Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 26.09.20169 ships involved to prevent gas outburst at SOCAR’s Gunashli platform - UPDATED
- 23.09.2016Russian Finance Ministry offers rich pensioners to be deprived of pension
- 23.09.2016BTC shareholder continues to reduce investments
- 22.09.2016SOCAR reduces oil output over 9%
- 22.09.2016SOCAR to discuss DESFA privatization with Greek government
- 22.09.2016Snam will not participate in DESFA privatization without SOCAR
- 21.09.2016Russia hits new high in oil output
- 21.09.2016BTC shareholder delays $3 billion sale of retail arm
- 21.09.2016SOCAR persistent in meeting with Greek PM
- 21.09.2016Tony Blair to close commercial enterprises to focus on charity work
- 20.09.2016EBRD: EITI decision will play key role in funding of TANAP and TAP
- 20.09.2016SNAM intends to buy 30% share in DESFA
- 20.09.2016Media: DESFA CEO resigns - UPDATED
- 20.09.2016SOCAR controls 95% of gas distribution network in Georgia
- 20.09.2016SOCAR announces volume of planned oil extraction from ACG
- 20.09.2016Turkish police raiding Petkim
- 20.09.2016SOCAR makes public plans to improve housing of oilmen
- 20.09.2016Over $68B invested in Azerbaijan within PSAs
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijani president issues orders on awarding oilmen
- 19.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev: Oil refinery located in seaside will be removed
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijani president attends opening of new bitumen production plant - UPDATED
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan reduces gasoline production 7%
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan sees 14% decline in gold production
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan announces volume of transit oil transported via BTC
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan sharply private car manufacture
- 19.09.2016OPEC Secretary-General says no major decisions will be made in Aljazeera
- 17.09.2016Historical monuments unearthed at TANAP construction site
- 17.09.2016Europe’s biggest natural gas producer is running out of fuel
- 16.09.2016SOCAR, Petronas sign MoU
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan reduces gasoline production 7%
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan sees 1.1% growth in oil production, 0.8% decline in gas production
- 15.09.2016SOCAR president: Gasoline is very cheap in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2016SOCAR: Greek government to make its proposal on DESFA privatization by late September
- 15.09.2016Vice-president: Methanol Copmany may be transferred to SOCAR by year-end
- 15.09.2016SOCAR to borrow AZN100M for gasification
- 14.09.2016Deepwater Gunashli planned shutdown
- 14.09.2016Base price of oil in 2017 state budget should be set at $40 - minister
- 14.09.2016OPEC under political pressure - minister
- 09.09.2016Minister: We share same ideas with EU as to diversification of gas exports to Europe - INTERVIEW
- 09.09.2016Greek government earns political dividend by DESFA privatization – minister
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project