Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
A press conference was held on the Second Shopping Festival to be held from October 15 to November 15.
Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev said there will be certain differences between the first and the second shopping festivals in terms of season and promotion. According to him, the Second Shopping Festival will stimulate the tourist flow to Azerbaijan.
He noted that the participants of the second festival are more than the first. According to him, 467 enterprises registered, number of participants is 578.
Deputy Minister of Taxes Fazil Alekberov noted that number of VAT kiosks has also been increased to 7. As an operator, the Ministry of Taxes is ready for festival.
Official partners of the Baku Shopping Festival are Ministry of Taxes, AZAL, ASAN Service and AzerTurkBank.
At the event, buyers can have a wide array of products to purchase including electronics, clothes, appliances, cosmetics, furniture and more. These are products in special campaign, promos and discounts from leading global brands from more than 400 stores all over Baku. During the festival, not only are buyers being able to buy specially discounted products but also enjoy profitable shopping with ‘Tax Free’ system applied to certain goods and shops available in the festival.
In addition, visitors can enjoy fashion shows, interactive games and a number of other activities that will entertain them. The Baku Shopping Festival is a great opportunity for buyers in Azerbaijan as well as from neighboring countries to purchase products where they can return a part of the VAT from the amount that they spent. The Baku Shopping Festival Tax Free system give Azerbaijan citizens as well as foreign visitors VAT refund for purchases made over 100 AZN and only at stores marked with “Baku Shopping Festival – Tax Free” stickers.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Dollar set for another weekly loss, euro at three-year high
- 16.02.2018Ambassador: I hope number of people traveling from Italy to Azerbaijan will increase
- 09.02.2018Four countries to launch cruises on Caspian Sea from next year
- 06.02.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens visiting Georgia’s protected territories announced
- 02.02.2018Minister: Russia builds ships for cruise on Caspian Sea
- 31.01.2018President issues decree on improvement of visa issuance procedure for foreigners in airports
- 31.01.2018Minister: Reputation of Azerbaijan’s tourism lowered after cancellation of licences
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev views plans to develop Shahdagh tourism complex
- 08.01.2018Kvartal-95 humor group holds concert in Gabala
- 05.01.2018XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival kicks off in Gabala
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan, Czech Republic may relaunch direct flights
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Minister:Nearly 2 million tourists visited Azerbaijan this year
- 11.09.2017New rector appointed to Azerbaijan Tourism and Management University
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan enters TOP-5 most popular destinations among Russian business travelers
- 15.08.2017Presentation held in Baku of Astana’s tourist potential
- 10.08.2017Qatar facilitates visa regime for Azerbaijani citizens
- 17.07.2017More than 243,000 Azerbaijani citizens travelled to Turkey this year
- 12.07.2017President: There will be even more tourists, we must be ready
- 13.06.2017Number of tourists travelling to Azerbaijan increased 24.5%
- 12.06.2017Health-improving events on Global Wellness Day held in Pullman Baku hotel
- 08.06.2017Number of tourists in Azerbaijan increased 30% - minister
- 08.06.2017Ablufas Garayev: Existing prices on tourism are normal in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2017Ministry comments on reports about candidature of “Artsakh” for Worlds Tourism Organization
- 30.05.2017Ministry of Culture and Tourism addresses to travelling citizens
- 24.05.2017Over 187,000 tourists visited Azerbaijan in April
- 11.05.2017Madrid hosting UNWTO session under chairmanship of Abulfas Garayev
- 11.05.2017First Baku Shopping Festival comes to an end
- 08.05.2017Booking.com cooperates with hotels illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijan’s tourism opportunities highlighted at 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue
- 05.05.2017President: All conditions were created in Azerbaijan so that tourists feel themselves comfortable here
- 05.05.2017Last year 5,000 tourists travelled to Hungary from Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan