Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2017New appointment to the management of the Petkim
- 17.03.2017Ukraine removes SOCAR’s subsidiary from tender
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 17% rise in gasoline production
- 17.03.2017Poland trusts Azerbaijan on gas supply - Aleksander Kwaśniewski
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 8.5% rise in gas transportation
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in crude oil production
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan stops truck manufacture
- 15.03.2017Armenia uses water reserves of Sarsang Reservoir as a tool of political threat - Azersu
- 14.03.2017SOCAR reduces oil output nearly 5%
- 14.03.2017SOCAR reduces gas production over 10%
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 7.3% decline in oil production
- 14.03.2017Ukraine purchased $24M-oil from Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Chairman and CEO of Total Patrick Pouyanne
- 13.03.2017BP appoints new regional president
- 13.03.2017Political challenges don’t affect TANAP implementation – general manager
- 13.03.2017SOCAR buys seven oil tankers
- 09.03.2017Italian Snam to invest €270M in TAP
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan quadruples energy export last year
- 07.03.2017SOFAZ announces reasons for incomplete funding of SGC
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijan plays leading role in fulfilment of obligation on oil output cut - OPEC
- 06.03.2017Despite conflict with Turkmenistan, Iran delivers gas to Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017BTK to rescue region - minister
- 03.03.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port so far announced
- 03.03.2017Oil export via BTC decreased 17%
- 03.03.2017SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG
- 03.03.2017Crude oil export through Supsa port increased 24%
- 03.03.2017Petkim ends 2016 on profit
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan, US closely cooperating within SGC - president
- 02.03.2017Energy tariffs to remain unchanged in Azerbaijan this year
- 01.03.2017United States supports "Southern Gas Corridor" project
- 01.03.2017Statoil: "Azerbaijan has changed the energy map of the region"
- 01.03.2017SOCAR reduces crude oil export through Ceyhan port about 9%
- 01.03.2017SOCAR decreases crude oil export through Novorossiysk port
- 01.03.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani oil goes down
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey 6%
- 25.02.2017OPEC says it, non-OPEC producers in right track to cut oil production
- 25.02.2017Oil prices fall on rising U.S. supply
- 24.02.2017SGC Advisory Council Ministerial Meeting’s participants ink joint declaration
- 24.02.2017Fitch: SOCAR's liquidity is adequate
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project