Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 27.07.2016Malaysia's SapuraKencana awarded TANAP offshore construction contract
- 27.07.2016Turkey's Petkim expects Q2 profit to rise
- 27.07.2016Shareholder of ACG and BTC sees big jump in profit in H1 2016
- 27.07.2016SOCAR likely to mull DESFA privatization in Athens this week: Greek media
- 27.07.2016One dead in SOCAR trust accident
- 22.07.2016Another Azerbaijani joins Russian Lukoil’s management
- 21.07.2016Greece proposes amendment to draft law reducing SOCAR revenues from DESFA
- 20.07.2016TAP remains US government’s priority
- 20.07.2016Siemens to supply compressor trains for Trans Adriatic Pipeline
- 20.07.2016Saudi Arabia turns to oil record-high oil stockpiles in 2016
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijan’s SOCAR, Romania’s Transgaz sign MoU
- 18.07.2016SOCAR cuts gas production in June
- 18.07.2016SOCAR reduces oil output in June
- 15.07.2016US official discusses DESFA privatization in Athens
- 14.07.2016SOCAR reduces transfers to state budget
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan gets 3% decline in production of oil products
- 12.07.2016OPEC: Azerbaijan’s oil production to decline in 2017
- 12.07.2016ADB approves $750M loan facility to lift power reliability in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Oil prices will not have importance for us"
- 11.07.2016Russia suspends gas export to Armenia
- 08.07.2016SOCAR's asset in Turkey to spend more $308M
- 08.07.2016Azerbaijan decreases energy production 6%
- 08.07.2016US hits new record in oil export - ANALYSE
- 06.07.2016US purchased 2.1 million barrels of oil from Azerbaijan since early 2015
- 05.07.2016Oil prices dip on economic concerns, demand worries
- 04.07.2016SGC makes AZN 2M advance payment to SOCAR
- 04.07.2016EITI Multi-stakeholder Group holds next meeting
- 04.07.2016TANAP transportation costs announced
- 04.07.2016BOTAS ends 2015 on profit
- 02.07.2016SOCAR reduces crude oil export through Supsa port
- 01.07.2016SOCAR announces volume of exported oil products
- 01.07.2016SOCAR reduces crude oil export through Ceyhan port 30%
- 01.07.2016SOCAR sharply decreases crude oil export through Novorossiysk port
- 01.07.2016SOCAR announces average price of crude oil in world market
- 01.07.2016Deputy PM: We are interested in transportation of Azerbaijani oil to Europe through Ukraine
- 01.07.2016SOCAR borrows loan from Turkish and Korean banks
- 01.07.2016SOCAR allocates $120M to Palmali
- 30.06.2016Russia may deliver another 3-5 cubic meters of gas to Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2016Oil transportation through Novorossiysk port suspended
- 30.06.2016Moody’s rates Saipem
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project