian coast
- 30.03.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on development of beach tourism in 2107-2020
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan expects good results from “tax-free” practice to be applied in trade festival - minister
- 15.03.2017Leyla Aliyeva attends presentation of “Azerbaijan. Saving gazelles” documentary
- 30.01.2017Strong tourism industry should be created in Azerbaijan – president
- 16.11.2016Tourists traveling to Azerbaijan to obtain visa from ASAN Service
- 24.10.2016Croatian president: I hope number of Azerbaijani tourists will increase
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan’s tourism potential highlighted in Brussels
- 05.10.2016Azerbaijan to create 15 regional cultural and tourism offices
- 27.09.2016New flight routes, aviation companies to be opened in cooperation with AZAL – tourism minister
- 27.09.2016Number of Arab tourists visiting Azerbaijan increased eight times
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan elaborates new draft law on tourism
- 02.09.2016Tourism zones to be created based on state-entrepreneur partnership
- 02.09.2016Azerbaijan to appoint tourism representatives to diplomatic missions abroad
- 01.09.2016Azerbaijan to establish Tourism Board
- 01.09.2016Azerbaijani president issues order on funding of several measures for development of tourism
- 18.08.2016Over 10,000 UAE tourists visited Azerbaijan in July
- 12.08.2016Turkish ambassador: Number of Azerbaijani tourists is expected to increase
- 10.08.2016Azerbaijani president attends opening of “Qafqaz Tufandağ Mountain Resort” in Gabala
- 02.08.2016Georgia receives largest number of tourists from Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2016AZAL: Passengers will fly from Baku to Istanbul by higher-capacity passenger aircraft
- 11.07.2016State cannot influence pricing in hotels – minister
- 04.07.2016Georgia receives largest number of tourists from Azerbaijan
- 01.07.2016Number of Azerbaijanis travelling to Russia drops 6.5%
- 29.06.2016Russia lifts sanctions against Turkey
- 24.06.2016Rules of issuing e-visas for foreigners arriving in Azerbaijan enter into force
- 23.06.2016Azerbaijan, Turkey should strengthen tourism ties – minister
- 17.06.2016Tax free shopping to be available for tourists travelling to Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2017Over 1 million Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Georgia last year
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan sees increase in tourist arrivals: deputy minister
- 19.01.2017Azerbaijan sees 5.5 times rise in number of Qatari tourists
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan to create national low-cost airlines
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan to increase number of direct flights to major European cities
- 16.12.2016Number of Arab tourists visiting Azerbaijan increases 8 times in 2016