Bryza: Baku Shopping Festival – very important for attracting tourists to Azerbaijan
The Baku Shopping Festival is very important for attracting tourists to Azerbaijan, APA cited the former US ambassador to Azerbaijan, Matthew Bryza, as saying on Monday.
Bryza said the application of TAX Free system during the shopping festival is a good idea to attract tourists to Azerbaijan.
“More tourists from Iran and some Arab countries have been previously visiting Azerbaijan. This festival will increase the quota of tourists who are looking for a place different from Dubai,” he added.
The Baku Shopping Festival kicked off on April 10 in Azerbaijan’s capital for the first time.
The festival, which will last until May 10, is being held in accordance with the decree of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev “On additional measures to develop tourism in Azerbaijan” dated Sept.1, 2016.
The purpose of holding trade festivals is to increase the economic and tourist potential of Azerbaijan, stimulate the country’s trade turnover by encouraging entrepreneurship.
These festivals also provide for encouragement of the tax system, improvement of tax administration through the application of the VAT refund system for the goods not intended for production or commercial purposes and which were purchased by individuals during the trade festivals in Azerbaijan, the development of a system for servicing taxpayers.
During the festival, the Tax Free system will be applied for the first time regarding the citizens of Azerbaijan.
Facilities that have joined the VAT refund system will have special stickers entitled “Baku Shopping Festival - Tax Free.” VAT will be refunded only to those citizens of Azerbaijan who purchased the goods at the facilities with such a sticker.
VAT can be refunded in the branches of five banks - Kapital Bank, PASHA Bank, Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan, Bank Silk Way and Azerbaijan Industry Bank.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Dollar set for another weekly loss, euro at three-year high
- 16.02.2018Ambassador: I hope number of people traveling from Italy to Azerbaijan will increase
- 09.02.2018Four countries to launch cruises on Caspian Sea from next year
- 06.02.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens visiting Georgia’s protected territories announced
- 02.02.2018Minister: Russia builds ships for cruise on Caspian Sea
- 31.01.2018President issues decree on improvement of visa issuance procedure for foreigners in airports
- 31.01.2018Minister: Reputation of Azerbaijan’s tourism lowered after cancellation of licences
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev views plans to develop Shahdagh tourism complex
- 08.01.2018Kvartal-95 humor group holds concert in Gabala
- 05.01.2018XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival kicks off in Gabala
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan, Czech Republic may relaunch direct flights
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 12.10.2017Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Minister:Nearly 2 million tourists visited Azerbaijan this year
- 11.09.2017New rector appointed to Azerbaijan Tourism and Management University
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan enters TOP-5 most popular destinations among Russian business travelers
- 15.08.2017Presentation held in Baku of Astana’s tourist potential
- 10.08.2017Qatar facilitates visa regime for Azerbaijani citizens
- 17.07.2017More than 243,000 Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Turkey this year
- 12.07.2017President: There will be even more tourists, we must be ready
- 13.06.2017Number of tourists travelling to Azerbaijan increased 24.5%
- 12.06.2017Health-improving events on Global Wellness Day held in Pullman Baku hotel
- 08.06.2017Number of tourists in Azerbaijan increased 30% - minister
- 08.06.2017Ablufas Garayev: Existing prices on tourism are normal in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2017Ministry comments on reports about candidature of “Artsakh” for Worlds Tourism Organization
- 30.05.2017Ministry of Culture and Tourism addresses to travelling citizens
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan to earn billions of currency from development of tourism – president
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan receives nearly 67,000 Iranian tourists last month
- 21.04.2017Vera Brezhneva: Baku Shopping Festival excites me very much
- 10.04.2017Azerbaijan sees 25% rise in number of tourists during three months of 2017 – president
- 08.04.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on tourism
- 06.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits AITF 2017