Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018Vahid Alekberov comments on lawsuit between LUKOIL and Palmali Holding
- 25.05.2018LUKOIL negotiating with SOCAR on exploitation of Umid and Babek fields
- 25.05.2018Rosneft: US withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal may lead to reformation of world oil market
- 22.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates high-voltage equipment plant in Baku - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Regional energy cooperation rises to a new level
- 21.05.2018BP expects demand for oil to peak in late 2030s
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases energy export to Georgia by 12%
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases export of oil and oil products to Georgia 11%
- 21.05.2018Shahdeniz consortium ready to transport Azerbaijani gas to Bulgaria from 2020
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% decline in electric power production this year
- 17.05.2018SCPX first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018SCP daily average throughput makes up 23.1 mcm of gas
- 17.05.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018Shahdeniz produces about 2.7 bcm of gas and 0.6 million tonnes of condensate
- 17.05.2018BTC exports more than 8 million tonnes of crude oil
- 17.05.2018ACG delivers 5.8 million cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR
- 17.05.2018ACG produces 7 million tonnes of oil in Q1
- 16.05.2018Renewable energy to meet 100% of power demand in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1%
- 16.05.2018BTC transports more than 2 million tonnes of transit oil in four months
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production nearly fivefold
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% in gas production
- 16.05.2018OPEC fulfills Vienna agreement by 172% in April
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 53% growth in revenues from export of oil products
- 16.05.2018SOCAR imports nearly 800 million cubic meters of gas from Russia in Q1
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 11%rise in natural gas export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 11.05.2018Berat Albayrak: TANAP to be launched on June 12
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of International Association of Ports and Harbors - UPDATED
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan exports over 20,000 tons of fuel to Georgia last month
- 08.05.2018SOCAR Georgia Gas to invest GEL7M in Georgia this year
- 08.05.2018Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan to become natural gas supplier of Georgia in 2019
- 08.05.2018Director: SOCAR Georgia Gas over-fulfils investment obligations
- 08.05.2018ACG produces 455 million tonnes of oil and 144.5 bcm of gas so far
- 07.05.2018Vice-Speaker: Azerbaijan replacing heavy fuel in energy production with natural gas
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan to build new gas storage and compressor station
- 04.05.2018Petkim increases liabilities by 68% in 1Q2018
- 04.05.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 03.05.2018IMF: AzeriLight’s price will be $62
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project