Newly allocated site for construction of Haji Javad mosque inspected
Azerbaijan’s First Deputy Prime Minister Yagub Eyyubov, Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) Sheikh-ul-Islam Allahshukur Pashazade and Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli on Thursday inspected the newly allocated site for the construction of Haji Javad Mosque located in 79 Abdulla Shaig Street, Yasamal district, Baku, the CMO told APA.
The inspection was conducted under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev.
Yagub Eyyubov noted that large-scale construction work that is underway Azerbaijan, in particular in Baku, the reconstruction of historical and religious places, as well as the ongoing measures aimed at improving the welfare of the people are a clear example of the care of President Ilham Aliyev and First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva.
Having familiarized himself with the site and the project of the mosque, CMO Chairman Allahshukur Pashazade said that President Ilham Aliyev always cares for the needs of believers.
Pashazade expressed his satisfaction with the high level of state-religion relations in the country, the CMO chairman hailed the role of the managements of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations in this work.
Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli noted that the proper site for the new mosque to be constructed to meet the spiritual needs of religious figures, and its graceful design is due to the attention and support of the Azerbaijani state, especially the president. He expressed hope that the new building of Haji Javad mosque that will be ready until the next Ramadan month will be a pleasant holiday gift for Azerbaijani religious figures.
The religious figures, on behalf of the worshipers of Haji Javad mosque expressed gratitude to President Ilham Aliyev for such a valuable contribution and said that they want to address a letter of gratitude to the president.
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia organize int’l conference on interfaith dialogue - UPDATED
- 23.11.2017Karabakh conflict planted seeds of separatism, ethnic strife in post-Soviet territory – CMO chairman
- 25.10.2017Patriarch Kirill: Desecration of religious monuments is perilous for any conflict
- 18.10.2017Protocols drawn up in relation two persons for execution of illegal religious rituals in Baku
- 13.10.2017Knowledge Fund: Some families in Azerbaijan follow sectarian rules
- 13.10.2017Some websites propagate religious discrimination in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 06.10.2017Another 10 mosques entrusted to Muslim community in Georgia
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Shamakhi Juma Mosque is of great importance for entire Muslim world
- 01.10.2017Azerbaijan marks Ashura Day
- 29.09.2017Representatives of Azerbaijan’s religious communities visit NATO Headquarters
- 25.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Terror attacks committed under guise of Islam are biggest injustice towards Muslims
- 22.09.2017Ashura commemorations in Azerbaijan will be held in line with fatwa – committee chairman
- 22.09.2017Month of Muharram begins
- 20.09.2017Head of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions to visit Brussels
- 14.09.2017Believers propose abolishing post of akhunds in Azerbaijani mosques
- 14.09.2017Mubariz Gurbanli, Allahshukur Pashazade differ on use of loudspeakers at mosques
- 14.09.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on month of Muharram
- 12.09.2017First group of Azerbaijani Hajj pilgrims returns home
- 08.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade invited Patriarch Kirill to visit Armenian church in Baku
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill calls for release of captives of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 08.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to Karekin II: Occupied Azerbaijan lands should be liberated
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani, Russian and Armenian religious leaders meet in Moscow
- 07.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade leaves for Moscow to meet Catholicos Karekin II
- 05.09.2017CMO strongly condemns Myanmar’s violence against Rohingya Muslims
- 01.09.2017Georgian government’s officials visit Juma Mosque
- 01.09.2017Eid al-Adha prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 01.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Eid al-Adha
- 29.08.2017Month of Muharram to begin on September 22
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian religious leaders to meet in Moscow - UPDATED
- 25.08.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Eid al-Adha
- 24.08.2017First groups of Azerbaijani pilgrims leave for Hajj
- 23.08.2017Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 22.08.2017State Committee: Religious education in Azerbaijan’s secondary schools out of question
- 17.08.2017“Threats of religious radicalism in Azerbaijan have almost been eliminated”
- 15.07.2017Prayer of unity performed in Baku over anniversary of Turkey coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Heydar Mosque holds event to commemorate victims of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Prayer of unity to be performed in Baku over anniversary of Turkey coup attempt
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijani mosques to commemorate Alkhanli victims
- 26.06.2017CMO chairman: Some countries interfere with our domestic affairs, seeking to create religious discrimination
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijan marks Ramadan Holiday
- 05.06.2017Saudi Arabia warns pilgrims
- 07.06.2017CMO chairman dismisses religious figure for acting against Ramadan fatwa
- 16.06.2017Committee chairman: 96% of Azerbaijani population are Muslim
- 27.05.2017Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani religious community chairman dismissed for having illegal gathering - EXCLUSIVE
- 24.05.2017“Some forces try to undermine Azerbaijani model of state-religion relations”