President Ilham Aliyev receives Islamic religious figures from North Caucasian republics of Russia - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev received a delegation of Islamic religious figures of the North Caucasian republics of the Russian Federation on December 22.
President Ilham Aliyev, touching upon the “2017- Year of Islamic Solidarity: Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue” international conference held in Baku, said the event contributes to further rapprochement of various religions and peoples, strengthening of international cooperation.
The Azerbaijani president expressed satisfaction with the participation of Islamic religious figures of the North Caucasian republics of the Russian Federation in the conference. He stressed that such meetings held on a regular basis serve to further strengthening of friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Russia, including the North Caucasian republics.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that despite completion of the year 2017, announced the Year of Islamic Solidarity, Azerbaijan will continue contributing to the solidarity of the world Muslims, cooperation among Muslim countries, and from this point of view, an upcoming coordination council will create good possibility for future joint activities.
Speaking on behalf of the guests, Ismail Berdiyev, a senior Muslim cleric of the Karachay-Cherkess Republic of the Russian Federation, said that as always, they are greatly satisfied with meeting President Ilham Aliyev.
He expressed deep gratitude to the president of Azerbaijan for the support given to the organization of the international conference titled “2017- Year of Islamic Solidarity: Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue” at a high level and noted with satisfaction the contribution of this event to the strengthening of friendship among the peoples.
Commemorating the great leader Heydar Aliyev with deep respect, Ismail Berdiyev said the policy pursued by Heydar Aliyev for the well-being of the Azerbaijani people is successfully continued by President Ilham Aliyev. Berdiyev noted that the development processes seen by members of the delegation during their current visit to Azerbaijan, as always, made a great impression on them.
Expressing gratitude for the warm words, the Azerbaijani president stressed that stability, peaceful coexistence of representatives of different religions and peoples play an important role in improving the welfare of the people and in ensuring the rapid economic development of Azerbaijan achieved in recent years.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that Muslim countries experience problems that cause concern. Strengthening of solidarity among Muslim countries is of great importance for the elimination of these problems, he said, stressing that Azerbaijan will continue to make its contribution to this.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani State Committee warns over recitation of adhan at various times in Ramadan
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes some clerics for officiating marriage of minors
- 17.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets AIPAC and Simon Wiesenthal Center leadership in Los Angeles
- 17.05.2018Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 16.05.2018Sinai Temple of Los Angeles hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multi-faith harmony
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: President was enraged over demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: Some circles want to spark unrest in Azerbaijan at the hands of believers
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Imams and akhunds who attend luxurious ceremonies before iftar will be penalized
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: There is fake mullah problem in Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2018Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Ramadan
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Al-Quds is capital of Palestine and belongs to Muslims
- 14.05.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani citizens filled
- 30.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan increased
- 19.04.2018List of religious figures to be rendered financial support presented to Moral Values Promotion Foundation
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Haji Javad Mosque’s building - UPDATED
- 06.04.2018Salman Musayev awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 04.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan reduced
- 29.03.2018Haji Javad Mosque in Baku to open this year
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: ‘What would I have to do with donation boxes?’
- 28.03.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan appeal to international community
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: Armenians who became our neighbors 200 years ago turned out to be wicked
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani citizens to pay for Hajj pilgrimage in installments
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani State Committee prevents import of books promoting religious radicalism
- 21.02.2018CMO specifies conditions for Hajj refund
- 21.02.2018Timeframe fixed for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations granted new powers
- 16.02.2018Pilgrims from Azerbaijan banned from leaving Mecca during Hajj
- 15.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijan increased up to 2,000
- 14.02.2018CMO to compensate families of deceased Hajj pilgrims
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman gives instruction to akhunds and imams
- 14.02.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman: It’d displease Allah to be dissatisfied with conditions created for believers in Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani pilgrims sharply reduces
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan to establish Institute of Theology
- 07.02.2018Illegal place of worship found in Khazar district
- 29.01.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry: 162 people violated freedom of religion in 2017
- 25.01.2018CMO chairman to visit Turkey
- 24.01.2018Mubariz Gurbanli: Rules regulating cemeteries and funerals ready
- 19.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 4M to Caucasian Muslims Office
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani State Committee chairman stresses need for intra-Islamic dialogue
- 27.12.2017State Committee: Radical groups prevented from taking roots in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.201730 mln people to go on Hajj pilgrimage in coming years
- 21.12.2017Participants of Baku int'l conference appeal to heads of states, international organizations and religious leaders
- 21.12.2017Sunnis and Shiites pray together in Azerbaijan: American rabbi
- 21.12.2017Deputy Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and Palestinian Territories appeals to Muslim world