General Prosecutor’s Office issues statement on Khadija Ismayilova’s arrest
According to press service of the Office, criminal case was launched under the article #125 of the Criminal Code (Bringing to suicide) over the fact of Tural Mustafayev, a former employee of Radio Azadliq and Meydan TV, making a suicide attempt taking zinc oxide.
T. Mustafayev appealed to the General Prosecutor’s Office and asked to take measures on bringing to suicide by Khadija Rovshan Ismayilova by putting pressure upon and following him, insulting the honour and dignity while working in that press.
It was revealed with the investigation that T. Mustafayev started to work at Radio Azadliq in February, 2013, got acquainted with journalist Khadija Ismayilova. They has close relations and Mustafayev lived in her apartment constantly. Ismayilova protected and helped him to improve welfare by using her personal contacts and consequently, he depended on her. As their relations were broken off because of jealousy, Ismayilova used her personal prestige and achieved his dismissal in November, 2013. A while ago, their relations normalized and Ismayilova helped him to work at Meydan TV with high salary. However, when Ismayilova found out that he intends to marry to other woman, Mustafayev was dismissed from Meydan TV under her instigation in 2014.
The investigation also revealed that On May 1, 2014, Mustafayev attempted to commit suicide by hanging himself with buttonhole made by bed-sheet in the apartment which he rented because of facing pressures and threats by Khadija but it did not happen due to reason that doesn’t depend on himself.
Ismayilova was arrested for insulting Mustavayev’s honour and dignity iin the social networks and among her friends due to breaking off their relations and his intention to marry to another woman, achieving his dismissal and making him depend on her, worsening financial situation, threading him with releasing disgraceful information if the relations don’t normalize, disregarding Mustafayev’s warnings about committing suicide if she continues intruding upon him.
On the basis of collected evidences, Sabail District Court sentenced Khadija Ismayilova to pre-trial detention.
The investigation is underway.
Related news releases
- 02.11.2017Caspian 2017 int’l exercise kicks off in Baku
- 04.06.2016Tactical-training exercise of special forces held in Russian embassy
- 30.05.2016Fire occurred in Hajigabul, 180 Eldar pines burned
- 23.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan’s Baku branch sues state body
- 23.01.2016ICYF: “Fakhraddin Aliyev was not our employee”
- 20.01.2016Heavy blast in Kabul near Russian Embassy
- 20.01.2016Azerbaijan commemorating 20 January martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.01.2016Man found hanged in Azerbaijan’s Shaki
- 12.12.2015Ammo found on roadside in Nardaran
- 12.12.2015Azerbaijani criminal 'authority' killed in Russia
- 12.12.2015Car hits 11-year-old schoolboy in Goychay
- 12.12.2015Man accused of murdering one of Azerbaijani Diaspora leaders in Ukraine internationally declared wanted
- 12.12.2015Lerik resident kills his sister
- 16.10.2015Turkey confirms Azerbaijani citizen among Ankara bombing suspects
- 16.10.2015Bodies of two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing in summer 2014 found in river in Russia
- 03.10.2015Advisor to APFP Chairman Mammad Ibrahim arrested
- 12.09.2015Hail in Gakh, Zagatala, Balaken seriously damages private households
- 12.09.2015Renowned professor’s two sons on Interpol search list
- 12.09.2015Azerbaijan investigating presence of its citizens among victims in Mecca
- 03.09.2015Fire occurred in Domodedovo airport, flights to Azerbaijan postponed
- 28.08.2015Man shot to death in Baku was company director - PHOTO
- 22.08.2015Interior Ministry releases official statement on incidents in Mingechevir
- 22.08.201524-year-old boy commits suicide in Saatli
- 22.08.2015Lankaran resident mysteriously knifed
- 22.08.201559-year-old man throws himself into lake in Azerbaijan
- 22.08.20151 dead, 1 injured as car turns over in Baku-Guba highway
- 21.08.2015Arson committed in refugee camp settled by Azerbaijanis in Germany - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 24.07.2015Russian nationalists’ leader killing Azerbaijani student in Russia sentenced to life imprisonment
- 16.07.2015Azerbaijani police to tighten security measures in Ramadan holiday
- 13.07.2015Criminal group members detained over embezzlement of AZN 3.4 mln from Baku citizen
- 10.07.2015Azerbaijan neutralized 142 criminal groups suspected of committing grave or especially grave crimes this year
- 06.07.2015Three people injured at plant blast in Shirvan taken to Republican Burn Center
- 02.07.2015Body of 14-year-old teen drowned at sea in Baku found
- 02.07.2015Quake hits Ganja
- 13.06.2015IRFS head Emin Huseynov leaves for Switzerland
- 13.06.2015One arrested over accident occurred in Athletes Village - OFFICIAL
- 28.05.2015Azerbaijan declares two persons internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 22.05.20154 arrested over fire accidents in Baku’s Binagadi, Khatai districts
- 21.05.2015Four more arrested over fatal fire outbreak in Baku
- 21.05.2015Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situation releases information about fire occurred in passenger train
- 09.12.2014Some details emerge on murder of Azerbaijani soldier serving in Russian army
- 10.12.2014Lawyer Elchin Namazov released
- 11.12.2014Main streets and avenues of Baku to be closed tomorrow
- 05.12.2014Khadija Ismayilova arrested
- 04.12.2014Trial of nurchus detained Azerbaijan starts
- 03.12.2014Azerbaijani citizen fought in Syria arrested in airport