Azerbaijani judokas claim three more medals at 6th CISM Military World Games
In the first stage, Azerbaijani judoka Vugar Shirinli (60 kg) got ippon victory against Armenian athlete Garik Harutunyan. Then the Azerbaijani athlete came out victorious over his Indonesian and Korean encounters and advanced to the final. In the final, Shirinli was defeated by Felipe Kitadai of Brazil.
Another Azerbaijani judoka Nijat Shikhalizade (66 kg) had managed to reach the semi-final after he gained victory over his rivals from Qatar, Kazakhstan and Korea. But in the semi-final, he defeated by Ali Eid al-Yousif from Egypt. In the match for bronze medal, he won Algerian Bilal Lunauhci.
Huseyn Rahimli (73 kg) won his first three matches against Chinese, Chilean and French judokas. In the semi-final, he lost to Jun Min Lee from Korea. In the match for bronze, Rahimli came out victorious over Mongolian Tumennasan Erdenetogtohu.
Earlier, the Azerbaijani judoka team won one bronze medal.
- 25.04.2015EOC reacts sharply to ‘smear campaign’ against Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2015Azerbaijan - Sport in Focus comes to the National Museum of Sport in Nice - PHOTO
- 12.03.2015Baku-2015: Olympic Stadium awaiting opening - REPORTAGE - PHOTO
- 26.09.2014Baku 2015 European Games hosts first National Olympic Committees Communications Seminar
- 13.06.2014Peralta scores in Mexico's 1-0 win over Cameroon - PHOTO
- 14.01.2014Ronaldo beats Messi & Ribery to Fifa Ballon d'Or
- 14.08.2013Azerbaijani National defeats Malta in a friendly match
- 20.06.2013National team of Azerbaijan becomes European Champion in freestyle wrestling
- 23.11.2011Inter march on thanks to Trabzonspor draw
- 13.10.2009Kamaladdin Heydarov re-elected as vice-president of World Taekwondo Federation
- 05.03.2016APAsport agency celebrates 9th birthday
- 28.04.2016Atletico Madrid beats Bayern Munich in Champions League semi-final
- 10.09.2015Armenian chess players arrive in Azerbaijan
- 09.09.2015Azad Rahimov: Azerbaijan makes concession to Levon Aronian
- 18.05.2015First European Games discussed in Ethiopia