Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
In the first nine months of 2017, Shah Deniz spent approximately $368 million in operating expenditure and about $2.28 billion in capital expenditure, the majority of which was associated with the Shah Deniz Stage 2 project, BP-Azerbaijan told APA-Economics.
In the third quarter of 2017, the Shah Deniz field continued to provide deliveries of gas to markets in Azerbaijan (to SOCAR), Georgia (to GOGC), Turkey (to BOTAS) and to BTC Company in multiple locations.
During the first three quarters, the field produced about 7.4 billion standard cubic metres (bcm) of gas and 1.7 million tonnes (about 14 million barrels) of condensate.
The existing Shah Deniz facilities’ production capacity is currently 30.0 million standard cubic metres of gas per day or around 10.9bcma.
In the third quarter of 2017, Shah Deniz existing (Alpha) platform completed the SDA10 well and brought it on production. The drilling operations on the SDA11 well were resumed and are currently ongoing.
By mid-September 2017, the Istiglal delivered the first completion in the West Flank on the SDD01 well. This was followed by completion operations on the SDD02 well which are currently ongoing. The Maersk Explorer rig is currently drilling the lower section of SDF02.
The above two rigs have already completed four wells on the North Flank and one well on the West Flank, and drilled nine wells in preparation for commencement of Shah Deniz Stage 2 production and subsequent ramp up. Drilling operations will continue to deliver all wells required to ramp up to plateau level.
Shah Deniz participating interests are: BP (operator – 28.8 per cent), AzSD (10.0 per cent), SGC Upstream (6.7 per cent), Petronas (15.5 per cent), Lukoil (10 per cent), NICO (10 per cent) and TPAO (19 per cent).
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018OPEC: Oil output will decline in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 35% decline in solar power production
- 18.01.2018SOCAR transfers AZN 1.5B to state budget last year
- 17.01.2018Sale of Azerbaijani gas in Georgia extends 7 times
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan decreases diesel production by 18% last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 5.5% decline in oil production, 3% in gas production
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan's main gas pipelines transport more than 22 bcm of gas in 2017
- 17.01.2018BTC transports 6.4 million tonnes of transit oil last year
- 17.01.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan by 8.4-fold
- 17.01.2018President Aliyev attends opening of Baku distribution network’s building
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $55M from sale of gold
- 16.01.2018SOCAR sees nearly 3% decline in gas production in 2017
- 16.01.2018SOCAR reduces oil output about 6% last year
- 15.01.2018Georgia imports nearly 200,000 tonnes of oil products from Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in revenues from export of oil products
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 23 percent
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 30% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from energy export
- 12.01.2018Companies to place Petkim’s AZN 500 mln bonds abroad named
- 12.01.2018Fitch: Petkim to save USD70 million annually on STAR’s descent
- 11.01.2018Date set for 4th Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting in Baku
- 10.01.2018Basic metals production for TAP increased
- 10.01.2018Brent oil price above $69/bbl first since May 6, 2015
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.01.2018TAP: Talks with EIB on funding for TAP are ongoing
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijan meets nearly 30% of Georgia’s demand for fuel
- 04.01.2018Gazprom increases gas production by 12.4%
- 04.01.2018OPEC holds production steady
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan announces volume of oil and gas reserves
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas export to Turkey
- 25.12.2017Excise on gasoline imported to Azerbaijan with octane number up to 95 increased 200 times
- 23.12.2017SOCAR: Azerbaijan has large gas reserves to supply pipelines
- 22.12.2017Energy Regulatory Agency established in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017President issues order on additional measures on use of alternative and renewable energy sources
- 22.12.2017$11.5B directed to SGC so far
- 22.12.2017ADB arranges $524.5 million syndicated loan for SGC
- 20.12.2017SOCAR sees 3% decline in gas production
- 20.12.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% this year
- 20.12.2017Turkey intends to increase import of oil and gas from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 19.12.2017TAP construction to be temporarily suspended
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan