Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 18.02.2017SOCAR, NIOC to create international joint venture
- 17.02.2017Southern Gas Corridor created new regional cooperation format – Azerbaijani president
- 17.02.2017Several European countries purchase 30-40% of oil from Azerbaijan - president
- 16.02.2017BelOil, NIOC reach agreement after SOCAR ceases oil transportation to Belarus
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan supplying around 5% of EU's oil demand
- 15.02.2017SOCAR to rejoin DESFA privatization
- 15.02.2017Gazprom-TAP cooperation: Russia waited 8 years to take revenge on EU
- 14.02.2017Bloomberg makes serious mistake about Azerbaijan - OPINION
- 14.02.2017Men throw Molotov cocktail at TAP Italy-based office
- 13.02.2017Petkim increases its share in STAR
- 09.02.2017SOCAR gets decline in budget transfers
- 09.02.2017Cabinet of Ministers offers to move metallurgical facilities to outside of Baku
- 07.02.2017Meeting with participation of EITI NGO Coalition members held at SOFAZ
- 07.02.2017TAP to cost 1.5B EUR in Albania
- 06.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets European Commission VP Maros Sefcovic - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017Mogherini: EU to continue supporting implementation of Southern Gas Corridor
- 06.02.2017Volume of Azeri oil exported through Ceyhan port in January announced
- 06.02.2017Volume of oil transported via BTC announced
- 06.02.2017New PSA may be signed by mid-2017 - BP
- 06.02.2017Petkim exports products worth $438M last year
- 06.02.2017Turkey’s strategic role increased - EIA
- 05.02.2017Iran to increase the daily oil production to 4 million barrels, despite the deal with OPEC
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan – third largest gas supplier of Turkey
- 01.02.2017SOCAR reduces fuel export 3%
- 01.02.2017SOCAR reduces oil export in January
- 01.02.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 01.02.2017Deputy Minister: Shahdeniz 2 attaches principal importance for Georgia
- 01.02.2017Oil markets range-bound as supplies remain plentiful amid OPEC-led cuts
- 01.02.2017Prices for imported gasoline risen in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2017Oil prices rise on weak dollar, OPEC output cuts
- 31.01.2017TAP costs €4.5B - managing director
- 27.01.2017Georgia would reduce dependence on Russian gas to zero thanks to Azerbaijan - minister
- 26.01.2017BP may reduce output upon Azerbaijan’s demand - CEO
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijan eyes more gas, less oil in 2017: minister
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijan fully committed to its obligations to OPEC - energy minister
- 25.01.2017SOCAR Ukraine removed from tender groundlessly – state agency
- 25.01.2017Snam says Gazprom can double TAP’s capacity
- 25.01.2017Oil prices rise as OPEC output cuts drain stocks
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan gets 16 times rise in solar power production
- 24.01.2017Gazprom may join TAP
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project