Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views construction progress at carbamide plant in Sumgayit - UPDATED
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan cuts down on gas supplies to Turkey
- 27.04.2017Italian ambassador: TAP construction restored
- 27.04.2017SOCAR reconsiders postponed project in Georgia
- 27.04.2017Most expensive oil imported by China falls to share of Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani president presented piece of cover of Kaaba - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017SOCAR increases gas transportation to Georgia to 10 million cubic meters
- 26.04.2017Saudi Arabian Minister: Azerbaijan is one of leading countries fulfilling obligation on output cut
- 26.04.2017SOCAR: Annual production of marketable gas in Azerbaijan to reach 40bcm
- 26.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewes world's first mechanically drilled oil well in Bibiheybat after reconstruction
- 25.04.2017SGC transportation capacity may double - SOCAR
- 25.04.2017SOCAR: 25% of expenses on Shahdeniz 2 saved
- 25.04.2017Oil output declines 7-10% per year in Azerbaijan - SOCAR
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan sells 237 million tonnes of profit oil so far
- 25.04.2017Head of LafargeHolcim steps down over company's alleged business with Islamic State
- 25.04.2017Geopolitical risks put security of oil and gas operations into question - minister
- 25.04.2017Oil output should be reduced to keep stability in market – Azerbaijani oil minister
- 25.04.2017International Caspian and Central Asia Downstream Forum - Trading, Logistics, Refining, Petrochemicals kicks off in Baku
- 24.04.2017Over 200 oilmen evacuated due to weather deterioration
- 24.04.2017Mining to be temporarily stopped in one of open pits in Gadabay - Anglo Asian CEO
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan gets 44% decline in export of oil products to Georgia
- 20.04.2017Share of Azerbaijani and Turkmen gas in Europe to reach 8%
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan gets 20 times rise in revenues from energy sale to Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia 14%
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan reduces oil output 10%
- 17.04.2017SOCAR reduces gas production nearly 8%
- 17.04.2017SOCAR reduces oil output nearly 15% year-on-year
- 17.04.2017President: Gasifying reached 92% in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan already become energy exporting country – president
- 15.04.2017VW says has bought, fixed more than half of polluting 2.0-liter diesels in U.S.
- 13.04.2017Decision on output cut is effective - minister
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani energy minister expresses his concern to US ambassador about developments around TAP
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan reduces export of oil products
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan triples incomes from energy export
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export 3.4 times
- 13.04.2017TAP to allow Croatia to turn into regional energy hub - minister
- 12.04.2017EBRD: Southern Gas Corridor is more sustainable than other projects
- 12.04.2017Maros Sefcovic: Southern Gas Corridor also includes EU’s interests
- 12.04.2017Caspian Energy Forum-2017 kicks off in Baku
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan to fully meet Georgia’s demand for gas
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project