Tourism Board to contribute greatly to development of Azerbaijani tourism sector
The Tourism Board will make a great contribution to the development of tourism sector in Azerbaijan, said Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev.
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev earlier signed an order on the establishment of a Tourism Board.
The main objective of the Tourism Board is to analysis the current state of Azerbaijan’s tourism sector, take necessary measures to address the problems in this area and coordinate the implementation of tasks entrusted to public authorities in tourism sector.
Speaking at the first meeting of the Tourism Board in Baku Dec. 29, the minister noted that the state bodies have so far implemented numerous projects for the promotion of Azerbaijan.
“Successful programs fulfilled in 2016 have produced good results. Unfortunately, the programs did not cover concrete spheres,” Garayev said calling on the state bodies and other local business structures to jointly carry out marketing and promotion activitie4s for the development of tourism sector in the country.
The minister said that all projects to be implemented on the basis of a successful strategy will succeed and have a positive impact on the development of Azerbaijan’s tourism sector.
According to the minister, the newly-created Tourism Promotion Bureau will cover several areas.
Garayev noted that most hotel rooms in Azerbaijan are already booked until Novruz Holiday (the national holiday is celebrated each year on March 20-21).
“The hotel rooms are booked by both local and foreign tourists,” the minister added. “Foreign tourists come to Azerbaijan mainly from Georgia, the Gulf countries and Iran.”
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Dollar set for another weekly loss, euro at three-year high
- 16.02.2018Ambassador: I hope number of people traveling from Italy to Azerbaijan will increase
- 09.02.2018Four countries to launch cruises on Caspian Sea from next year
- 06.02.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens visiting Georgia’s protected territories announced
- 02.02.2018Minister: Russia builds ships for cruise on Caspian Sea
- 31.01.2018President issues decree on improvement of visa issuance procedure for foreigners in airports
- 31.01.2018Minister: Reputation of Azerbaijan’s tourism lowered after cancellation of licences
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev views plans to develop Shahdagh tourism complex
- 08.01.2018Kvartal-95 humor group holds concert in Gabala
- 05.01.2018XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival kicks off in Gabala
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan, Czech Republic may relaunch direct flights
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 12.10.2017Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Minister:Nearly 2 million tourists visited Azerbaijan this year
- 11.09.2017New rector appointed to Azerbaijan Tourism and Management University
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan enters TOP-5 most popular destinations among Russian business travelers
- 15.08.2017Presentation held in Baku of Astana’s tourist potential
- 10.08.2017Qatar facilitates visa regime for Azerbaijani citizens
- 17.07.2017More than 243,000 Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Turkey this year
- 12.07.2017President: There will be even more tourists, we must be ready
- 13.06.2017Number of tourists travelling to Azerbaijan increased 24.5%
- 12.06.2017Health-improving events on Global Wellness Day held in Pullman Baku hotel
- 08.06.2017Number of tourists in Azerbaijan increased 30% - minister
- 08.06.2017Ablufas Garayev: Existing prices on tourism are normal in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2017Ministry comments on reports about candidature of “Artsakh” for Worlds Tourism Organization
- 30.05.2017Ministry of Culture and Tourism addresses to travelling citizens
- 05.01.2017Over 1 million Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Georgia last year
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan sees increase in tourist arrivals: deputy minister
- 19.01.2017Azerbaijan sees 5.5 times rise in number of Qatari tourists
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan to create national low-cost airlines
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan to increase number of direct flights to major European cities
- 16.12.2016Number of Arab tourists visiting Azerbaijan increases 8 times in 2016