First Baku Shopping Festival comes to an end
The first shopping festival organized on 10 April-10 May in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan completed yesterday. According to the organizers, the first Baku Shopping Festival has exceeded expectations.
The Festival organized by the professionals of the Azerbaijan Convention Bureau under the Azerbaijan Ministry of Culture and Tourism in cooperation with relevant government agencies, private sector and volunteers has been welcomed with great interest in Azerbaijan and abroad.
Speaking to journalists, Abulfas Garayev, Minister of Culture and Tourism said that the Baku Shopping Festival has become a subject of great interest at the global tourism market. The minister appreciated the active participation of tourists and local citizens in the Festival.
According to local and international experts, this initiative was a significant step towards making Baku a regional leader in the tourism industry. For the first time in the world, both foreign citizens and local population could receive VAT refund for purchases at the official Festival merchant stores that were providing discounts from 30% to 70% and arranging various shopping campaigns.
It’s very important to mention that for the duration of the Festival, the Tax Free system was operating under a special regime and VAT refund eligibility ceiling for foreigners was decreased from 300 AZN to 100 AZN. Moreover, tourists were able to get back the tax-free refund also in the city, not only at the airport, as usual. In addition, the VAT refund system was applicable to local citizens as well.
During the Festival, organizers introduced various daily entertaining programs in shopping malls and the Old City which were very popular amongst residents and tourists. The performances of the world-famous stars Gianluca Vacchi and Vera Brezhneva, special guests of Festival, and other well-known artists attracted a lot of people. The Festival was widely covered by local and international mass media.
This allows concluding, that the first Baku Shopping Festival has already become an international brand and will turn into a tradition in future. The next Shopping Festival will take place by the end of this year and details will be provided shortly. We invite all those who want enjoy holidays and make advantageous shopping to watch www.bakushopfest.com for information about the next Festival.
The Azerbaijan Convention Bureau thanks everyone who has supported the organization of the Baku Shopping Festival and wishes success to all of its participants!
- 17.02.2018Dollar set for another weekly loss, euro at three-year high
- 16.02.2018Ambassador: I hope number of people traveling from Italy to Azerbaijan will increase
- 09.02.2018Four countries to launch cruises on Caspian Sea from next year
- 06.02.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens visiting Georgia’s protected territories announced
- 02.02.2018Minister: Russia builds ships for cruise on Caspian Sea
- 31.01.2018President issues decree on improvement of visa issuance procedure for foreigners in airports
- 31.01.2018Minister: Reputation of Azerbaijan’s tourism lowered after cancellation of licences
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev views plans to develop Shahdagh tourism complex
- 08.01.2018Kvartal-95 humor group holds concert in Gabala
- 05.01.2018XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival kicks off in Gabala
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan, Czech Republic may relaunch direct flights
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 12.10.2017Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Minister:Nearly 2 million tourists visited Azerbaijan this year
- 11.09.2017New rector appointed to Azerbaijan Tourism and Management University
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan enters TOP-5 most popular destinations among Russian business travelers
- 15.08.2017Presentation held in Baku of Astana’s tourist potential
- 10.08.2017Qatar facilitates visa regime for Azerbaijani citizens
- 17.07.2017More than 243,000 Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Turkey this year
- 12.07.2017President: There will be even more tourists, we must be ready
- 13.06.2017Number of tourists travelling to Azerbaijan increased 24.5%
- 12.06.2017Health-improving events on Global Wellness Day held in Pullman Baku hotel
- 08.06.2017Number of tourists in Azerbaijan increased 30% - minister
- 08.06.2017Ablufas Garayev: Existing prices on tourism are normal in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2017Ministry comments on reports about candidature of “Artsakh” for Worlds Tourism Organization
- 05.05.2017Last year 5,000 tourists travelled to Hungary from Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 11.05.2017Madrid hosting UNWTO session under chairmanship of Abulfas Garayev
- 24.05.2017Over 187,000 tourists visited Azerbaijan in April
- 30.05.2017Ministry of Culture and Tourism addresses to travelling citizens
- 08.05.2017Booking.com cooperates with hotels illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijan’s tourism opportunities highlighted at 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue
- 05.05.2017President: All conditions were created in Azerbaijan so that tourists feel themselves comfortable here