Bodies of two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing in summer 2014 found in river in Russia
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Ikram Adilov and Jahangir Aliyev, the two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing on 30 July 2014 in Ukraine’s Luhansk Province have been found dead.
Abilov’s brother Ramiz Abilov told APA that during interrogation two members of the arrested criminal group suspected of committing crimes in Ukrainian-controlled parts of Luhansk Province have confessed to killing the businessman.
Detained Ukrainian citizens Yuri Vladimirovich Plitenko and Alexander Anatolyevich Solovyev have given details of how they killed the Azerbaijanis.
The murderers said they were informed of the Azerbaijani businessman having returned from a business trip to Russia with a great deal of money. They then detain the businessmen and killed them, and then threw their bodies to a river. Three days later – on August 2, the dead bodies of the Azerbaijani businessmen were found in a river in Kamensk-Shakhtinsky region of Russia’s Rostov Oblast.
The police conducted documentation and buried the bodies.
Head of the group, which includes the detained persons, Vlad is wanted.
R. Abilov said they received information about killing and burying of Azerbaijani businessmen in Rostov recently and noted that a problem occurred in removal of bodies from the grave and bringing to Azerbaijan: “They said giving the bodies of our relatives to us will take at least a month. But this is not exact either”.
Note that, both persons went to Krasnodon, a Ukrainian city at the border with Russia, on business on July 30. Since then, they have not been heard from as the area was heavily bombed. Both hold Ukrainian citizenship. Jahangir Aliyev, 1964, is from Azerbaijan’s Astara District and Ikram Adilov, 1974, is from Terter Distrcit. The Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine applied to the ICRC and Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry about them in late October.
Related news releases
- 04.06.2016Tactical-training exercise of special forces held in Russian embassy
- 30.05.2016Fire occurred in Hajigabul, 180 Eldar pines burned
- 23.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan’s Baku branch sues state body
- 23.01.2016ICYF: “Fakhraddin Aliyev was not our employee”
- 20.01.2016Heavy blast in Kabul near Russian Embassy
- 20.01.2016Azerbaijan commemorating 20 January martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.01.2016Man found hanged in Azerbaijan’s Shaki
- 12.12.2015Ammo found on roadside in Nardaran
- 12.12.2015Azerbaijani criminal 'authority' killed in Russia
- 12.12.2015Car hits 11-year-old schoolboy in Goychay
- 12.09.2015Azerbaijan investigating presence of its citizens among victims in Mecca
- 03.09.2015Fire occurred in Domodedovo airport, flights to Azerbaijan postponed
- 28.08.2015Man shot to death in Baku was company director - PHOTO
- 22.08.2015Interior Ministry releases official statement on incidents in Mingechevir
- 22.08.201524-year-old boy commits suicide in Saatli
- 22.08.2015Lankaran resident mysteriously knifed
- 22.08.201559-year-old man throws himself into lake in Azerbaijan
- 22.08.20151 dead, 1 injured as car turns over in Baku-Guba highway
- 21.08.2015Arson committed in refugee camp settled by Azerbaijanis in Germany - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 24.07.2015Russian nationalists’ leader killing Azerbaijani student in Russia sentenced to life imprisonment
- 16.07.2015Azerbaijani police to tighten security measures in Ramadan holiday
- 13.07.2015Criminal group members detained over embezzlement of AZN 3.4 mln from Baku citizen
- 10.07.2015Azerbaijan neutralized 142 criminal groups suspected of committing grave or especially grave crimes this year
- 06.07.2015Three people injured at plant blast in Shirvan taken to Republican Burn Center
- 02.07.2015Body of 14-year-old teen drowned at sea in Baku found
- 02.07.2015Quake hits Ganja
- 13.06.2015IRFS head Emin Huseynov leaves for Switzerland
- 13.06.2015One arrested over accident occurred in Athletes Village - OFFICIAL
- 28.05.2015Azerbaijan declares two persons internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 22.05.20154 arrested over fire accidents in Baku’s Binagadi, Khatai districts
- 21.05.2015Four more arrested over fatal fire outbreak in Baku
- 21.05.2015Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situation releases information about fire occurred in passenger train
- 15.05.2015Haji Ibrahim Nehramli clarifies reports on his detention
- 14.05.2015Armed person detained at Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 03.04.2015Murder of 5 Azerbaijanis committed in Minsk 15 years ago still unrevealed
- 04.02.2015Murder committed in courtroom, Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2015Train overrides bus in Georgia, 3 killed
- 02.01.2015Schoolgirl attempt to commit suicide in Zagatala
- 20.12.2014Azerbaijan girl, 5, burned to death in home fire accident
- 13.12.2014General Prosecutor’s Office and MIA issue joint statement on beating of executive power head in Ganja
- 16.10.2015Turkey confirms Azerbaijani citizen among Ankara bombing suspects
- 12.12.2015Lerik resident kills his sister
- 12.12.2015Man accused of murdering one of Azerbaijani Diaspora leaders in Ukraine internationally declared wanted
- 03.10.2015Advisor to APFP Chairman Mammad Ibrahim arrested
- 12.09.2015Hail in Gakh, Zagatala, Balaken seriously damages private households
- 12.09.2015Renowned professor’s two sons on Interpol search list