Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017TAP President replaced
- 23.06.2017Azeristiliktechizat’s loss exceeds AZN 117M
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 22.06.2017TAP invests €9M to upgrade fleet of utility vehicles in Northern Greece
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 20.06.2017Oil prices plummet to lowest level in 7 months
- 20.06.2017SOCAR applies to Georgian government for increase of gas price
- 19.06.2017EU seeks to extend Southern Gas Corridor to Central Asia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 20-fold rise in revenues from energy export to Georgia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan reduces export of oil products to Georgia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia 13%
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan increases gas transportation 11% this year
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 6% decline in natural gas production
- 16.06.2017SOCAR reduces gas production more than 5%
- 16.06.2017Oil output declines nearly 8% year-on-year
- 16.06.2017Bulgarian government starts negotiations with SOCAR
- 14.06.2017USD rate for June 16 announced
- 14.06.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.06.2017OPEC Secretary General: Natig Aliyev was one of main architects of Vienna agreement
- 13.06.2017OPEC: Azerbaijan’s oil supply remained lower year-on-year by 80,000 barrels
- 12.06.2017Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Korea energy forum
- 12.06.2017External managers manage 8.5% of SOFAZ investment portfolio
- 12.06.2017SOFAZ’s revenue from sales of profit oil and gas amounts to $5.2B
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets sixfold increase in natural gas export
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 10% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 09.06.2017Azerishig chairman awarded order "For Service to Motherland
- 09.06.2017Natig Aliyev’s body to be brought to Baku tomorrow – ministry - UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijan's energy minister Natig Aliyev dies - UPDATED
- 08.06.2017Deputy Minister: Campaign against Azerbaijan after it left EITI was not effective
- 08.06.2017Volume of Azerbaijan’s active gas in underground storages makes up 1.3 bcm
- 07.06.2017SOCAR’s subsidiary abolished
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan delivers 207,000 tonnes of oil to Ukraine since May 10
- 06.06.2017Azerenergy gets 5% decline in production
- 06.06.2017PM: Bulgaria interested in Azerbaijani gas
- 05.06.2017Gazprom considering TAP as extra version
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan submits data on May’s oil output to OPEC
- 05.06.2017BTC transports 2.2 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil in May
- 02.06.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in May’s monetary base
- 02.06.2017BP Vice President: BP and partners invested $66 billion in Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project