New flight routes, aviation companies to be opened in cooperation with AZAL – tourism minister
Baku. Javid Zeynalli – APA. “In this year’s holiday season, hotels have been occupied 92% in Ismayilli and Shamakhi, 95-100% in Goygol, 100% in Gabala, and 90% in Lerik, while those in Mingachevir and Khizi have not been occupied completely. The information I have is that this percentage is 30,” Azerbaijan’s Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev said at a press conference in Baku Sept. 27.
The minister noted that the tourism industry will be developing faster after the Tourism Council beings to operate next year.
“The Council will include several state bodies. Trade festivals also play an important role in the development of tourism. We can hold two festivals next year and some 20 to 30% of the expenses may be retrieved,” he said.
The minister added that there are plans to open more offices in other countries.
“The current offices in the U.A.E, Russia, and Germany are operating successfully. Azerbaijan relies on the principle of ‘open sky.’ We are thinking of opening new flight routes and aviation companies in cooperation with AZAL,” Abulfas Garayev noted.
According to him, there are ongoing efforts to improve border checkpoints.
“A huge need has arisen for construction of three-star hotels. In this direction, we’re implementing joint projects with other bodies. Thermal tourism has fallen in place. We’re also working to ensure regular tourism in the winter. We’re holding discussions with the Customs Committee to do joint works in order to provide comfort for tourists,” Garayev said.
Related news releases
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 12.10.2017Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Minister:Nearly 2 million tourists visited Azerbaijan this year
- 11.09.2017New rector appointed to Azerbaijan Tourism and Management University
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan enters TOP-5 most popular destinations among Russian business travelers
- 15.08.2017Presentation held in Baku of Astana’s tourist potential
- 10.08.2017Qatar facilitates visa regime for Azerbaijani citizens
- 17.07.2017More than 243,000 Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Turkey this year
- 12.07.2017President: There will be even more tourists, we must be ready
- 13.06.2017Number of tourists travelling to Azerbaijan increased 24.5%
- 12.06.2017Health-improving events on Global Wellness Day held in Pullman Baku hotel
- 08.06.2017Number of tourists in Azerbaijan increased 30% - minister
- 08.06.2017Ablufas Garayev: Existing prices on tourism are normal in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2017Ministry comments on reports about candidature of “Artsakh” for Worlds Tourism Organization
- 30.05.2017Ministry of Culture and Tourism addresses to travelling citizens
- 24.05.2017Over 187,000 tourists visited Azerbaijan in April
- 11.05.2017Madrid hosting UNWTO session under chairmanship of Abulfas Garayev
- 11.05.2017First Baku Shopping Festival comes to an end
- 08.05.2017Booking.com cooperates with hotels illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijan’s tourism opportunities highlighted at 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue
- 05.05.2017President: All conditions were created in Azerbaijan so that tourists feel themselves comfortable here
- 05.05.2017Last year 5,000 tourists travelled to Hungary from Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 05.05.2017UNWTO Secretary General: We heard important messages from Azerbaijani president
- 04.05.2017UNWTO: Tourism to make important contribution to intercultural dialogue in world
- 29.04.2017EU Delegation to Azerbaijan: Baku Shopping Festival can turn into a new brand
- 26.04.2017Committee chairman: Azerbaijan develops standards on halal tourism
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan sees 22 fold rise in UAE, 30 fold in Iraqi tourists
- 21.04.2017Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan leaves behind Georgia for 6 indicators in tourism
- 05.10.2016Azerbaijan to create 15 regional cultural and tourism offices
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan’s tourism potential highlighted in Brussels
- 24.10.2016Croatian president: I hope number of Azerbaijani tourists will increase
- 27.09.2016Number of Arab tourists visiting Azerbaijan increased eight times
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan elaborates new draft law on tourism
- 02.09.2016Tourism zones to be created based on state-entrepreneur partnership