CMO chairman: Some countries interfere with our domestic affairs, seeking to create religious discrimination
“I’m asking Allah to grant us victory and cause us to liberate our lands so that we can hear the adhan in our Karabakh,” Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) Allahshukur Pashazade said following the Eid prayer in Ajdarbey mosque, APA reported.
The CMO chairman noted that unity is dominant throughout the country.
“Today we prayed altogether without denominational discrimination. That’s a policy of our state. Some countries interfere with our domestic affairs, seeking to create religious discrimination. However, we won’t give them that opportunity because we have a tolerant state which has created all conditions for believers. I’m very happy that the country which had just 17 mosques during the Soviet period has in excess of 2,000 mosques now. It’s a great pride that we heard the adhan in parts of our lands liberated from Armenian invasion. The construction of that beautiful mosque in Jojug Marjanli gives us hope that our lands will soon be liberated,” he said.
He also added that there is an equal attitude in Azerbaijan towards all faiths.
“Muslims, Christians, and Jews were given financial aid recently, with no discrimination. That’s a policy of the State of Azerbaijan which is already coming to fruition,” he said.
Pashazadeh congratulated the people of Azerbaijan on Eid al-Fitr.
“May Allah increase us in unity and give more power to our state and army,” he said.
Related news releases
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia organize int’l conference on interfaith dialogue - UPDATED
- 23.11.2017Karabakh conflict planted seeds of separatism, ethnic strife in post-Soviet territory – CMO chairman
- 25.10.2017Patriarch Kirill: Desecration of religious monuments is perilous for any conflict
- 18.10.2017Protocols drawn up in relation two persons for execution of illegal religious rituals in Baku
- 13.10.2017Knowledge Fund: Some families in Azerbaijan follow sectarian rules
- 13.10.2017Some websites propagate religious discrimination in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 06.10.2017Another 10 mosques entrusted to Muslim community in Georgia
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Shamakhi Juma Mosque is of great importance for entire Muslim world
- 01.10.2017Azerbaijan marks Ashura Day
- 29.09.2017Representatives of Azerbaijan’s religious communities visit NATO Headquarters
- 25.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Terror attacks committed under guise of Islam are biggest injustice towards Muslims
- 22.09.2017Ashura commemorations in Azerbaijan will be held in line with fatwa – committee chairman
- 22.09.2017Month of Muharram begins
- 20.09.2017Head of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions to visit Brussels
- 14.09.2017Believers propose abolishing post of akhunds in Azerbaijani mosques
- 14.09.2017Mubariz Gurbanli, Allahshukur Pashazade differ on use of loudspeakers at mosques
- 14.09.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on month of Muharram
- 12.09.2017First group of Azerbaijani Hajj pilgrims returns home
- 08.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade invited Patriarch Kirill to visit Armenian church in Baku
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill calls for release of captives of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 08.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to Karekin II: Occupied Azerbaijan lands should be liberated
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani, Russian and Armenian religious leaders meet in Moscow
- 07.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade leaves for Moscow to meet Catholicos Karekin II
- 05.09.2017CMO strongly condemns Myanmar’s violence against Rohingya Muslims
- 01.09.2017Georgian government’s officials visit Juma Mosque
- 01.09.2017Eid al-Adha prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 01.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Eid al-Adha
- 29.08.2017Month of Muharram to begin on September 22
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian religious leaders to meet in Moscow - UPDATED
- 25.08.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Eid al-Adha
- 24.08.2017First groups of Azerbaijani pilgrims leave for Hajj
- 23.08.2017Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 22.08.2017State Committee: Religious education in Azerbaijan’s secondary schools out of question
- 17.08.2017“Threats of religious radicalism in Azerbaijan have almost been eliminated”
- 15.07.2017Prayer of unity performed in Baku over anniversary of Turkey coup attempt
- 21.06.2017Committee chairman: Leading religious rituals without CMO permission ‘illegal’
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani State Committee comments on Georgia’s disapproval of filming conducted in St. George’s Church in Gakh
- 20.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended Iftar ceremony on the occasion of holy month of Ramadan
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates financial assistance to religious organizations
- 16.06.2017Committee chairman: 96% of Azerbaijani population are Muslim
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijani mosques to commemorate Alkhanli victims
- 14.07.2017Prayer of unity to be performed in Baku over anniversary of Turkey coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Heydar Mosque holds event to commemorate victims of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijan marks Ramadan Holiday
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on freedom of religion
- 21.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer to be performed in Azerbaijan on June 26