Bryza: Baku Shopping Festival – very important for attracting tourists to Azerbaijan
The Baku Shopping Festival is very important for attracting tourists to Azerbaijan, APA cited the former US ambassador to Azerbaijan, Matthew Bryza, as saying on Monday.
Bryza said the application of TAX Free system during the shopping festival is a good idea to attract tourists to Azerbaijan.
“More tourists from Iran and some Arab countries have been previously visiting Azerbaijan. This festival will increase the quota of tourists who are looking for a place different from Dubai,” he added.
The Baku Shopping Festival kicked off on April 10 in Azerbaijan’s capital for the first time.
The festival, which will last until May 10, is being held in accordance with the decree of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev “On additional measures to develop tourism in Azerbaijan” dated Sept.1, 2016.
The purpose of holding trade festivals is to increase the economic and tourist potential of Azerbaijan, stimulate the country’s trade turnover by encouraging entrepreneurship.
These festivals also provide for encouragement of the tax system, improvement of tax administration through the application of the VAT refund system for the goods not intended for production or commercial purposes and which were purchased by individuals during the trade festivals in Azerbaijan, the development of a system for servicing taxpayers.
During the festival, the Tax Free system will be applied for the first time regarding the citizens of Azerbaijan.
Facilities that have joined the VAT refund system will have special stickers entitled “Baku Shopping Festival - Tax Free.” VAT will be refunded only to those citizens of Azerbaijan who purchased the goods at the facilities with such a sticker.
VAT can be refunded in the branches of five banks - Kapital Bank, PASHA Bank, Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan, Bank Silk Way and Azerbaijan Industry Bank.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017EU Delegation to Azerbaijan: Baku Shopping Festival can turn into a new brand
- 26.04.2017Committee chairman: Azerbaijan develops standards on halal tourism
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan sees 22 fold rise in UAE, 30 fold in Iraqi tourists
- 21.04.2017Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan leaves behind Georgia for 6 indicators in tourism
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan plans to create 6 private, 6 public beaches in Baku - minister
- 30.03.2017Azerbaijan to create new beaches along the Caspian coast
- 30.03.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on development of beach tourism in 2107-2020
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan expects good results from “tax-free” practice to be applied in trade festival - minister
- 15.03.2017Leyla Aliyeva attends presentation of “Azerbaijan. Saving gazelles” documentary
- 30.01.2017Strong tourism industry should be created in Azerbaijan – president
- 19.01.2017Azerbaijan sees 5.5 times rise in number of Qatari tourists
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan sees increase in tourist arrivals: deputy minister
- 05.01.2017Over 1 million Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Georgia last year
- 29.12.2016Tourism Board to contribute greatly to development of Azerbaijani tourism sector
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan to create national low-cost airlines
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan to increase number of direct flights to major European cities
- 16.12.2016Number of Arab tourists visiting Azerbaijan increases 8 times in 2016
- 16.11.2016Tourists traveling to Azerbaijan to obtain visa from ASAN Service
- 24.10.2016Croatian president: I hope number of Azerbaijani tourists will increase
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan’s tourism potential highlighted in Brussels
- 05.10.2016Azerbaijan to create 15 regional cultural and tourism offices
- 27.09.2016New flight routes, aviation companies to be opened in cooperation with AZAL – tourism minister
- 27.09.2016Number of Arab tourists visiting Azerbaijan increased eight times
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan elaborates new draft law on tourism
- 02.09.2016Tourism zones to be created based on state-entrepreneur partnership
- 02.09.2016Azerbaijan to appoint tourism representatives to diplomatic missions abroad
- 01.09.2016Azerbaijan to establish Tourism Board
- 01.09.2016Azerbaijani president issues order on funding of several measures for development of tourism
- 18.08.2016Over 10,000 UAE tourists visited Azerbaijan in July
- 12.08.2016Turkish ambassador: Number of Azerbaijani tourists is expected to increase
- 10.08.2016Azerbaijani president attends opening of “Qafqaz Tufandağ Mountain Resort” in Gabala
- 02.08.2016Georgia receives largest number of tourists from Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2016AZAL: Passengers will fly from Baku to Istanbul by higher-capacity passenger aircraft
- 11.07.2016State cannot influence pricing in hotels – minister
- 04.07.2016Georgia receives largest number of tourists from Azerbaijan
- 01.07.2016Number of Azerbaijanis travelling to Russia drops 6.5%
- 29.06.2016Russia lifts sanctions against Turkey
- 24.06.2016Rules of issuing e-visas for foreigners arriving in Azerbaijan enter into force
- 23.06.2016Azerbaijan, Turkey should strengthen tourism ties – minister
- 17.06.2016Tax free shopping to be available for tourists travelling to Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan to earn billions of currency from development of tourism – president
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan receives nearly 67,000 Iranian tourists last month
- 21.04.2017Vera Brezhneva: Baku Shopping Festival excites me very much
- 10.04.2017Azerbaijan sees 25% rise in number of tourists during three months of 2017 – president
- 08.04.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on tourism
- 06.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits AITF 2017