Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2017AzMeCo to be directly sold to SOCAR
- 17.01.2017SOCAR: If manat continues to devalue, we’ll apply to relevant bodies - UPDATED
- 13.01.2017Armenia not against Azerbaijan purchasing gas pipeline in Georgia - PM
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani gov’t publishes report on revenues from extractive industries
- 11.01.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 130M to state budget in 2016
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan allocates AZN 500M for Southern Gas Corridor
- 11.01.2017Transneft resumes oil transportation from Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2017Gas pipeline fire in Sangachal extinguished
- 10.01.2017SOFAZ 2017 budget approved with AZN 6.1B-deficit
- 10.01.2017Transneft suspends oil transportation from Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2017US to sell up to 8 million barrels from Strategic Petroleum Reserve
- 09.01.2017Greek opposition leader criticizes government over SOCAR
- 09.01.2017Azerbaijani oil transportation through Ceyhan port decreases 15%
- 09.01.2017SOCAR reduces oil transportation via BTC
- 09.01.2017Shareholders of Shahdeniz and TANAP make staff changes
- 05.01.2017Bottom part of diesel tank in SOCAR’s platform collapses
- 05.01.2017Ukraine receives first part of Azerbaijani oil
- 05.01.2017OPEC oil output slides in December
- 05.01.2017Azerbaijan strengthens search operations on missing oilmen
- 05.01.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 05.01.2017SOCAR reduces oil export in December
- 03.01.2017Oil prices rally past $58 for 1st time since 2015
- 30.12.2016Gazprom to grant €310M to Turkish Stream
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey 6%
- 29.12.2016Family members of missing oilmen watch search operations
- 29.12.2016Iran may join TANAP - EXCLUSIVE
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan to spend AZN 1.5B to renew old gas pipelines
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan to export saved gas to Europe via TAP and TANAP
- 28.12.2016SOCAR: Accident at pipeline was technogenic
- 27.12.2016Dashkesen Filizsaflashdirma in heavy debt
- 27.12.2016Fire in gas pipeline extinguished - SOCAR
- 27.12.2016Energy supply resumed - Azerenergy
- 27.12.2016Gas supply to Absheron suspended over pipeline explosion - SOCAR
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijan: Over 100 different types of things supposed to belong to collapsed pier found
- 26.12.2016LUKOIL restructured foreign business
- 24.12.2016TANAP construction 60 percent completed, TAP-30 percent
- 23.12.2016Oil price to remain at current level in second half of 2017 - Putin
- 23.12.2016SOCAR, AIOC sign principles of agreement on future development of ACG in Azerbaijan to 2050
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijan ups limits of gas & electricity preferential consumption
- 22.12.2016SOCAR reduces gas production 9.5%
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project