Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 07.12.2016SOCAR’s losses caused tariff changes - minister
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani president: Economy will not grow through oil and gas in the coming years
- 07.12.2016Azerenerji’s debts increased
- 07.12.2016Fitch: There are no plans at present to privatise Azerenerji
- 07.12.2016Fitch affirms Azerenerji at 'BB+'
- 07.12.2016ADB supports $1B financing to expand Azerbaijan gas field
- 01.12.2016DESFA privatization by SOCAR failed
- 30.11.2016OPEC agreed to cut oil production to 32.5 million barrels per day
- 30.11.2016OPEC agrees oil output cuts
- 30.11.2016Two companies stop participating in tender for acquisition of Petrol Ofisi
- 29.11.2016How will gas and energy tariffs be calculated for population?
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani oil price rises
- 26.11.2016Kaladze: Azerbaijan provides majority of Georgia’s gas imports
- 25.11.2016Saudis said to quit talks with non-OPEC nations as OPEC deal no closer - UPDATED
- 24.11.2016State Agency for Alternative and Renewable Energy Sources changed to public legal entity
- 24.11.2016Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey over 13%
- 24.11.2016Construction works on Shahdeniz 2 in Georgia accelerated – deputy minister
- 24.11.2016OPEC Secretary General expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2016Oil price to rebound to $100 a barrel in 2020 - minister
- 24.11.2016Azerbaijani oil price exceeds $50
- 22.11.2016Azerbaijan to increase gas production 32% by 2021
- 22.11.2016Azerbaijan to reduce oil output next year
- 22.11.2016Azerbaijan to increase gold and silver production 7% next year
- 21.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: 'Absheron gas field has huge potential
- 21.11.2016SOCAR, Total sign framework agreement
- 21.11.2016Azerbaijani president receives Total CEO
- 21.11.2016One killed after crane tips over in Guneshli field
- 18.11.2016Turkey increases gas import from Azerbaijan by 330 million cubic meters
- 18.11.2016President Aliyev: Some of existing reserves supplying Europe with energy are being exhausted
- 18.11.2016BP-Azerbaijan: SCPX activities continued successfully
- 18.11.2016BP-Azerbaijan: 86% of BP’s professional employees in Azerbaijan are nationals
- 18.11.2016SCP’s daily average throughput makes up about 20 million cubic metres of gas in nine months
- 18.11.2016Shah Deniz Stage 2 now over 83% complete - BP
- 18.11.2016Shahdeniz produced 8 bcm of gas and 1.9 million tonnes of condensate in three quarters
- 18.11.2016Sangachal terminal exports over 219 million barrels of oil in three quarters
- 18.11.2016BTC exports about 25.7 million tonnes of crude oil in three quarters
- 18.11.2016ACG production for three quarters made up on average 644,000 barrels per day
- 17.11.2016Turkey uses its renewable energy potential – IEA Executive Director
- 17.11.2016SOCAR reduces gas production 15%
- 17.11.2016SOCAR reduces oil output nearly 8%
- 06.12.2016Erdogan signs bill to ratify Turkish Stream gas pipeline project
- 06.12.2016SOCAR: Over 319 million tonnes of oil have been pumped in BTC so far
- 06.12.2016Volume of oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 05.12.2016Georgia announces volume of energy to purchase from Azerbaijan next year
- 01.12.2016DESFA privatization tender cancelled - SOCAR
- 01.12.2016SOCAR may purchase 25% of GOGC