Azerbaijan neutralized 142 criminal groups suspected of committing grave or especially grave crimes this year
Baku. Fuad Jafarov – APA. Over the first half of 2015, the number of crimes of deliberate infliction of serious bodily harm decreased in Azerbaijan.
Deputy Interior Minister Lieutenant-General Vilayet Eyvazov made the remarks on Friday at a board meeting devoted to the works done in the first half of 2015.
He noted that 13,533 crimes were recorded in the past period on the subjects of operation-search and investigation activity. Of this, 87% were illegal acts investigated by the authorities of internal affairs and prosecutor’s office. 85% of these crimes were less severe, 15% - grave crimes.
Positive tendency was preserved in the dynamic of the crime. So, attempts to deliberate homicide fell 12.8%, intentional infliction of grave harm to health 13.7% and hooliganism- 3.2%.
The operation-search measures and proceedings aimed at solving crimes were carried out as main tasks for restoration of violated rights of victims and justice.
Disclosure of the total crimes increased by 4.2% and made 84.3%. Besides, disclosure of grave crimes increased by 1.9%, premeditated murder by 11.2%, criminal threatening by 14%. Crimes such as banditry, kidnapping and human trafficking were fully solved.
467 crimes were solved with “hot pursuit” as a result of timely operational plans, 217 previous crimes together prosecuting authorities, as well as 53 grave and especially grave crimes were solved.
As a result of the operation-search measures carried out to prevent organized crimes, 142 criminal groups and gangs, which committed 455 grave and especially grave crimes, were defused. 68 people were prosecuted for keeping and carrying illegal firearms.
Related news releases
- 04.06.2016Tactical-training exercise of special forces held in Russian embassy
- 30.05.2016Fire occurred in Hajigabul, 180 Eldar pines burned
- 23.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan’s Baku branch sues state body
- 23.01.2016ICYF: “Fakhraddin Aliyev was not our employee”
- 20.01.2016Heavy blast in Kabul near Russian Embassy
- 20.01.2016Azerbaijan commemorating 20 January martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.01.2016Man found hanged in Azerbaijan’s Shaki
- 12.12.2015Ammo found on roadside in Nardaran
- 12.12.2015Azerbaijani criminal 'authority' killed in Russia
- 12.12.2015Car hits 11-year-old schoolboy in Goychay
- 12.12.2015Man accused of murdering one of Azerbaijani Diaspora leaders in Ukraine internationally declared wanted
- 12.12.2015Lerik resident kills his sister
- 16.10.2015Turkey confirms Azerbaijani citizen among Ankara bombing suspects
- 16.10.2015Bodies of two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing in summer 2014 found in river in Russia
- 03.10.2015Advisor to APFP Chairman Mammad Ibrahim arrested
- 12.09.2015Hail in Gakh, Zagatala, Balaken seriously damages private households
- 12.09.2015Renowned professor’s two sons on Interpol search list
- 12.09.2015Azerbaijan investigating presence of its citizens among victims in Mecca
- 03.09.2015Fire occurred in Domodedovo airport, flights to Azerbaijan postponed
- 28.08.2015Man shot to death in Baku was company director - PHOTO
- 22.08.2015Interior Ministry releases official statement on incidents in Mingechevir
- 22.08.201524-year-old boy commits suicide in Saatli
- 22.08.2015Lankaran resident mysteriously knifed
- 22.08.201559-year-old man throws himself into lake in Azerbaijan
- 22.08.20151 dead, 1 injured as car turns over in Baku-Guba highway
- 21.08.2015Arson committed in refugee camp settled by Azerbaijanis in Germany - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 13.06.2015IRFS head Emin Huseynov leaves for Switzerland
- 13.06.2015One arrested over accident occurred in Athletes Village - OFFICIAL
- 28.05.2015Azerbaijan declares two persons internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 22.05.20154 arrested over fire accidents in Baku’s Binagadi, Khatai districts
- 21.05.2015Four more arrested over fatal fire outbreak in Baku
- 21.05.2015Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situation releases information about fire occurred in passenger train
- 15.05.2015Haji Ibrahim Nehramli clarifies reports on his detention
- 14.05.2015Armed person detained at Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 03.04.2015Murder of 5 Azerbaijanis committed in Minsk 15 years ago still unrevealed
- 04.02.2015Murder committed in courtroom, Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2015Train overrides bus in Georgia, 3 killed
- 02.01.2015Schoolgirl attempt to commit suicide in Zagatala
- 20.12.2014Azerbaijan girl, 5, burned to death in home fire accident
- 13.12.2014General Prosecutor’s Office and MIA issue joint statement on beating of executive power head in Ganja
- 13.07.2015Criminal group members detained over embezzlement of AZN 3.4 mln from Baku citizen
- 16.07.2015Azerbaijani police to tighten security measures in Ramadan holiday
- 24.07.2015Russian nationalists’ leader killing Azerbaijani student in Russia sentenced to life imprisonment
- 06.07.2015Three people injured at plant blast in Shirvan taken to Republican Burn Center
- 02.07.2015Body of 14-year-old teen drowned at sea in Baku found
- 02.07.2015Quake hits Ganja