Two of persons arrested over Ismayilli incidents released in court-room
Baku. Shahriyar Alizadeh – APA. Shaki Court of Grave Crimes completed the court hearing on the criminal case of the persons arrested over Ismayilli incidents.
Lawyer Nizami Abbasov told APA that the judgment was passed at the hearing. According to the judgment, Anar Hasanov and Gambar Aghamaliyev were released conditionally in the court-room. Elshan Ismayilov was granted a two-year sentence reduction. Appeals of the others were rejected.
The joint statement issued by the Proseutor General’s Office and the Interior Ministry said that the acts of hooliganism of administrator of “Chirag” hotel, drunken Emil Shamsaddinov and his relative Elmaddin Mammadov, who damaged private property, caused mass incident in Ismayilli region on January 23. As a result of this, a group of people gathered at the site burnt “Chirag” hotel and the various cars. According to their illegal actions, Emil Shamsaddinov and Elmaddin Mammadov were brought to account and sentenced to pretrial detention.
Residents of the region, who violated public order, intentionally damaged private property, used force against government representatives and actively participated in the incidents, were arrested.
Investigations also revealed that Deputy Chairman of Musavat Party Tofig Yagublu and co-chairman of REAL Movement Ilgar Mammadov went to Ismayilli on January 24 and urged the residents of the region to resist to the police, block the traffic in order to violate socio-political stability. Their illicit actions aiming to aggravate the situation in the country will be legally assessed by a thorough investigation.
Under the judgment passed by Shaki Court of Grave Crimes, Safar Aghamaliyev, Anar Hasanov and Asif Ibrahimov were sentenced to 8 years in prison, Ilgar Mammadov to 7 years, Elshan Gurbanov to 5 years 6 months, Tofig Yagublu to 5 years, Elshan Ismayilli to 5 years, Jafar Jafarov to 4 years 6 months, Gambar Aghamaliyev to 4 years 6 months and Shukran Mehbaliyev to 2 years 6 months in prison.
Other defendants faced conditional sentence.
Related news releases
- 04.06.2016Tactical-training exercise of special forces held in Russian embassy
- 30.05.2016Fire occurred in Hajigabul, 180 Eldar pines burned
- 23.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan’s Baku branch sues state body
- 23.01.2016ICYF: “Fakhraddin Aliyev was not our employee”
- 20.01.2016Heavy blast in Kabul near Russian Embassy
- 20.01.2016Azerbaijan commemorating 20 January martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.01.2016Man found hanged in Azerbaijan’s Shaki
- 12.12.2015Ammo found on roadside in Nardaran
- 12.12.2015Azerbaijani criminal 'authority' killed in Russia
- 12.12.2015Car hits 11-year-old schoolboy in Goychay
- 12.12.2015Man accused of murdering one of Azerbaijani Diaspora leaders in Ukraine internationally declared wanted
- 12.12.2015Lerik resident kills his sister
- 16.10.2015Turkey confirms Azerbaijani citizen among Ankara bombing suspects
- 16.10.2015Bodies of two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing in summer 2014 found in river in Russia
- 03.10.2015Advisor to APFP Chairman Mammad Ibrahim arrested
- 12.09.2015Hail in Gakh, Zagatala, Balaken seriously damages private households
- 12.09.2015Renowned professor’s two sons on Interpol search list
- 12.09.2015Azerbaijan investigating presence of its citizens among victims in Mecca
- 03.09.2015Fire occurred in Domodedovo airport, flights to Azerbaijan postponed
- 28.08.2015Man shot to death in Baku was company director - PHOTO
- 22.08.2015Interior Ministry releases official statement on incidents in Mingechevir
- 22.08.201524-year-old boy commits suicide in Saatli
- 22.08.2015Lankaran resident mysteriously knifed
- 22.08.201559-year-old man throws himself into lake in Azerbaijan
- 22.08.20151 dead, 1 injured as car turns over in Baku-Guba highway
- 21.08.2015Arson committed in refugee camp settled by Azerbaijanis in Germany - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 24.07.2015Russian nationalists’ leader killing Azerbaijani student in Russia sentenced to life imprisonment
- 16.07.2015Azerbaijani police to tighten security measures in Ramadan holiday
- 13.07.2015Criminal group members detained over embezzlement of AZN 3.4 mln from Baku citizen
- 10.07.2015Azerbaijan neutralized 142 criminal groups suspected of committing grave or especially grave crimes this year
- 06.07.2015Three people injured at plant blast in Shirvan taken to Republican Burn Center
- 02.07.2015Body of 14-year-old teen drowned at sea in Baku found
- 02.07.2015Quake hits Ganja
- 13.06.2015IRFS head Emin Huseynov leaves for Switzerland
- 13.06.2015One arrested over accident occurred in Athletes Village - OFFICIAL
- 28.05.2015Azerbaijan declares two persons internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 22.05.20154 arrested over fire accidents in Baku’s Binagadi, Khatai districts
- 21.05.2015Four more arrested over fatal fire outbreak in Baku
- 21.05.2015Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situation releases information about fire occurred in passenger train
- 15.05.2015Haji Ibrahim Nehramli clarifies reports on his detention
- 25.09.2014PACE President visits Sheki penitentiary facility
- 25.09.2014Turkish businessman smuggling ecstasy and other drugs to Azerbaijan detained - PHOTOSESSION
- 25.09.2014Court hearing on criminal case launched over financial irregularities at Azerbaijan University of Languages scheduled
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijan’s National Security Ministry arrests a number of people accused of fighting under ISIL and other armed groups
- 23.09.2014Azerbaijani MP’s nephew accused of murder sentenced to life imprisonment
- 23.09.2014Municipality chairman commits suicide in Azerbaijan - VİDEO