Newly allocated site for construction of Haji Javad mosque inspected
Azerbaijan’s First Deputy Prime Minister Yagub Eyyubov, Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) Sheikh-ul-Islam Allahshukur Pashazade and Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli on Thursday inspected the newly allocated site for the construction of Haji Javad Mosque located in 79 Abdulla Shaig Street, Yasamal district, Baku, the CMO told APA.
The inspection was conducted under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev.
Yagub Eyyubov noted that large-scale construction work that is underway Azerbaijan, in particular in Baku, the reconstruction of historical and religious places, as well as the ongoing measures aimed at improving the welfare of the people are a clear example of the care of President Ilham Aliyev and First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva.
Having familiarized himself with the site and the project of the mosque, CMO Chairman Allahshukur Pashazade said that President Ilham Aliyev always cares for the needs of believers.
Pashazade expressed his satisfaction with the high level of state-religion relations in the country, the CMO chairman hailed the role of the managements of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations in this work.
Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli noted that the proper site for the new mosque to be constructed to meet the spiritual needs of religious figures, and its graceful design is due to the attention and support of the Azerbaijani state, especially the president. He expressed hope that the new building of Haji Javad mosque that will be ready until the next Ramadan month will be a pleasant holiday gift for Azerbaijani religious figures.
The religious figures, on behalf of the worshipers of Haji Javad mosque expressed gratitude to President Ilham Aliyev for such a valuable contribution and said that they want to address a letter of gratitude to the president.
- 20.09.2017Head of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions to visit Brussels
- 14.09.2017Believers propose abolishing post of akhunds in Azerbaijani mosques
- 14.09.2017Mubariz Gurbanli, Allahshukur Pashazade differ on use of loudspeakers at mosques
- 14.09.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on month of Muharram
- 12.09.2017First group of Azerbaijani Hajj pilgrims returns home
- 08.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade invited Patriarch Kirill to visit Armenian church in Baku
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill calls for release of captives of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 08.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to Karekin II: Occupied Azerbaijan lands should be liberated
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani, Russian and Armenian religious leaders meet in Moscow
- 07.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade leaves for Moscow to meet Catholicos Karekin II
- 05.09.2017CMO strongly condemns Myanmar’s violence against Rohingya Muslims
- 01.09.2017Georgian government’s officials visit Juma Mosque
- 01.09.2017Eid al-Adha prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 01.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Eid al-Adha
- 29.08.2017Month of Muharram to begin on September 22
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian religious leaders to meet in Moscow - UPDATED
- 25.08.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Eid al-Adha
- 24.08.2017First groups of Azerbaijani pilgrims leave for Hajj
- 23.08.2017Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 22.08.2017State Committee: Religious education in Azerbaijan’s secondary schools out of question
- 17.08.2017“Threats of religious radicalism in Azerbaijan have almost been eliminated”
- 15.07.2017Prayer of unity performed in Baku over anniversary of Turkey coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Heydar Mosque holds event to commemorate victims of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Prayer of unity to be performed in Baku over anniversary of Turkey coup attempt
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijani mosques to commemorate Alkhanli victims
- 26.06.2017CMO chairman: Some countries interfere with our domestic affairs, seeking to create religious discrimination
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijan marks Ramadan Holiday
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on freedom of religion
- 21.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer to be performed in Azerbaijan on June 26
- 21.06.2017Committee chairman: Leading religious rituals without CMO permission ‘illegal’
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani State Committee comments on Georgia’s disapproval of filming conducted in St. George’s Church in Gakh
- 20.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended Iftar ceremony on the occasion of holy month of Ramadan
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates financial assistance to religious organizations
- 24.05.2017Allahshukur Pashazade calls on religious people to steer clear of religious discrimination during sermons
- 24.05.2017CMO chairman urges believers not to comment on events taking place in other countries
- 24.05.2017CMO chairman: Imams and akhunds who take part in gatherings before Iftar during Ramadan will be fired
- 24.05.2017CMO warns religious people about use of Ramadan calendars
- 24.05.2017Ramadan to start on May 27 - FATWA
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament amends law on religious freedom
- 04.05.2017CMO: Ramadan to start on Mary 27
- 05.06.2017Saudi Arabia warns pilgrims
- 07.06.2017CMO chairman dismisses religious figure for acting against Ramadan fatwa
- 16.06.2017Committee chairman: 96% of Azerbaijani population are Muslim
- 27.05.2017Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani religious community chairman dismissed for having illegal gathering - EXCLUSIVE
- 24.05.2017“Some forces try to undermine Azerbaijani model of state-religion relations”