Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 35% decline in solar power production
- 18.01.2018SOCAR transfers AZN 1.5B to state budget last year
- 17.01.2018Sale of Azerbaijani gas in Georgia extends 7 times
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan decreases diesel production by 18% last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 5.5% decline in oil production, 3% in gas production
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan's main gas pipelines transport more than 22 bcm of gas in 2017
- 17.01.2018BTC transports 6.4 million tonnes of transit oil last year
- 17.01.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan by 8.4-fold
- 17.01.2018President Aliyev attends opening of Baku distribution network’s building
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $55M from sale of gold
- 16.01.2018SOCAR sees nearly 3% decline in gas production in 2017
- 16.01.2018SOCAR reduces oil output about 6% last year
- 15.01.2018Georgia imports nearly 200,000 tonnes of oil products from Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in revenues from export of oil products
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 23 percent
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 30% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from energy export
- 12.01.2018Companies to place Petkim’s AZN 500 mln bonds abroad named
- 12.01.2018Fitch: Petkim to save USD70 million annually on STAR’s descent
- 11.01.2018Date set for 4th Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting in Baku
- 10.01.2018Basic metals production for TAP increased
- 10.01.2018Brent oil price above $69/bbl first since May 6, 2015
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.01.2018TAP: Talks with EIB on funding for TAP are ongoing
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijan meets nearly 30% of Georgia’s demand for fuel
- 04.01.2018Gazprom increases gas production by 12.4%
- 04.01.2018OPEC holds production steady
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan announces volume of oil and gas reserves
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas export to Turkey
- 25.12.2017Excise on gasoline imported to Azerbaijan with octane number up to 95 increased 200 times
- 23.12.2017SOCAR: Azerbaijan has large gas reserves to supply pipelines
- 22.12.2017Energy Regulatory Agency established in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017President issues order on additional measures on use of alternative and renewable energy sources
- 22.12.2017$11.5B directed to SGC so far
- 22.12.2017ADB arranges $524.5 million syndicated loan for SGC
- 20.12.2017SOCAR sees 3% decline in gas production
- 20.12.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% this year
- 20.12.2017Turkey intends to increase import of oil and gas from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 19.12.2017TAP construction to be temporarily suspended
- 19.12.2017SOCAR buys two companies in Austria
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project