Southern Gas Corridor groundbreaking ceremony held in Azerbaijan
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloghlu – APA. The groundbreaking ceremony of the Southern Gas Corridor has today been held at the Sangachal terminal.
The ceremony was attended by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Dukanovic, Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz, Italian Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio De Vicenti, British Petroleum Group Chief Executive and Director Robert Warren "Bob" Dudley, other officials and representatives of various companies.
The flags of the countries, where the Southern Gas Corridor will pass, as well as SOCAR and BP were reflected on the first pipeline. First, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and then state and government officials of other countries, SOCAR and BP presidents signed on the pipeline. After posing for photographs, the foundation of the Southern Gas Corridor was laid.
In his speech, President Aliyev said that this project will redraw Europe’s energy map.
“This project is very important for Azerbaijan and will allow exporting our gas resources to the world markets. This project opens up new opportunities for transit countries. This is a project of the new century. The participants of the project will benefit from the pipeline at least 100 years”, he said.
The head of state said today, we have laid foundations for a new project together with a new team, recalling that the Contract of the Century was signed 20 years ago and then Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline was constructed.
“There are no losers in this project”, President Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 27.08.2016MoU on Ionian-Adriatic Pipeline signed with SOCAR
- 26.08.2016Saudi Arabia sees output freeze as ‘positive’
- 25.08.2016Canada's Zenith produces first oil in Azerbaijan
- 24.08.2016200 MWt energy transferred to Russia during accident in energy system
- 24.08.2016SOCAR to participate in negotiations of largest gas companies
- 23.08.2016Iran to increase production in South Pars gas field
- 22.08.2016EITI Multi-stakeholder Group holds next meeting
- 22.08.2016SCPX works on track of plan – BP-Azerbaijan
- 22.08.2016Number of BP-Azerbaijan’s fixed-term employees declines
- 22.08.2016SCP transports 20.1 million cubic meters of gas per day
- 22.08.2016Shahdeniz Stage 2 is now over 77% complete – BP-Azerbaijan
- 22.08.2016Shahdeniz produces 5.4 bcm of gas in January-June
- 22.08.2016BTC exports 17.3 million tonnes of crude oil in first half
- 22.08.2016Sangachal Terminal exports over 148 million barrels of oil and condensate in H1 - BP-Azerbaijan
- 22.08.2016ACG delivers an average of 1.31 bcm per day of ACG associated gas to SOCAR
- 22.08.2016ACG production for the two quarters makes on average 655,000 barrels per day
- 22.08.2016SOCAR vice president: Shahdeniz produces 30 million cubic meters of gas and 7,000 tonnes of condensate per day
- 22.08.2016Azerbaijan’s profit oil to reach 60% this year
- 18.08.2016SOCAR: Gasoline price to remain unchanged
- 17.08.2016Reasons for reduction of excise tax and customs duty on imported gasoline known
- 16.08.2016SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG, Shah Deniz fields
- 15.08.2016Azerbaijan reduces gasoline and diesel production
- 12.08.2016Up to $57M invested in Petlim this year
- 10.08.2016OPEC increases forecast on world oil demand
- 10.08.2016SOCAR 7% cuts gas production
- 10.08.2016SOCAR reduces oil output year-on-year
- 09.08.2016President awards employees of Azerishig OJSC
- 08.08.2016Bulgaria and Russia may restore South Stream
- 05.08.2016Gokhan Yardim: Turkish Stream is not alternative to TANAP
- 05.08.2016Chevron sells up to $5B of Asian assets
- 05.08.2016About 4,000 oilmen stand in queue for house - SOCAR
- 05.08.2016Iran to reduce gas export to Armenia from September
- 05.08.2016Oil transportation through Ceyhan port rises 16%
- 05.08.2016Transportation of Azerbaijani oil via BTC pipeline increased 5%
- 05.08.2016SOCAR’s subsidiary companies invest $340M in Georgia
- 05.08.2016SOCAR announces number of employees
- 05.08.2016New appointment made to Petkim
- 02.08.201611 detained in operations against Gulen supporters in Turkey’s Petkim holding - UPDATED
- 29.07.2016ACG shareholder Q2 profit down by 59%
- 29.07.2016SOCAR to supply diesel fuel worth over 10M to Ukraine
- 20.09.2014TANAP to open a new peace corridor, Taner Yildiz says
- 22.09.2014SOCAR, Bulgarian gas companies sign two documents - PHOTOSESSION
- 22.09.2014Azerbaijan attending Energy Markets Forum in UAE
- 20.09.2014Bulgarian President: “Azerbaijan demonstrates itself as a reliable partner”
- 20.09.2014Georgian PM: “We support Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline project for export of Kazakhtan's and Turkmenistan's reserves”
- 20.09.2014European Commission President: Southern Gas Corridor will be a geostrategic project