New flight routes, aviation companies to be opened in cooperation with AZAL – tourism minister
Baku. Javid Zeynalli – APA. “In this year’s holiday season, hotels have been occupied 92% in Ismayilli and Shamakhi, 95-100% in Goygol, 100% in Gabala, and 90% in Lerik, while those in Mingachevir and Khizi have not been occupied completely. The information I have is that this percentage is 30,” Azerbaijan’s Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev said at a press conference in Baku Sept. 27.
The minister noted that the tourism industry will be developing faster after the Tourism Council beings to operate next year.
“The Council will include several state bodies. Trade festivals also play an important role in the development of tourism. We can hold two festivals next year and some 20 to 30% of the expenses may be retrieved,” he said.
The minister added that there are plans to open more offices in other countries.
“The current offices in the U.A.E, Russia, and Germany are operating successfully. Azerbaijan relies on the principle of ‘open sky.’ We are thinking of opening new flight routes and aviation companies in cooperation with AZAL,” Abulfas Garayev noted.
According to him, there are ongoing efforts to improve border checkpoints.
“A huge need has arisen for construction of three-star hotels. In this direction, we’re implementing joint projects with other bodies. Thermal tourism has fallen in place. We’re also working to ensure regular tourism in the winter. We’re holding discussions with the Customs Committee to do joint works in order to provide comfort for tourists,” Garayev said.
Related news releases
- 18.05.2018Ambassador: Tajikistan attaches particular importance to ecological and health tourism
- 14.05.2018Fifteen countries’ citizens to be able to obtain visas at Azerbaijan’s airport from tomorrow
- 11.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to create modern tourism industry
- 10.04.2018More than 627,000 tourists visit Azerbaijan this year
- 07.04.2018Ruslan Guliyev elected president of Global Healthcare Travel Council
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views AITF 2018 fair
- 05.04.2018Minister: Number of tourists increases by 12.5% this year
- 04.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Secretary-General of World Tourism Organization
- 29.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expects great tourist flow
- 14.03.2018Pullman Baku Hotel hosts presentation of The M.O.S.T. magazine’s Art issue
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan, India negotiating to organize direct flights
- 05.03.2018Georgia sees decline in tourist arrivals from Azerbaijan last month
- 17.02.2018Dollar set for another weekly loss, euro at three-year high
- 16.02.2018Ambassador: I hope number of people traveling from Italy to Azerbaijan will increase
- 09.02.2018Four countries to launch cruises on Caspian Sea from next year
- 06.02.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens visiting Georgia’s protected territories announced
- 02.02.2018Minister: Russia builds ships for cruise on Caspian Sea
- 31.01.2018President issues decree on improvement of visa issuance procedure for foreigners in airports
- 31.01.2018Minister: Reputation of Azerbaijan’s tourism lowered after cancellation of licences
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev views plans to develop Shahdagh tourism complex
- 08.01.2018Kvartal-95 humor group holds concert in Gabala
- 05.01.2018XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival kicks off in Gabala
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan, Czech Republic may relaunch direct flights
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 12.10.2017Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Minister:Nearly 2 million tourists visited Azerbaijan this year
- 05.10.2016Azerbaijan to create 15 regional cultural and tourism offices
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan’s tourism potential highlighted in Brussels
- 24.10.2016Croatian president: I hope number of Azerbaijani tourists will increase
- 27.09.2016Number of Arab tourists visiting Azerbaijan increased eight times
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan elaborates new draft law on tourism
- 02.09.2016Tourism zones to be created based on state-entrepreneur partnership