Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 25.10.2016Azerbaijan reduces dependence on oil price – Ilham Aliyev
- 25.10.2016Azerbaijan is a new source amid Europe’s increasing demand for gas - Ilham Aliyev
- 25.10.2016Vitol to sell 50% stake in VTTI oil tank business for $1.2bn
- 24.10.2016Croatia wants to put end to dependence on one or some energy sources
- 21.10.2016SOCAR reduces gas production 17%
- 21.10.2016SOCAR reduces oil output nearly 9%
- 21.10.2016Rosneft’s share in global oil market exceeds $5
- 21.10.2016SOFAZ's total cumulative return of property portfolio reaches 24%
- 21.10.2016SOFAZ strategic gold exchange reserves insure both financial and political risks – executive director
- 21.10.2016Croatian president: Relations with Azerbaijan are especially important to the European Union
- 20.10.2016SOCAR and Snam demand high dividend from DESFA
- 20.10.2016Minister: It’s important to apply additional amounts to the tax on energy consumption as interest
- 20.10.2016Natig Aliyev: Several important problems should be settled in a short time
- 19.10.2016Shell selling 16 upstream assets
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of “Daş Salahlı” sub-station in Qazakh
- 18.10.2016SOCAR to participate in tender for acquisition of Petrol Ofisi
- 18.10.2016OPEC to decide on inviting US to Vienna meeting after presidential elections
- 18.10.2016SOCAR: Price of gas to be transported via TAP will be adjusted for the market
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan to save over 1 bcm of gas thanks to alternative energy
- 18.10.2016Oil price may rise to $70 in current situation - president
- 18.10.2016No regional project may compete with TANAP - president
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan always supported Turkish Stream - president
- 18.10.2016SOCAR may issue next bonds under different conditions next year
- 18.10.2016SOCAR president: Shares of SOCAR’s joint ventures may be put up for sale
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan sees decline in crude oil production
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan sees 14% decline in gold production
- 17.10.2016SOCAR Turkey Energy sells one more part of its share in Petkim
- 17.10.2016Tenaris intends to export pipe to Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2016Chevron comments on sale of Azerbaijan-based assets - EKSKLÜZİV
- 14.10.2016Oil ends up; refined products draw offset U.S. crude build
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani president attends opening of Oxygen Plant in Baku - UPDATED
- 13.10.2016Anglo Asian Mining announces earnings from gold sale
- 13.10.2016Chevron continues to sell its foreign assets
- 12.10.2016SOFAZ announces volume of dividends received from VTB
- 12.10.2016OPEC: Azerbaijan to increase oil output
- 12.10.2016Russia to transport additional 2 billion cubic meters of gas to Turkey
- 12.10.2016Ukrainian Energy Strategies Fund co-chairman: TANAP and Turkish Stream are incomparable
- 12.10.2016IEA Executive Director: In case the oil price rises, US will bring a large volume of oil on the market and the oil price will decline again - INTERVIEW
- 12.10.2016SOCAR gets 12.5% decline in budget transfers
- 12.10.2016Oil edges up before producer talks on output curbs
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project