SOCAR President: Azerbaijan is ready to meet Europe’s demand for gas
“We have always felt the support of Turkey in Petkim, TANAP, STAR, Petlim and other projects we implemented as SOCAR”, Abdullayev said.
Touching upon the significance of the Southern Gas Corridor (SGC), the SOCAR President said: “Europe’s demand for gas increased 7.1%. Azerbaijan is ready to met this demand jointly with other suppliers. The SGC is a project meeting long-term interests of Azerbaijan, Turkey and Europe”.
The Southern Gas Corridor is one of the priority energy projects for the EU. It envisages the transportation of gas from the Caspian region to the European countries through Georgia and Turkey. The gas to be produced as part of the Stage 2 of development of Azerbaijan’s Shah Deniz field is considered as the main source for the Southern Gas Corridor projects. As part of the Stage 2 of the Shah Deniz development, the gas will be exported to Turkey and European markets by expanding the South Caucasus Pipeline and the construction of Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline and Trans Adriatic Pipeline.
First gas transportation to neighbour country within TANAP will start in 2018. The planned capacity of the pipeline would be 16 billion cubic metres of natural gas per year at initial stage and would be increased later up to 23 billion cubic metres by 2023, 31 billion cubic metres by 2026.
1,802 km-TANAP will be linked to TAP from 2020 and deliver natural gas that will receive via South Caucasus Pipeline to Europe through Greece, Albania and Italy.
The pipeline is expected to cost US$9.2 billion. Azerbaijan will spend $6.1 billion.
TANAP shareholders: SOCAR - 58%, Botas – 30% and BP – 12%.
TAP will transport natural gas from the giant Shah Deniz II field in Azerbaijan to Europe. The approximately 878 km long pipeline will connect with the Trans Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) at the Turkish-Greek border at Kipoi, cross Greece and Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Southern Italy.
TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), Southern Gas Corridor (20%), Snam (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
Related news releases
- 27.07.2017Oil jumps to near eight-week high after big draw in U.S. crude stocks
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey
- 25.07.2017BP: TANAP is significant project for us
- 25.07.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns $19.4M from sale of gold
- 25.07.2017Oil extends gains as Saudi pledges export curbs
- 24.07.2017Country manager: TAP construction won’t have negative impact on environment
- 22.07.2017Oil dives 2 percent; consultant sees OPEC crude output rise in July
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Pirallahi solar power plant
- 20.07.2017Rovnag Abdullayev: 90% works copmleted in STAR refinery
- 20.07.2017SOCAR President: $8.5B invested in TANAP so far
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey to reach $20B
- 20.07.2017Oil jumps to six-week high on surprisingly big U.S. inventory draws
- 18.07.2017Ischinger: Sanctions against Russia pose threat on European energy security
- 18.07.2017Import of certain types of gasoline to Azerbaijan exempted from duties
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is probably the largest infrastructure project in Europe"
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas transportation 10% this year
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in gasoline production
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 3.2-fold increase in gold production
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan investing billions of dollars for realization of SGC soon – president
- 17.07.2017Israel to join TANAP
- 15.07.2017S&P: SOCAR plays critical role in Azerbaijan’s economy
- 15.07.2017SOCAR to attend tender for construction of underground gas storage facility in Georgia
- 15.07.2017Price of gasoline Aİ-92 increased in Azerbaijan - OFFICIAL
- 14.07.2017EBRD to allocate $39M for Tamiz Shahar
- 14.07.2017SOCAR gets 7% decline in gas production
- 14.07.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2%
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan gets 9% decline in oil production
- 13.07.2017Oil rises as U.S. crude stocks drop by more than expected
- 11.07.2017Iran to spend $140B for increase of oil and gas output
- 11.07.2017IEA Executive Director: Oil producers’ efforts result in failure - INTERVIEW
- 10.07.2017Oil rises slightly, but growing global supply a worry
- 10.07.2017WPC President: Azerbaijan is sensitive about its investments and natural gas export
- 10.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan friendship brings stability to the region
- 10.07.2017President: Shahdeniz 2 will be completed soon
- 10.07.2017Erdogan: Southern Gas Corridor is priority for Turkey
- 10.07.2017PM: Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan demonstrated significance of regional cooperation
- 10.07.2017Saudi Aramco to invest $300B to oil production
- 10.07.2017SOCAR increases transfers to state budget adn SSPF
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 07.07.2017SOCAR made more than a half of its bank deposits in USD
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan gets 29% rise in revenues from crude oil
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan gets sixfold increase in revenues from natural gas export
- 10.07.2017Secretary of State: US intends to cooperate with Turkey on SGC
- 08.07.2017Oil prices drop 3 percent on rising global supplies
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijan meets 14% of Georgia’s demand for fuel
- 07.07.2017SGC ends 2016 on loss of AZN 98M