Azerbaijani president receives Saudi deputy minister of Islamic affairs - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Deputy Minister of Islamic Affairs, Dawah and Guidance of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Tawfiq al-Sudairi.
Tawfiq Al-Sudairi thanked the Azerbaijani head of state for his support to the organization of “2017- Year of Islamic Solidarity: Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue” international conference in Baku.
Tawfiq Al-Sudairi recalled his meeting with national leader Heydar Aliyev during his visit to Azerbaijan in 1998. The relations between the two countries have been rapidly developing ever since, he noted. “Both the King and people of Saudi Arabia feel love and friendship for the Azerbaijani President, government and people.”
Tawfiq Al-Sudairi said Azerbaijan has been developing rapidly in all areas over the twenty years since his visit to the country. He said this has been possible due to President Ilham Aliyev’s wise leadership and policy aimed at ensuring the future of the country and prosperity of the people.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed Saudi Arabia`s high-level representation in “2017- Year of Islamic Solidarity: Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue” international conference.
President Ilham Aliyev praised the high level of the bilateral relations between the two countries, and recalled his official visit to Saudi Arabia.
The head of state stressed that the Azerbaijani government and people highly appreciate the fact that Saudi Arabia has not built any relations with Armenia that occupied Azerbaijani territories, destroyed Islamic monuments and mosques.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018Perpetrators of terrorist attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja controlled by foreign circles: State Committee
- 11.07.201841 false clerics exposed in Azerbaijan over the past year
- 09.07.2018Departure and return dates changed for Azerbaijani Hajj pilgrims
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani State Committee on Work with Religious Organization may be granted additional power
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani State Committee: Some people want to turn their house or garage into mosque
- 15.06.2018CMO chairman: There is unmatched kindness among sects in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan celebrates Eid al-Fitr
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates financial aid to religious organizations
- 07.06.2018President: "Representatives of all religions live as one family in Azerbaijan"
- 06.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends Iftar ceremony on occasion of holy month of Ramadan - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani State Committee warns over recitation of adhan at various times in Ramadan
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes some clerics for officiating marriage of minors
- 17.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets AIPAC and Simon Wiesenthal Center leadership in Los Angeles
- 17.05.2018Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 16.05.2018Sinai Temple of Los Angeles hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multi-faith harmony
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: President was enraged over demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: Some circles want to spark unrest in Azerbaijan at the hands of believers
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Imams and akhunds who attend luxurious ceremonies before iftar will be penalized
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: There is fake mullah problem in Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2018Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Ramadan
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Al-Quds is capital of Palestine and belongs to Muslims
- 14.05.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani citizens filled
- 30.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan increased
- 19.04.2018List of religious figures to be rendered financial support presented to Moral Values Promotion Foundation
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Haji Javad Mosque’s building - UPDATED
- 06.04.2018Salman Musayev awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 04.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan reduced
- 29.03.2018Haji Javad Mosque in Baku to open this year
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: ‘What would I have to do with donation boxes?’
- 28.03.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan appeal to international community
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: Armenians who became our neighbors 200 years ago turned out to be wicked
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani citizens to pay for Hajj pilgrimage in installments
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani State Committee prevents import of books promoting religious radicalism
- 21.02.2018CMO specifies conditions for Hajj refund
- 21.02.2018Timeframe fixed for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations granted new powers
- 16.02.2018Pilgrims from Azerbaijan banned from leaving Mecca during Hajj
- 15.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijan increased up to 2,000
- 21.12.2017Deputy Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and Palestinian Territories appeals to Muslim world
- 21.12.2017Sunnis and Shiites pray together in Azerbaijan: American rabbi
- 21.12.2017Participants of Baku int'l conference appeal to heads of states, international organizations and religious leaders
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Egypt's grand mufti - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017State Committee comments on proposal of creating ‘military cemetery’
- 18.12.2017Work underway to bring remaining Azerbaijani children home from Iraq – State Committee