Participants of Islamic solidarity conference in Baku appeal to int’l community
Participants of the “Islamic Solidarity – The Call of The Time” international conference, held in Baku March 15, have adopted an appeal to the international community.
“Within the framework of the ‘Year of Islamic Solidarity’, declared in Azerbaijan upon the order of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Baku hosted Wednesday an international conference entitled “Islamic Solidarity – The Call of The Time”, with the participation of prominent statesmen, scientific and religious figures from Russia, Turkey, Iran, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Belarus, Ukraine, as well as heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan, members of the government and parliament, representatives of diplomatic corps accredited in Azerbaijan,” said the appeal.
The participants stated that the support provided by the Azerbaijani state for the development of intercivilizational, interreligious and intercultural dialogue, the ideas of multiculturalism, and the religious and cultural environment deserves is praiseworthy.
The participants stressed that at a time when the East and West are facing sharp contradictions, the Azerbaijani state demonstrates to the whole world its peacemaking spirit, its culture to conduct dialogue, and moral values and the progressive essence of Islam.
Underlining the importance of the ideas of multiculturalism and Islamic solidarity in the modern world, the conference participants called on the international community, state, scientific and religious figures to unite efforts to prevent threats such as religious radicalism, sectarian discrimination, xenophobia, anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.
The appeal also expressed support for a fair and peaceful solution to all conflicts, including the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in line with the norms of international law.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018CMO chairman: There is unmatched kindness among sects in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan celebrates Eid al-Fitr
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates financial aid to religious organizations
- 07.06.2018President: "Representatives of all religions live as one family in Azerbaijan"
- 06.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends Iftar ceremony on occasion of holy month of Ramadan - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani State Committee warns over recitation of adhan at various times in Ramadan
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes some clerics for officiating marriage of minors
- 17.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets AIPAC and Simon Wiesenthal Center leadership in Los Angeles
- 17.05.2018Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 16.05.2018Sinai Temple of Los Angeles hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multi-faith harmony
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: President was enraged over demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: Some circles want to spark unrest in Azerbaijan at the hands of believers
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Imams and akhunds who attend luxurious ceremonies before iftar will be penalized
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: There is fake mullah problem in Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2018Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Ramadan
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Al-Quds is capital of Palestine and belongs to Muslims
- 14.05.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani citizens filled
- 30.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan increased
- 19.04.2018List of religious figures to be rendered financial support presented to Moral Values Promotion Foundation
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Haji Javad Mosque’s building - UPDATED
- 06.04.2018Salman Musayev awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 04.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan reduced
- 29.03.2018Haji Javad Mosque in Baku to open this year
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: ‘What would I have to do with donation boxes?’
- 28.03.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan appeal to international community
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: Armenians who became our neighbors 200 years ago turned out to be wicked
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani citizens to pay for Hajj pilgrimage in installments
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani State Committee prevents import of books promoting religious radicalism
- 21.02.2018CMO specifies conditions for Hajj refund
- 21.02.2018Timeframe fixed for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations granted new powers
- 16.02.2018Pilgrims from Azerbaijan banned from leaving Mecca during Hajj
- 15.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijan increased up to 2,000
- 14.02.2018CMO to compensate families of deceased Hajj pilgrims
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman gives instruction to akhunds and imams
- 14.02.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman: It’d displease Allah to be dissatisfied with conditions created for believers in Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani pilgrims sharply reduces
- 17.03.2017AZN 3 million allocated to Caucasian Muslims Board
- 29.03.2017CMO urges int’l community to legally assess Armenia’s acts of genocide against Azerbaijanis
- 10.04.2017Illegal gathering of Jehovah witnesses prevented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Archimandrite Philaret: Azerbaijan – a good example of coexistence of various religions
- 15.03.2017Patriarch of All Georgia: Like other religions, Islam has also faced global challenges
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Islamic solidarity is vitally important