Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017EBRD approves loan for TANAP
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan gets 43% decline in export of oil products
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan gets rise in revenues from natural gas export
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan gets 20% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan triples energy export
- 20.10.2017Minister: Output cut justifies itself, oil market found balance
- 19.10.2017Extractive Industries Transparency Commission held meeting
- 17.10.2017TAP to invest 800 million euros in Albania
- 17.10.2017Italy’s Edison to purchase Azerbaijani gas
- 16.10.2017TAP pipe deliveries complete
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan gets 2.5% decline in heating power production
- 16.10.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 1B to state budget
- 14.10.2017Oil rallies nearly 2 percent on China import boost, U.S.-Iran tensions
- 13.10.2017Executive body on ensuring transparency in extractive industry changed in Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan increases oil transportation via main pipelines
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan gets 8% decline in natural gas production
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan increases gasoline production 5%, reduces diesel production 21%
- 13.10.2017President: Azerbaijani gas will play a major role in solution of issues of Bulgaria's energy security
- 12.10.2017Parviz Shahbazov appointed Azerbaijan’s new energy minister
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijan sees 5% decline in gas production
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% decline in oil output
- 12.10.2017SOCAR to export 1.5 million tonnes of oil via Baku-Novorossiysk pipeline next year
- 12.10.2017Expenditures of STAR Refinery in Turkey increase
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijan may export diesel to Iran
- 12.10.2017Turkmenistan to resume oil transportation via BTC, Kazakhstan holding negotiations
- 12.10.2017BP announces its investments in ACG and Shahdeniz
- 12.10.2017BP Regional President names factors to turn Azerbaijan into a regional energy hub
- 12.10.2017SOCAR Trading to supply liquid gas to Malta
- 12.10.2017SOCAR: ACG currently has more than 550 million tonnes of oil
- 12.10.2017Baku hosting international petroleum summit
- 10.10.2017Board of Directors highly evaluates Nobel Oil Services’ performance
- 09.10.2017Ancient tombs unearthed during TANAP construction
- 06.10.2017Minister: TANAP to be completed earlier than planned
- 06.10.2017Gazprom agrees to open office in Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017President gives SOCAR instruction to provide gasifying of Lahij settlement
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas production nearly 17%
- 05.10.2017SOCAR reduces gas production nearly 6%
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan reduces oil production by 9%
- 05.10.2017SOCAR reduces oil production by 1.5%
- 05.10.2017Georgia increases fuel import from Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project